Whatever You Think Of Trump -

Billy_Kinetta

Paladin of the Lost Hour
Mar 4, 2013
- he is in control.

The Republicans of late have an uncanny talent for pulling defeat out of victory. Whether this is intentional on the part of the leadership or simply grand stupidity is arguable.

In any case, if the less-than-popular Paul Ryan and Mitch McConnell and that crew continue to goad him, I believe he will go independent, his supporters will follow, and that will be the end of the Republican Party. Apparently they have no clue as to the degree of division and anger within the country.

Neither can one read such an event as positive for the Democrats. It will likely signal the effective end of them as well. All things have a breaking point. It's happened twice before.

Just a thought.

Walker was smart to get out early, eh? :laugh:

- he is in control.

The Republicans of late have an uncanny talent for pulling defeat out of victory. Whether this is intentional on the part of the leadership or simply grand stupidity is arguable.

In any case, if the less-than-popular Paul Ryan and Mitch McConnell and that crew continue to goad him, I believe he will go independent, his supporters will follow, and that will be the end of the Republican Party. Apparently they have no clue as to the degree of division and anger within the country.

Neither can one read such an event as positive for the Democrats. It will likely signal the effective end of them as well. All things have a breaking point. It's happened twice before.

Just a thought.

So we are damned if we do and damned if we don't. If we elect him to represent the GOP, then we are damned to get slaughtered by Clinton or Sanders. If we don't elect him and give Cruz or Rubio a comeback victory, then Trump goes 3P and becomes a Perot stealer.

- he is in control.

Just a thought.

So we are damned if we do and damned if we don't. If we elect him to represent the GOP, then we are damned to get slaughtered by Clinton or Sanders. If we don't elect him and give Cruz or Rubio a comeback victory, then Trump goes 3P and becomes a Perot stealer.
Its funny because you think Cruz and Rubio wouldn't be classified as "damned" :lol:

- he is in control.

Just a thought.

Shrug. Quite possible.

They have made this bed themselves.

Hillary is a time bomb. The FBI has a lock on her.

Go independent? Why the fuck do people still say this? Do you not see him literally walking away with the delegates to win the nomination? There is almost no possibility of any kind of "brokered convention" scenario where Trump is not the GOP nominee at this point. Cruz isn't going to win NY or California. There may be a lot of people in the GOP who don't like it that Trump will be the nominee but they'll have to get over it.

Now I don't know what kind of president Trump would be but I am worried less about the direction of the country under Trump than Hillary Clinton. There is the person we can't afford to elect president under any circumstances. Even if we were electing someone to incompetently get people killed, manage to get themselves into scandal after scandal or laugh and bark hysterically like a crazy person... I'd still vote for Bernie over Hillary.

Go independent? Why the fuck do people still say this? Do you not see him literally walking away with the delegates to win the nomination? There is almost no possibility of any kind of "brokered convention" scenario where Trump is not the GOP nominee at this point. Cruz isn't going to win NY or California. There may be a lot of people in the GOP who don't like it that Trump will be the nominee but they'll have to get over it.

Now I don't know what kind of president Trump would be but I am worried less about the direction of the country under Trump than Hillary Clinton. There is the person we can't afford to elect president under any circumstances. Even if we were electing someone to incompetently get people killed, manage to get themselves into scandal after scandal or laugh and bark hysterically like a crazy person... I'd still vote for Bernie over Hillary.

I hope you are correct. There are efforts to pull a fast one on him.

This is NOT TRUE, actually.

If Trump does not win either Ohio (Kasich) or Florida (Rubio), then we will have an "open convention," where the delegates are obliged to vote for The Donald ONLY ON THE FIRST BALLOT. And since he will not have 50%, that ballot will be inconclusive, and will release the delegates to vote according to their own best judgment thereafter. And since the delegates themselves are likely to be "party insiders" they will not be under any inclination or pressure to vote for The Donald in subsequent ballots.

We could very well have Rubio or Cruz by the end of the convention. Trump's chances drop like the proverbial rock under the scenario described in the above paragraph, and the chances that Kasich and Rubio will prevail in their home states are AT LEAST 50-50.

In order for Trump to secure the nomination in an "open convention" he will have to name a strategic VP - maybe Kasich or Christie - and make their pitch jointly to the delegates.

So there.

The blame for Trump even having a chance lays at the feet of the Republican leadership. Feigning conservative values while mounting a less than complete dedication to stopping Obamacare before it started. Allowing government shutdowns to either not happen or end them before they won back important goals. Just folding when we begged them to hold to their principles time and time again.

You needed to be warriors and ran. Now we have a person willing to fight and what do you do? Fight the warrior. Enough said.

I hope you are correct. There are efforts to pull a fast one on him.

Yes... I was hearing that a few weeks ago... but the results of Super Tuesday are clear. Trump is locking down enough delegates that any sort of "brokering" is going to be irrelevant. There just aren't going to be enough uncommitted delegates to pull it off. Cruz has put himself solidly in 2nd place and if there is someone the Establishment favors less than Trump it is Cruz. So the "pull a fast one" strategy is falling flat on it's face here... it's not going to work... the ship has sailed.

They HOPED that Rubio could make up ground on Cruz and become the decided contender but that didn't transpire yesterday. Not to mention, he is 20 points behind in his own home state. There is still an outside possibility that Cruz could come back, there are still a lot of delegates to be decided but it's becoming obvious that is not a likely scenario as he would have to win states like California and NY and I don't think he can beat Trump in either. And even IF he does, the Establishment GOP would rather have Trump than Cruz.

No... I think we're looking at the writing on the wall after yesterday. Trump will be the GOP nominee and nothing will stop that.

Donors ask GOP consulting firm to research independent presidential bid

Conservative donors have engaged a major GOP consulting firm in Florida to research the feasibility of mounting a late, independent run for president amid growing fears that Donald Trump could win the Republican nomination.

A memo prepared for the group zeroes in on ballot access as a looming obstacle for any independent candidate, along with actually identifying a viable, widely known contender and coalescing financial support for that person. The two states with the earliest deadlines for independent candidates, Texas and North Carolina, also have some of the highest hurdles for independents to get on the ballot, according to the research.

“All this research has to happen before March 16, when inevitably Trump is the nominee, so that we have a plan in place," a source familiar with the discussions said. March 16 is the day after the GOP primary in Florida, a winner-take-all contest that Marco Rubio supporters have identified as a must-win to stop Trump's early momentum.

“It’s critical some serious attention is given to this,” the source said.

The document, stamped “confidential,” was authored by staff at Data Targeting, a Republican firm based in Gainesville, Fla. The memo notes that “it is possible to mount an independent candidacy but [it] will require immediate action on the part of this core of key funding and strategic players.”

- he is in control.

Just a thought.

Awesome isn't it!? :D I love it. GOP will either win WITH Trump or he will run independent and his MILLIONS of supporters like me and my wife and mother and father and uncles will vote for him and the GOP will be relegated to 3rd place. :)

The blame for Trump even having a chance lays at the feet of the Republican leadership. Feigning conservative values while mounting a less than complete dedication to stopping Obamacare before it started. Allowing government shutdowns to either not happen or end them before they won back important goals. Just folding when we begged them to hold to their principles time and time again.

You needed to be warriors and ran. Now we have a person willing to fight and what do you do? Fight the warrior. Enough said.

The absolutely simple problem to the establishment GOP leadership is they still don't comprehend that the Mainstream media supports democrats!
Until they stop stooping to this idiotic "compromise" stance that the Dems NEVER compromise conservatives will lose. I'd rather have an executive action by Trump
then anymore surrendering as McConnell et.al. have done! These idiot GOP leaders continue to think they have to please the MSM and that is why we lost 2008/2012.
People seem to ignore these Facts about the MSM bias and this BIAS is what got us Obama and will get us another Democrat unless we thumb our nose as Trump does!
Look at these studies and tell me there is NOT a concerted effort on the part of the MSM to get Dems elected!!!

Think seriously ... why would the MEDIA that voted with their pocketbook NOT bias the news they present?
Also read what our colleges are teaching our students with the money spent by GOPers on their offspring's education!

99% of top liberal arts professor campaign donations go to Democrats: report
Forty-seven professors at the top 50 liberal arts colleges in the country, as ranked by U.S. News & World Report, have given to presidential campaigns, according to donations recorded in the third quarter by the Federal Election Commission and aggregated by Campus Reform, a conservative watchdog of higher education.
Of those 47 professors, Hamilton College History Professor Robert Paquette was the only one to give to a Republican — donating $150 to Carly Fiorina’s campaign.
The 46 other professors gave $20,875 to Democratic front-runner Hillary Rodham Clinton and $8,417 to Vermont Sen. Bernard Sanders, the report said.
“I do believe these numbers give an accurate representation of the political leanings of faculty on most college campuses, especially allegedly elite liberal arts colleges like Hamilton College,” Mr. Paquette told Campus Reform. Mr. Paquette told the organization he was the “only out-of-closet conservative in a faculty of 200.”

99% of top liberal arts professor campaign donations go to Democrats: report

1) In 2008 85% of media donated money to Democrats!
1,160 (85%) of the 1,353 of the Senior executives, on-air personalities, producers, reporters, editors, writers and other self-identifying employees of ABC, CBS and NBC contributed more than $1 million to Democrats candidates and campaign committees in 2008, according to an analysis by The Examiner of data compiled by the Center for Responsive Politics.
Obama, Democrats got 88 percent of 2008 contributions by TV network execs, writers, reporters

2) 130,213 stories can't be swept under the rug that show that the Democrat Bias is very evident!
Study of 130,213 stories shows Obama bias in 2012 election BY PAUL BEDARD | MARCH 16, 2015 | 10:49 AM
A sweeping study of some 130,213 news articles on the 2012 presidential match between President Obama and Mitt Romney has proven anew
that there was a strong pro-Democratic bias in the U.S. and international press.
The study, published in the authoritative journal Big Data Society, also tested the campaign themes the media focused on and determined that Obama succeeded in stealing the economic issue from Republican Romney.
"Overall, media reporting contained more frequently positive statements about the Democrats than the Republicans.
Overall, the Republicans were more frequently the object of negative statements," wrote the study authors, Their conclusion:
"The Republican Party is the most divisive subject in the campaign, and is portrayed in a more negative fashion than the Democrats."
Paul Bedard, the Washington Examiner's "Washington Secrets" columnist, can be contacted at [email protected].
Smooch: Study of 130,213 stories shows Obama bias in 2012 election

Forum List

Back