What's the Big Deal About This?

Debunking David Barton's*Jefferson (and other) Lies - The Jefferson Lies
In August 2012, four months after it was released, Barton's The Jefferson Lies was pulled from publication by Christian publisher Thomas Nelson because its historical inaccuracies had caused the publisher to "lose confidence" in the book. To the amazement of those unfamiliar with the almost cult-like devotion of his followers, Barton's popularity and influence were not at all diminished by his book being pulled from publication. His recovery was almost immediate. With the help of his pal Glenn Beck, an aggrieved Barton quickly had his followers convinced that he was being silenced for telling the truth – and even the Christian publisher Thomas Nelson was part of the conspiracy! If anything, Barton became even more popular than ever.

Chris Rodda exposes the lies and falsehoods of David Barton, the Christian fundamentalist hack.

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Debunking-David-Bartons-Jefferson-ebook/dp/B00F88GE6S/?_encoding=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=9325&linkCode=ur2&tag=liarsforjesus-20]Amazon.com: Debunking David Barton's Jefferson Lies: #5 - Jefferson Advocated a Secular Public Square eBook: Chris Rodda: Kindle Store[/ame]

http://www.splcenter.org/get-informed/intelligence-files/profiles/david-barton

David Barton’s ascendant star as a self-taught “historian” and influential leader of the evangelical far right crashed in a storm of ridicule when the world’s largest Christian publisher recalled Barton’s 2012 book, The Jefferson Lies, for too many serious whoppers — the kind of gross factual mistakes that are a death knell for any real historian. A prolific propagandist, Barton has long promoted the canard that our Founding Fathers never intended the separation of church and state but rather sought to construct a Christian nation. His Texas-based group, WallBuilders, sells an abundant bounty of books and DVDs pushing Barton’s fun-house vision of religious patriotism. And this distorted message has sold well. Anointed “one of the 25 most influential Evangelicals” by Time Magazine in 2005, Barton has been a political consultant to the Republican National Committee and served as vice chairman of the Texas Republican Party. Although even a large group of conservative Christian history scholars has meticulously refuted the claims in his Jefferson book, Barton continues to sell it and to promote his views online and in the media.

_75202019_d02a2d81-106a-4ece-80ca-811e931bdd8b.jpg

The pettiness of Muslims never ceases to astonish me. They threaten to kill someone for drawing a cartoon making fun of Mohammed. They set forth a death order for someone who writes a book less than rosy about the prophet. :eusa_whistle:

And, I openly admit that I have little or no positive feelings about Islam so posting this is clearly another statement by me in that vein. Read more @ BBC News - #BBCtrending: Outcry over shoe on Mecca's Kaaba

The Phallic Stone is the Idol of Allah, the god of Islam. The Kaaba houses the Idol and Allah, so to put a shoe on the Kaaba is to step on Allah.

The Phallic Stone is the Idol of Allah, the god of Islam. The Kaaba houses the Idol and Allah, so to put a shoe on the Kaaba is to step on Allah.

Interesting. Is there a way to get this man's address and send him an 'AttaBoy!' card and gift?

Again ... look at my signature line and click the link. It will take you to an official, government site called "The Library of Congress." Then read what it says. Congress DID sponsor the printing of the first Bible printed in America. Continue reading down and you will likely be shocked to see just how Christian this country really was in the beginning. I know you don't want to believe it but facts are facts and I suspect that anyone interested in the truth would be interested to know that their public school teachers likely lied to them.

I've led you to the water ... it's up to you to drink.

This was refuted previously. Congress never sponsored printing of bibles.

Library of Congress says otherwise. Link in my signature line.

Last edited:
And Barton is a liar. A notorious liar.

Since you've decided to call Barton a liar please point out ONE SINGLE LIE he told in the above video. I GUARANTEE you that you can't. And if you can't then that make you a liar ... not Barton. I'll be waiting.

That goes for you too, Holly.

A GUARANTEE from a Barton groupie.

He ya' go. If you want more lies exposed from Barton, let me know.

I'll expect an apology for the lies you promote.

Debunking David Barton's Jefferson Lies (Because They Still Need to Be Debunked) | Chris Rodda

At what point in the video did he lie? :35? 1:02? 5:22? Where? Can't prove him wrong? Didn't think so!!! :eusa_whistle:

Here ... I'll make it easy for ya:

"Congress appointed chaplains for itself and the armed forces, sponsored the publication of a Bible, imposed Christian morality on the armed forces ..."
The first national government of the United States, was convinced that the "public prosperity" of a society depended on the vitality of its religion.
Nothing less than a "spirit of universal reformation among all ranks and degrees of our citizens,"
Congress declared to the American people, would "make us a holy, that so we may be a happy people."
Religion and the Congress of the Confederation - Religion and the Founding of the American Republic | Exhibitions (Library of Congress)

"Sponsored" defined: Sponsor - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary

Since you've decided to call Barton a liar please point out ONE SINGLE LIE he told in the above video. I GUARANTEE you that you can't. And if you can't then that make you a liar ... not Barton. I'll be waiting.

That goes for you too, Holly.

A GUARANTEE from a Barton groupie.

He ya' go. If you want more lies exposed from Barton, let me know.

I'll expect an apology for the lies you promote.

Debunking David Barton's Jefferson Lies (Because They Still Need to Be Debunked) | Chris Rodda

At what point in the video did he lie? :35? 1:02? 5:22? Where? Can't prove him wrong? Didn't think so!!! :eusa_whistle:

I suppose it's convenient to pretend the books and publications exposing Barton as a fraud and a liar don't exist.

Denial of facts won't make them go away. What's really remarkable is that you will further the lies and falsehoods of Barton because they appeal to your extremist beliefs.

What a truly sad and delusional world you live in.

David Barton Promotes Debunked Jefferson Claims

One might think David Barton would reconsider some of his claims in light of his problems with his book on Jefferson, The Jefferson Lies. The book was voted “least credible history book in print” by readers of the History News Network, the subject of multiple negative reviews in major publications (e.g., Wall Street Journal), and then pulled from publication by Christian publisher Thomas Nelson. Some authors might allow such negative reactions to generate some reflection and moves to correct obvious errors.

You guys don't see how it might be disrespectful to put your shoes up on the single focus point of the entire religion - the holiest artifact in the world to Muslims?

If the One True Cross was found, would you be ok with someone grinding a cigarette out on it?

The Kaaba is a building, it houses the Idol that Allah resides in, but the Black Stone is not the Kaaba and the Kaaba is not the Black (Phallic) Stone.

Here ... I'll make it easy for ya:

"Congress appointed chaplains for itself and the armed forces, sponsored the publication of a Bible, imposed Christian morality on the armed forces ..."
The first national government of the United States, was convinced that the "public prosperity" of a society depended on the vitality of its religion.
Nothing less than a "spirit of universal reformation among all ranks and degrees of our citizens,"
Congress declared to the American people, would "make us a holy, that so we may be a happy people."
Religion and the Congress of the Confederation - Religion and the Founding of the American Republic | Exhibitions (Library of Congress)

"Sponsored" defined: Sponsor - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary

If you were at all acquainted with the circumstances regarding what you claim Congress "sponsored", you would see just how foolish you appear.

Publisher Pulls David Barton's Book 'Jefferson Lies' - See more at: Publisher Pulls David Barton's Book 'Jefferson Lies'

By Michael Allen, Thu, August 09, 2012

Self-proclaimed 'historian' David Barton's new book 'Jefferson Lies' has become an online bestseller for Amazon.com, but has also been torn to pieces by historians.

NPR’s Barbara Bradley Hagerty profiled David Barton yesterday on 'All Things Considered' and debunked many of Barton's claims:

- See more at: Publisher Pulls David Barton's Book 'Jefferson Lies'

If you were at all acquainted with the circumstances regarding what you claim Congress "sponsored", you would see just how foolish you appear.

What does this have to do with the Muzzie Beasts and their anger that a person put his shoe on a part of a building that houses the idol of their god Allah?

Say Hollie, will you be sending donations of stones to help murder this woman?

{Sudan's foreign ministry denied published reports that a woman sentenced to death for refusing to renounce her Christian faith is expected to be released.

Foreign ministry spokesman Abubakar Al-Sidiq said that he is not aware of any plans to release Mariam Yahya Ibrahim before a ruling from an appeals court. }

Report: Christian Woman Sentenced to Death in Sudan for Apostasy Will Not Be Freed After All - Daniel Doherty

I'll bet you will!

What does this have to do with the Muzzie Beasts and their anger that a person put his shoe on a part of a building that houses the idol of their god Allah?

Say Hollie, will you be sending donations of stones to help murder this woman?

{Sudan's foreign ministry denied published reports that a woman sentenced to death for refusing to renounce her Christian faith is expected to be released.

Foreign ministry spokesman Abubakar Al-Sidiq said that he is not aware of any plans to release Mariam Yahya Ibrahim before a ruling from an appeals court. }

Report: Christian Woman Sentenced to Death in Sudan for Apostasy Will Not Be Freed After All - Daniel Doherty

I'll bet you will!

I'll consider it. In the meantime, post your MasterCard number and I'll make a donation in your name.

There's a good fellow.

Otherwise, what does your comment have to do with your phallic envy surrounding the Moslem god-rock?

Ooops! This is REALLY gonna piss Holly and her band of goons off.

Thomas Jefferson
3rd U.S. President, Drafter and Signer of the Declaration of Independence

"God who gave us life gave us liberty. And can the liberties of a nation be thought secure when we have removed their only firm basis, a conviction in the minds of the people that these liberties are of the Gift of God? That they are not to be violated but with His wrath? Indeed, I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just; that His justice cannot sleep forever; That a revolution of the wheel of fortune, a change of situation, is among possible events; that it may become probable by Supernatural influence! The Almighty has no attribute which can take side with us in that event."
--Notes on the State of Virginia, Query XVIII, p. 237.

"I am a real Christian – that is to say, a disciple of the doctrines of Jesus Christ."
--The Writings of Thomas Jefferson, p. 385.

John Hancock
1st Signer of the Declaration of Independence

"Resistance to tyranny becomes the Christian and social duty of each individual. ... Continue steadfast and, with a proper sense of your dependence on God, nobly defend those rights which heaven gave, and no man ought to take from us."
--History of the United States of America, Vol. II, p. 229.

Benjamin Franklin
Signer of the Declaration of Independence and Unites States Constitution

"Here is my Creed. I believe in one God, the Creator of the Universe. That He governs it by His Providence. That He ought to be worshipped.

"That the most acceptable service we render to him is in doing good to his other children. That the soul of man is immortal, and will be treated with justice in another life respecting its conduct in this. These I take to be the fundamental points in all sound religion, and I regard them as you do in whatever sect I meet with them.

"As to Jesus of Nazareth, my opinion of whom you particularly desire, I think the system of morals and his religion, as he left them to us, is the best the world ever saw, or is likely to see;
--Benjamin Franklin wrote this in a letter to Ezra Stiles, President of Yale University on March 9, 1790.

John Adams
2nd U.S. President and Signer of the Declaration of Independence

"Now I will avow, that I then believe, and now believe, that those general Principles of Christianity, are as eternal and immutable, as the Existence and Attributes of God; and that those Principles of Liberty, are as unalterable as human Nature and our terrestrial, mundane System."
--Adams wrote this on June 28, 1813, excerpt from a letter to Thomas Jefferson.

John Quincy Adams
6th U.S. President

"The hope of a Christian is inseparable from his faith. Whoever believes in the divine inspiration of the Holy Scriptures must hope that the religion of Jesus shall prevail throughout the earth. Never since the foundation of the world have the prospects of mankind been more encouraging to that hope than they appear to be at the present time. And may the associated distribution of the Bible proceed and prosper till the Lord shall have made 'bare His holy arm in the eyes of all the nations, and all the ends of the earth shall see the salvation of our God' (Isaiah 52:10)."
--Life of John Quincy Adams, p. 248.

Christian Quotes of the Founding Fathers (Page 2)

Ooops! This is REALLY gonna piss Holly and her band of goons off.

Selective quotes don't bother me.

I just find it comical that you completely abandoned your fawning over Barton, your fundie hero who is a serial liar and fraud, and launched into silly "quote-mining"

I'll consider it.

I figured as much. Atheists usually are big supporters of Muslim rape gangs that stone the victim afterwards for not being chaste - and then the Atheist says something like "when did Muzzie Beasts become worse than Christians?" But then, Atheists tend to have the intellect of a pile of dog shit..

In the meantime, post your MasterCard number and I'll make a donation in your name.

There's a good fellow.

Sure, it's 69bl-owal-lah

Otherwise, what does your comment have to do with your phallic envy surrounding the Moslem god-rock?

You huff way too much spray paint.

The reason the Muzzie Beasts are up in arms is that lifting his shoe in the building that houses the idol is that it offends that two bit djin Allah.

Since you supposedly don't believe in this shit, it's such a surprise finding you sharing the outrage.

:rofl:

Oh wait, no it's not....

I'll consider it.

I figured as much. Atheists usually are big supporters of Muslim rape gangs that stone the victim afterwards for not being chaste - and then the Atheist says something like "when did Muzzie Beasts become worse than Christians?" But then, Atheists tend to have the intellect of a pile of dog shit..

In the meantime, post your MasterCard number and I'll make a donation in your name.

There's a good fellow.

Sure, it's 69bl-owal-lah

You huff way too much spray paint.

The reason the Muzzie Beasts are up in arms is that lifting his shoe in the building that houses the idol is that it offends that two bit djin Allah.

Since you supposedly don't believe in this shit, it's such a surprise finding you sharing the outrage.

:rofl:

Oh wait, no it's not....

You're projecting. That's not uncommon for angry self-haters.

You're projecting.

Nah, I'm just pissing in your face.

That's not uncommon for angry self-haters.

The Muzzie Beasts murdering a woman for holding a different faith no doubt brings you to orgasm, but me opposing it is hardly "self-hate."

I take it that English is not your native language? I apologize, I know no Arabic at all.

I think you self-loathing types are best left to your fascinating with "piles of dog shit."

Forum List

Back