What's the reason the GOP gives for needing tax cuts for billionaires and corporations?

They say it's to kick start the economy and create jobs.

Looking at the current economy and the number of available jobs, how exactly does that work?

???? deanrd
Maybe Trump is trying Obama's trick.
Obama had to agree to all kinds of payoffs, concessions and mandates
to get corporate insurance interests to back the ACA and get it passed.

Who is benefiting from this tax bill?
Whose votes and support would Trump try to buy
to get this bill to pass with the repeal/replacement of mandates
embedded in the deal???

Before cutting taxes how about feds reduce spending to 2% of GDP?

I’ve always said that before we tell everyone to “pay their fair share”, we must first address egregious and ineffective spending. Clearly, spending is the first priority.

Ever gotten a job from a poor person? Ever been offered a job from a homeless person?

On a serious note, though, IMO a Flat / Fair Tax is the way to go. Everyone pays their fair, equal share. Libs don't get to unfairly tax the rich MORE simply because they have more, and everyone pays. Huge corporations and million/billionaires pay an equal percentage.

I'm guessing you're not rich, so the tax plan you're proposing will RAISE your taxes. Are you okay with that
?

I’ve always said that before we tell everyone to “pay their fair share”, we must first address egregious and ineffective spending. Clearly, spending is the first priority.

"Fair share" is meaningless because it's entirely subjective. There is no accepted, objective, definition of 'fair share'.

Uh, because we want our big companies to hire more people and open more offices. Because our big companies employ at least 1/6 of the American workforce (that's 17% of all workers). Because we want our big companies to bring the $2-plus trillion they are parking overseas back to America.

This is incredible: You guys always whine about job cuts at big companies, but you don't want to take rational, proven steps that will encourage big companies to hire more workers.

Looking at the current economy and the number of available jobs, how exactly does that work?

???? deanrd

embedded in the deal???
Millions were able to have insurance that never had it before.
In all the world, only Republicans think that’s a bad thing.

Uh, because we want our big companies to hire more people and open more offices. Because our big companies employ at least 1/6 of the American workforce (that's 17% of all workers). Because we want our big companies to bring the $2-plus trillion they are parking overseas back to America.

This is incredible: You guys always whine about job cuts at big companies, but you don't want to take rational, proven steps that will encourage big companies to hire more workers.
Proven to have failed.
Prove otherwise. And don’t use useless GOP policies as evidence. We been here before. History and reality tell a different tale.

???? deanrd

embedded in the deal???
Millions were able to have insurance that never had it before.
In all the world, only Republicans think that’s a bad thing.

And millions of us lost our coverage as result too.

Only a liberal would think government creating 20 million new government dependents is a good thing.

"Fair share" is meaningless because it's entirely subjective. There is no accepted, objective, definition of 'fair share'.

Then the term should not be used unless there is an objective definition and context when paying taxes.

Hey, just explain to us how someone who pays no taxes can get a tax break. Seriously! If you pay NOTHING, how can anyone give you less than nothing!
When you say pay no taxes are you counting, property taxes, ssn, Medicare, sales tax, gas tax, usage fees, invisible taxes, etc. or are you just counting the one and only income tax?

Hey, it is an INCOME TAX break. If you want to lower other taxes to, be my guest. Remember, they are CHANGING the RATES, therefore, obviously the people who get to keep MORE of THEIR money, are the ones who actually pay their money in. It isn't rocket science!

And so, you people like to use that excuse, so I have a question----------> does a person who's only income is welfare, pay taxes? ANSWER------>no, we are paying double tax! HOW? ------->Because they tax us to get the money to give to them, and then they tax that money again when it is spent, after we already paid the tax. And so, who should get the break; we who pay the DOUBLE tax, or the middle person who takes the transfer from us, that YOU claim should somehow get a tax break from spending the money WE had to give them!

Then the term should not be used unless there is an objective definition and context when paying taxes.

I don't think I use it.

I should clarify what I said by saying that the term can be used to label an argument for a certain tax system but an argument is much more than a label.

Hey, just explain to us how someone who pays no taxes can get a tax break. Seriously! If you pay NOTHING, how can anyone give you less than nothing!
When you say pay no taxes are you counting, property taxes, ssn, Medicare, sales tax, gas tax, usage fees, invisible taxes, etc. or are you just counting the one and only income tax?

Hey, it is an INCOME TAX break. If you want to lower other taxes to, be my guest. Remember, they are CHANGING the RATES, therefore, obviously the people who get to keep MORE of THEIR money, are the ones who actually pay their money in. It isn't rocket science!

And so, you people like to use that excuse, so I have a question----------> does a person who's only income is welfare, pay taxes? ANSWER------>no, we are paying double tax! HOW? ------->Because they tax us to get the money to give to them, and then they tax that money again when it is spent, after we already paid the tax. And so, who should get the break; we who pay the DOUBLE tax, or the middle person who takes the transfer from us, that YOU claim should somehow get a tax break from spending the WE had to give them!

Trump's tax plan at the lower end gives people money in the form of a negative tax, IOW, you can get back more money than was withheld.

And so, you people like to use that excuse, so I have a question----------> does a person who's only income is welfare, pay taxes? ANSWER------>no, we are paying double tax! HOW? ------->Because they tax us to get the money to give to them, and then they tax that money again when it is spent, after we already paid the tax. And so, who should get the break; we who pay the DOUBLE tax, or the middle person who takes the transfer from us, that YOU claim should somehow get a tax break from spending the WE had to give them!

Trump's tax plan at the lower end gives people money in the form of a negative tax, IOW, you can get back more money than was withheld.

So then, why is everyone on the left melting down? I do not understand the thought process of the left on this.

I don't think I use it.

I should clarify what I said by saying that the term can be used to label an argument for a certain tax system but an argument is much more than a label.

I don’t think you use the term either. It is a term that is used frequently as a justification for individuals to pay more in taxes. I have always been willing to leave that on the table but the hire priority is more responsible spending which means cuts.

Raise taxes on middle and lower class working folk and lower them for corporate and billionaires. Unreal. Only in America.

bear in mind that congressional whores MUST pay back their corporate pimps

That's true, just ask Obama or the Clintons.
The thread is about tax cuts for billionaires and corporations and your comment is "Obama and the Clinton's"?

Really?

Really. Could have sworn they qualify for the congressional whore title.

Raise taxes on middle and lower class working folk and lower them for corporate and billionaires. Unreal. Only in America.

So then, why is everyone on the left melting down? I do not understand the thought process of the left on this.

I'm melting down because I know most of the tax cut, by far, will go to the wealthy, and,

it will bust the budget once more.

We are in a tax cut death spiral in this country.

Keep wondering about what would make big business bring it home to America, don't remember where we got cheap labor before Germany, think it shifted to Japan, then to Hong Kong, then forgot the next labels. now China.. business seems to move where what they want manufactured is where labor is cheap. the time periods seem to run through low & high tax rates here in USA. just thinking out loud, any thoughts?

Keep wondering about what would make big business bring it home to America, don't remember where we got cheap labor before Germany, think it shifted to Japan, then to Hong Kong, then forgot the next labels. now China.. business seems to move where what they want manufactured is where labor is cheap. the time periods seem to run through low & high tax rates here in USA. just thinking out loud, any thoughts?

For certain that is one of them, but the other is transportation costs. Manufacturers like to be near their customers. The closer they are to their customers, the cheaper the transportation. So it's a balancing act between labor costs and transportation costs. If it's a heads or tails decision, taxation plays a much bigger role.

Forum List

Back