Whats YOUR IQ?

China had a bureaucracy based on 'tests' for many hundreds of years. it is easy to imagine how a higher IQ but lower creativity culture evolved. character based language may have added to that.

The Mandarin system.

I actually think such a system would benefit THIS society.

Imagine a class of government workers who were impervious to bribes.

Imagine a class of government workers who were competent because they were NEVER chosen for their jobs based on their political affiliantions.

Imagine a government bureucracy where if the official was found to be bribed, both that official and the briber died a horrible death.

Yet China was once ruled but a nation of "illiterate fools" by a ruler who couldn't read or write....Temuchin aka Ghengis Khan

Yeah China was taken over by the Khans in the 12 and 13th centuries.

The mandarin system started (according to WIKI) in 605 before even China was united.

Hence the administrative system known as Mandariansm lasted in various guises for 14 centuries right up into the XXth century.

I have only ever taken online tests, and really only took them because I thought they were kind of fun (because I like puzzles.)

I don't know how accurate online tests are, and I don't really know what is considered a high IQ.

I think a lot of people take tests like these to see if they are special. Anyone would like to imagine that they are special in some way.

It reminds me of Jerry Seinfeld's bit about hearing tests in school.

"With any kind of physical test, I don't know what it is, I always seem to get competitive. Remember when you were in school and they'd do those hearing tests? And you'd really be listening hard, you know? I wanted to do unbelievable on the hearing test. I wanted them to come over to me after and go, 'We think you may have something close to super-hearing. What you heard was a cotton ball touching a piece of felt. We're sending the results to Washington, we'd like you to meet the President.'"

Forum List

Back