What's Your Understanding Of The Act Of Burning The Flag?

What's Your Understanding Of The Act Of Burning The Flag?

You just flat out don't fucking do it, and if you do, you deserve to have your ass kicked.

My initial instinct should I ever actually witness one of these Assholes burning an American flag would be to beat the living crap out of them.

However, I will fight that urge for now. I will continue to work towards getting the Flag Protection Amendment passed.

I believe that it is not freedom of speech but stupidity to burn the symbol of the very freedom you are wanting to use.

So for now, They have the right. That can and will be changed.

Then I'll beat the crap out of them while making a citizens arrest.
I think most people that burn the flag do it because they believe their freedoms have been invalidated by what politicians say and do...so while I might agree with a lot of what you say, you are dead wrong on this.

I guess we just can't do the ole tar & feather anymore.........

save liberty, 10 commandments are taken down from court buildings because of the constitution, not because someone is offended. them being offended may be why they challenged the constitutionality of placing 10 commandments to the courts, but does not mean that's not the reason. There is no law in the constitution that says its against the law to offend people. If that were the case, we'd have no freedoms as there is always somebody out there offended at stupid shit.

But I'm willing to bet you knew that, you just couldn't help but be intellectually dishonest

You made your point then backed off. Next you launched into a disjointed rant. No facts just opinion. You want to have an intelligent dicussion? Just when were you thinking about starting?

The US Supreme Court doesn't just go out looking for cases to review. A person or group loses a case, it is appealed and finally is sent for consideration to the Supreme Court. Many cases are just sent back to the lower courts. Someone disputes (is offended) by the lower courts rulings.

What the fuck are you talking about? :lol: YOu are so retarded its unbelievable.

Your reading comprehension is so unbelievably poor. You lied and claimed that the reason it was because people are offended. That's not facts, the reason was the constitution. And I even mentioned the reason why the person challenged the law was because they may have been offended. Apparently you don't know the difference between reason for the ruling and reason for the challenge

Me thinks just go on the list of people not even worthy of discussion if you can't even comprehend people's posts.

Your so easy it is pitiful. Most of these courthouses with the ten commandments posted in them or on statues outside are in midwestern states. Those states have been around for what? 175 years maybe only 150? So when was the Constitution written? Oh, yes WAY BEFORE THAT. So, for the last 100 plus years these courthouses were doing something unconstitutional? No, it took some modern day jackass to be offended or intimidated by the ten commandments, then it became a court case that ended up in the Supreme Court.

By the way, reading comprehension would be easier if you would proof your posts. Your missing at least three words in your post above. Seriously, you have been handed your butt all day. Give it a rest. I really have no interest in the baiting, trolling and ranting. You want to be treated like an adult? Act like it.

You made your point then backed off. Next you launched into a disjointed rant. No facts just opinion. You want to have an intelligent dicussion? Just when were you thinking about starting?

The US Supreme Court doesn't just go out looking for cases to review. A person or group loses a case, it is appealed and finally is sent for consideration to the Supreme Court. Many cases are just sent back to the lower courts. Someone disputes (is offended) by the lower courts rulings.

What the fuck are you talking about? :lol: YOu are so retarded its unbelievable.

Your reading comprehension is so unbelievably poor. You lied and claimed that the reason it was because people are offended. That's not facts, the reason was the constitution. And I even mentioned the reason why the person challenged the law was because they may have been offended. Apparently you don't know the difference between reason for the ruling and reason for the challenge

Me thinks just go on the list of people not even worthy of discussion if you can't even comprehend people's posts.

Your so easy it is pitiful. Most of these courthouses with the ten commandments posted in them or on statues outside are in midwestern states. Those states have been around for what? 175 years maybe only 150? So when was the Constitution written? Oh, yes WAY BEFORE THAT. So, for the last 100 plus years these courthouses were doing something unconstitutional? No, it took some modern day jackass to be offended or intimidated by the ten commandments, then it became a court case that ended up in the Supreme Court.

By the way, reading comprehension would be easier if you would proof your posts. Your missing at least three words in your post above. Seriously, you have been handed your butt all day. Give it a rest. I really have no interest in the baiting, trolling and ranting. You want to be treated like an adult? Act like it.

SCOTUS determined otherwise. Just can't admit when you are wrong, can you? Once again, the REASON why the 10 commandments were removed because SCOTUS ruled it was unconstitutional,not because someone was offended. You can't bullshit your way out of that

Can't talk to the actual issue huh, just petty attacks. A true dumbfuck you are. Now go pee on someone moron

Last edited:
I don't notice anyone chuckling, and approval or disapproval doesn't indicate a difference in basic understanding of what's happening.
Well, I didn't really mean literally chuckling, I meant it in an abstract way, although I'm sure some really do chuckle...if and when they too are angry at what's going on with their government.

I'm a Lib, I've lived in NYC, been to protest, I think I have an understanding of the mindset of those on my side.

I think.

Libs aren't upset at the fact that an American flag is burned at all, they at most are wondering what made the burner so mad.

Cons I think get outraged at the site and even at the thought of an American flag burning.

I've noticed these sentiments even during my time on this board.

I'd agree with you're observation, even though I wouldn't lable myself as conservative or liberal.

I really wonder more if people don't share my view: That Flag Burning was something that attracted attention, but has become rather....gaushe....something that, for example, only backward Islamist goat-herding rabble stuck in 1964 might try today.

Last edited:

SCOTUS determined otherwise. Just can't admit when you are wrong, can you? Once again, the REASON why the 10 commandments were removed because SCOTUS ruled it was unconstitutional,not because someone was offended. You can't bullshit your way out of that

Can't talk to the actual issue huh, just petty attacks. A true dumbfuck you are. Now go pee on someone moron

You continue to get the history incorrect. FIRST a person brought suit because they were offended or intimidated by the presence of the ten commandments. THEN the case worked its way to the Supreme Court. There is was found unconstitutional. Finally they were removed. Please cite a link to prove otherwise. Your inability to comprehend that has been the problem this whole time.

The actual issue here is flag burning, or had you forgotten?

You continue to get the history incorrect. FIRST a person brought suit because they were offended or intimidated by the presence of the ten commandments. THEN the case worked its way to the Supreme Court. There is was found unconstitutional. Finally they were removed. Please cite a link to prove otherwise. Your inability to comprehend that has been the problem this whole time.

again, because they were offended is not the reason why SCOTUS ruled on it, they determined it was unconstitutional, NOT because someone was offended. another person who doesn't understand the constitution I see.

deflect all you want, you are the one that brought up the 10 commandments. you really like looking like a fool, don't you?

again, because they were offended is not the reason why SCOTUS ruled on it, they determined it was unconstitutional, NOT because someone was offended. another person who doesn't understand the constitution I see.

deflect all you want, you are the one that brought up the 10 commandments. you really like looking like a fool, don't you?

I did not deflect at all. I said what the proper history of the case was. Then I asked for a link to disprove my history shown above. You failed to produce it, so I can only conclude you just want to provoke.

I did not deflect at all. I said what the proper history of the case was. Then I asked for a link to disprove my history shown above. You failed to produce it, so I can only conclude you just want to provoke.

what doe it have to do with history?
you are obviously being purposely obtuse
he actual issue here is flag burning, or had you forgotten?

Maybe you forgot when you brought up the 10 commandments to make a pathetic attempt at an argument
Ignore list asshole, since its obvious you don't have the intelligence to discuss anything

I don't know this as fact, But i would guess that my dear cousin (Jefferson) and friends did not intend for the 1st amendment to be used to allow anyone to burn anything. And I would bet Uncle Marshall turned in his grave when his beloved supreme court made such a ruling.

I don't know this as fact, But i would guess that my dear cousin (Jefferson) and friends did not intend for the 1st amendment to be used to allow anyone to burn anything. And I would bet Uncle Marshall turned in his grave when his beloved supreme court made such a ruling.

I would disagree. Free speech was designed to protect political speech above all else. And that includes symbolic speech. Which after all is what the Boston Tea Party and other venerated protests of their time were.

What's the difference between destroying a merchant's tea by throwing it in the harbor and burning a flag when it comes to its value as speech? Both are forms of protest that involve action rather than words. Symbolic speech.

I would disagree. Free speech was designed to protect political speech above all else. And that includes symbolic speech. Which after all is what the Boston Tea Party and other venerated protests of their time were.

What's the difference between destroying a merchant's tea by throwing it in the harbor and burning a flag when it comes to its value as speech? Both are forms of protest that involve action rather than words. Symbolic speech.

Actually if the Boston Tea party happened today there would be a few arrests and it might make page 9 of a few papers. Maybe a mention on HLN.

Another thought for those who burn the flag of the United States of America.

Anyone who does so is, in my opinion, is kicking every patriotic American who worked hard, fought for the freedoms of others and themselves, including THEM, by serving in the armed forces or other areas, contributing to the health of the country and it's citizens, being a concerned citizen involved in their communities.etc etc and etc. and hitting us in the face with a baseball bat while saying "FU".They deserve nothing, and if I had my way they'd all be deported to a country where they would be most happy. Unfortunantly those countries don't want them, their hoping they stay here causing chaos and unrest.

Maybe a new law, anyone caught burning the flag should be sentenced to 5 years in a country that is communist, Marxist or a dictatorship. No, then we'd end up getting back a full blown terrorist jerk, since most of them are followers anyway and cannot think for themselves. Strike that idea.

Actually if the Boston Tea party happened today there would be a few arrests and it might make page 9 of a few papers. Maybe a mention on HLN.

Youre right. Because they were trespassing, using violence to subdue the owners and stealing somebody else's property and destroying it to make their point. And somebody who steals a flag to burn it or engages in violence in association with it should also be arrested. But the speech act itself is comparable.

Maybe a new law, anyone caught burning the flag should be sentenced to 5 years in a country that is communist, Marxist or a dictatorship. No, then we'd end up getting back a full blown terrorist jerk, since most of them are followers anyway and cannot think for themselves. Strike that idea.

Wouldn't that bring us down to the level of one of those communist, Marxist dictatorships??

Another thought for those who burn the flag of the United States of America.

Anyone who does so is, in my opinion, is kicking every patriotic American who worked hard, fought for the freedoms of others and themselves, including THEM, by serving in the armed forces or other areas, contributing to the health of the country and it's citizens, being a concerned citizen involved in their communities.etc etc and etc. and hitting us in the face with a baseball bat while saying "FU".They deserve nothing, and if I had my way they'd all be deported to a country where they would be most happy. Unfortunantly those countries don't want them, their hoping they stay here causing chaos and unrest.

Agreed!!! :clap2:

It's pretty clear the libs have zero respect for our men and women who defend our country.

It's legal, unfortunately.... protected under free speech

I have served my country with honor... and buried come close friends with the flag on their coffins... and I think that anyone who desecrates the flag is a despicable piece of shit....
Funny, I think those who make the flag a symbol of invasion, occupation, slavery, support of cruel dictatorships, the oppression of women, and everything else the Right Wing has stood for for 200 years while waving the flag around are pieces of shit...

Forum List

Back