What's Your Understanding Of The Act Of Burning The Flag?

save liberty, 10 commandments are taken down from court buildings because of the constitution, not because someone is offended. them being offended may be why they challenged the constitutionality of placing 10 commandments to the courts, but does not mean that's not the reason. There is no law in the constitution that says its against the law to offend people. If that were the case, we'd have no freedoms as there is always somebody out there offended at stupid shit.

But I'm willing to bet you knew that, you just couldn't help but be intellectually dishonest

You made your point then backed off. Next you launched into a disjointed rant. No facts just opinion. You want to have an intelligent dicussion? Just when were you thinking about starting?

The US Supreme Court doesn't just go out looking for cases to review. A person or group loses a case, it is appealed and finally is sent for consideration to the Supreme Court. Many cases are just sent back to the lower courts. Someone disputes (is offended) by the lower courts rulings.

People have a right to reject America, they have a right to be disrespectful of America, they have a right to say they hate America....believe it or not...It is part of being an American

yes, and we have a right to tell them what ungrateful leeching asswipes they are. it's part of being American

Here's something I can agree to they get to right to burn the flag you get to call them names for it. It's all free speech.

Isn't it wonderful to live in a free country??

So if you reject the symbol of America you then reject America; good logic; that makes you an enemy of America.

People have a right to reject America, they have a right to be disrespectful of America, they have a right to say they hate America....believe it or not...It is part of being an American

I agree.

I am more angered when a non American burns an American flag than when an American does.
Me, too...in fact I am only angered when a non-American burns a flag. Americans have the right to do it and I hope they always will.

save liberty, 10 commandments are taken down from court buildings because of the constitution, not because someone is offended. them being offended may be why they challenged the constitutionality of placing 10 commandments to the courts, but does not mean that's not the reason. There is no law in the constitution that says its against the law to offend people. If that were the case, we'd have no freedoms as there is always somebody out there offended at stupid shit.

But I'm willing to bet you knew that, you just couldn't help but be intellectually dishonest

You made your point then backed off. Next you launched into a disjointed rant. No facts just opinion. You want to have an intelligent dicussion? Just when were you thinking about starting?

The US Supreme Court doesn't just go out looking for cases to review. A person or group loses a case, it is appealed and finally is sent for consideration to the Supreme Court. Many cases are just sent back to the lower courts. Someone disputes (is offended) by the lower courts rulings.

What the fuck are you talking about? :lol: YOu are so retarded its unbelievable.

Your reading comprehension is so unbelievably poor. You lied and claimed that the reason it was because people are offended. That's not facts, the reason was the constitution. And I even mentioned the reason why the person challenged the law was because they may have been offended. Apparently you don't know the difference between reason for the ruling and reason for the challenge

Me thinks just go on the list of people not even worthy of discussion if you can't even comprehend people's posts.

Last edited:
So what was infactual about any of my statements

FACTS
1. Ten commandment display in public buildings were ruled to be needed to be taken down because SCOTUS ruled it was unconstitutional

2. There is no law in the constitution that says its illegal to offend someone

"They dont' put people in prison for fighting". Another classic retarded response in this thread.

"It's assault brotha"

Or if the person dies, its manslaughter or higher, maybe even attempted murder if the injuries sustained is life threatening. What the hell are some people being taught?

Wow, what are some people being taught? According to the local Prosecutor, when asked why the person who caused my fathers death is charged with abuse of a patient instead of assault and murder, the assault charge would only be a misdemeanor. While abuse of a patient is a class 4 felony.

"They dont' put people in prison for fighting". Another classic retarded response in this thread.

"It's assault brotha"

Or if the person dies, its manslaughter or higher, maybe even attempted murder if the injuries sustained is life threatening. What the hell are some people being taught?

Wow, what are some people being taught? According to the local Prosecutor, when asked why the person who caused my fathers death is charged with abuse of a patient instead of assault and murder, the assault charge would only be a misdemeanor. While abuse of a patient is a class 4 felony.

I meant more along the lines of people thinking that its OK to assault someone just because they may have said or done something you don't like. But also partly the part where he thought assault wasn't a crime

My initial instinct should I ever actually witness one of these Assholes burning an American flag would be to beat the living crap out of them.

However, I will fight that urge for now. I will continue to work towards getting the Flag Protection Amendment passed.

I believe that it is not freedom of speech but stupidity to burn the symbol of the very freedom you are wanting to use.

So for now, They have the right. That can and will be changed.

Then I'll beat the crap out of them while making a citizens arrest.

My initial instinct should I ever actually witness one of these Assholes burning an American flag would be to beat the living crap out of them.

However, I will fight that urge for now. I will continue to work towards getting the Flag Protection Amendment passed.

I believe that it is not freedom of speech but stupidity to burn the symbol of the very freedom you are wanting to use.

Fighting that urge is what's supposed to separate humans from animals

Nice to know that people are willing to 'protect' the flag by sacrificing one of the things it stands for.

Nice to know that people are willing to 'protect' the flag by sacrificing one of the things it stands for.

And infringing on other people's freedom

I think most people that burn the flag do it because they believe their freedoms have been invalidated by what politicians say and do...so while I might agree with a lot of what you say, you are dead wrong on this.

Forum List

Back