What's Your Understanding Of The Act Of Burning The Flag?

Apologies I thought you were serious with that rant. I think people have the right to burn a flag and I also have a right to call them things like say 'attention whore' or 'loopy'.

But if they really ARE a whore, then it may be labelled as a hate crime.

That is why I ask all women I meet if they are whores.

It wouldn't be charged as a hate crime, because then they couldn't watch Jerry Springer anymore. Incidentally that's also the safest place to ask women if they're whores.

Thanks for the tip. Ive been searching for a safe place to ask women if they are whores.

But if they really ARE a whore, then it may be labelled as a hate crime.

That is why I ask all women I meet if they are whores.

It wouldn't be charged as a hate crime, because then they couldn't watch Jerry Springer anymore. Incidentally that's also the safest place to ask women if they're whores.

Thanks for the tip. Ive been searching for a safe place to ask women if they are whores.

As long as you know how to duck you should be fine.

Some people think the flag is a symbol yet refuse to recognize burning it as symbolic speech.

Would not burning a symbol be an expression of (at the very least) rejection of what ever that symbol stands for?

So if you reject the symbol of America you then reject America; good logic; that makes you an enemy of America.

Some people think the flag is a symbol yet refuse to recognize burning it as symbolic speech.

Would not burning a symbol be an expression of (at the very least) rejection of what ever that symbol stands for?

So if you reject the symbol of America you then reject America; good logic; that makes you an enemy of America.

As I said days ago in this thread:

People who burn the falg do it as they know it irks the heck out of people.

They could just as easily burn a map of the US as an expression of their anger with the way they see America.

But this is America and I am all for freedom of expression. So if they want to do it, let them do it. They can never take the meaning of the flag away from me by burning a piece of cloth. To them, it is not a flag. It is a tool they use to anger others.

They could just as easily burn a map of the US as an expression of their anger with the way they see America.

But this is America and I am all for freedom of expression. So if they want to do it, let them do it. They can never take the meaning of the flag away from me by burning a piece of cloth. To them, it is not a flag. It is a tool they use to anger others.

If you do something that people don't like or disrespects, shouldn't there be a consequence? Making it illegal wouldn't stop people from doing it necessarily, but there would be a penalty.

Not really, that's essentially saying anyone who rejects a religion is an enemy of that religion.

If you do something that people don't like or disrespects, shouldn't there be a consequence?

No. People's right to free speech shouldn't be limited by others' tastes.

Not really, that's essentially saying anyone who rejects a religion is an enemy of that religion.

Reference Isalm.

If you do something that people don't like or disrespects, shouldn't there be a consequence? Making it illegal wouldn't stop people from doing it necessarily, but there would be a penalty.

If we outlawed everything that someone didnt like, we would have nothing left to do.
Some people hate the smell of curry, so should all restaurants not serve curry?

No. No enforced penalty necessary. In my eyes, the penalty will be your conscience. And if your consicience does not nother you after burning a flag, then you have bigger issues than being a flag burner.

The flag is a symbol. Some are actually made in China. But what the flag represents is not tangible and no one can burn it. It is in your heart.

I say let it go. The more we ignore it the more likely they will stop burning it.

burning a symbol makes one an enemy? :cuckoo:

burning a symbol makes one an enemy? :cuckoo:

Arent symbols made of brass? Brass can burn?

People have a right to reject America, they have a right to be disrespectful of America, they have a right to say they hate America....believe it or not...It is part of being an American

People have a right to reject America, they have a right to be disrespectful of America, they have a right to say they hate America....believe it or not...It is part of being an American

I agree.

I am more angered when a non American burns an American flag than when an American does.

yes, and we have a right to tell them what ungrateful leeching asswipes they are. it's part of being American

You want to rephrase that? It is not part of being an American to hate or disrespect the country. SOME people may do that, but I am not sure they still should have the status of Americans.

yes, and we have a right to tell them what ungrateful leeching asswipes they are. it's part of being American

Here's something I can agree to they get to right to burn the flag you get to call them names for it. It's all free speech.

save liberty, 10 commandments are taken down from court buildings because of the constitution, not because someone is offended. them being offended may be why they challenged the constitutionality of placing 10 commandments to the courts, but does not mean that's not the reason. There is no law in the constitution that says its against the law to offend people. If that were the case, we'd have no freedoms as there is always somebody out there offended at stupid shit.

But I'm willing to bet you knew that, you just couldn't help but be intellectually dishonest

Forum List

Back