What's Your Understanding Of The Act Of Burning The Flag?

...and resolve.

Yes. And resolve.

Terrorists have resolve as well. Extremists have resolve too. Having resolve, is not a thing to admire in everyone.

OK. Dante. That very much applies to what we were discussing.

I pee at night before I go to bed.

So do terrorists.

So I guess I must have many other similar characteristics as terrorists.

And yes, I do! I have 4 limbs, 5 senses, a pulse, a penis. Yep, I must be just like a terrorist.

Isnt that called trolling?

I don't think that RWers and LWers view it the same at all.

You RWers tend to take it ultra-personally, as if someone's burning down your abode or something.

So I'd like to get some feedback as to what you think it is, both sides actually.

Something tells me that the reasons will differ quite substantially based on ideology.

I am neither a right winger or a left winger; I believe in the best of all worlds. As for the flag burning issue, I believe the only time an American flag should be burned is at the traditional time, when it is all worn out and retired. Otherwise, it should be honored as a symbol of those who lived and died to give us what we have today, as shaky as that may be. You're welcome to disagree, just don't burn my flag. :neutral:

P.S. Personally, I believe burning the American flag is taking free speech further than it should allowed.

Last edited:
I remember a recent news story about an old man who had to fight to fly the flag.. I guess if he burned it he would have a peanut gallery cheering him on.. he had to fight to fly the American Flag in America.. go figure.

I remember that story. If my memory serves me correctly, it was a zoning issue. Folks weren't allowed to hoist flagpoles of any sort in his neighborhood...it made national news if I'm not mistaken. I think this was around 06 or 07. Yes?

he went to court,,, he won,, zoning issues up the azz. Flag flys

Indeed... and they ought to have their ass kicked up around their fucking shoulders, be arrested, and sent to what ever other country they feel the need to burn their flag next.

Try burning one in front of me, and will remove some of your teeth. Go to jail for it? Gladly. Small price to pay to fuck up someone desecrating the most sacred symbol of America, and all the blood and dead that fought for it.

You see...THIS is the nonsense and IGNORANCE I'm talking about. Here you have an individual that allowed themselves to get so wrapped up in EMOTION for an inanimate object that this individual is now willing and ready to physically accost another individual simply because THEIR EMOTIONS has been hurt.

It is individuals such as this one that are found in gutters or go missing when they come across the wrong person of group of people.

Threatening Pale Rider now MarcATL? What, your EMOTIONS get wrapped up in this one?

Same old double standard garbage from some, those who condemn others for burning the American flag, react in a manner they themselves condemed. It is NOT nonsense and ignorance, it's being proud of and willing to defend the country that the flag stands for. Defending what, in our case, our forefathers fought for, Freedoms, and BTW,we are losing them one by one as each day passes.

Some say, the flag is an inanimate object, yes it is, but most of us have accepted it as the symbol for our country, the United States of America, and those that burn it may not like freedom the way most of us do,I would suggest that you LEAVE THE DAMN COUNTRY and live where your Hate America brothers and sisters are are.

Some say, freedom of expression, okay, go burn the KORAN,Quran HERE in America, in public or better yet in front of a Mosque, and lets see how freedom of expression works for you.

Go burn all those inanimate object pictures that venerate your wife, children and relatives.
Burn all your trophies, certificates, your college diplomas. NO?, why, they represent something of importance to you, valuable? Some people make me want to puke.

And last but not least, since there are so many examples, go to Iran,Syria,Afghanistan, pick most any country and try BURNING their flag in public. We'll see how the "Bash America" proponents survive, please, do that and let us know. Yes it is legal here, don't tell me over and over.

I have seen a few 'AMERICA haters' in here, fortunantly not too many, do me a favor "America Haters', if your not already somewhere else, move there or shut the 'F' UP.

It is NOT nonsense and ignorance, it's being proud of and willing to defend the country that the flag stands for. Defending what, in our case, our forefathers fought for, Freedoms, and BTW,we are losing them one by one as each day passes.

And if we pass a flag burning amendment, that will be one more freedom being lost.

A person burning a flag is despicable and you are free to detest what that person stands for with all your strength. However, his right to protest is a cornerstone of our Constitution. Burning a flag is a statement that you do not support the US or what it stands for.

Go to North Korea or to China and see what happens to people who protest the Government or criticize the leadership. They are locked up and never seen again. If we took that position on criticizing your country, 90% of the posters on this board would be in jail.

Can I burn a flag on your yard? How about a cross? Can you say anything you want in the local paper? Can you say anything you want in public? Imagine that, there are LIMITS. Time to redraw the line.

Indeed... and they ought to have their ass kicked up around their fucking shoulders, be arrested, and sent to what ever other country they feel the need to burn their flag next.

Try burning one in front of me, and will remove some of your teeth. Go to jail for it? Gladly. Small price to pay to fuck up someone desecrating the most sacred symbol of America, and all the blood and dead that fought for it.

So you are using coercion and the threat of violence in order to prevent people from engaging in a perfectly legal act of speech/expression? Could it be, cause this certainly sounds like such, terrorism from those on the right? (well atleast this fuck).
Deal with it ya pencil necked little pussy. And just wonder if you ever do burn a flag if I'm one of the guys around you.

You little liberal, anti military, anti constitution, anti everything American mother fuckers make me sick, and you can bet yur little shit stained shorts that if you do burn a flag in front of me, you're going to get your ass kicked.

No, you didn't remember the story. It was not zoning rules, it was subdivision rules. This issue repeats just about every year. The homeowners ALWAYS win. Liberal loons who hate their country trying to muffle free speech. I see this thread was started because of the anti-war protest at the White House on March 30th.
That's pretty ironic on a thread where rightwingloons think flag burning should be illegal.

:thup:

Not ironic, it just shows one more division in our country. One where the left takes a ricidulous position to protect someone from a false enfringement on their rights.

So telling you you can't make a symbolic gesture because some people get offended isn't an infringement on free speech?

Telling you that you can't destroy something that you own isn't an infringement on property rights?

Can I burn a flag on your yard?

Only if I allow it.

How about a cross?

That would be a threat.

Can you say anything you want in the local paper? Can you say anything you want in public?

No there's libel and slander laws, inciting a riot etc. etc.

Imagine that, there are LIMITS. Time to redraw the line.

Give us one good reason why flag burning should be illegal. It's not a threat, and it's not libel or slander, nor is it telling people that they should act violent.

So you are using coercion and the threat of violence in order to prevent people from engaging in a perfectly legal act of speech/expression? Could it be, cause this certainly sounds like such, terrorism from those on the right? (well atleast this fuck).
Deal with it ya pencil necked little pussy. And just wonder if you ever do burn a flag if I'm one of the guys around you.

You little liberal, anti military, anti constitution, anti everything American mother fuckers make me sick, and you can bet yur little shit stained shorts that if you do burn a flag in front of me, you're going to get your ass kicked.

From the side that wants to ignore the 1st amendment.

Also
E-thug2.jpg

Last edited:
Some people think the flag is a symbol yet refuse to recognize burning it as symbolic speech.

Would not burning a symbol be an expression of (at the very least) rejection of what ever that symbol stands for?

Sorry dip shit, but it won't be e-anything that beats someones ass if I see them burning a flag. It will be me.

Just some FYI for all you little cock sucking, liberal, pencil necked geeks that think burning an American flag is COOL, I'm not alone. There's a lot of people out here that think EXACTLY the same as I do. So make sure to look over your shoulder if you ever think you need to burn an American flag. I might be one of the people in the crowd, and if I am, you're going to get some lumps.

Last edited:
Sorry dip shit, but it won't be e-anything that beats someones ass if I see them burning a flag. It will be me.

Just some FYI for you little cock sucking, liberal, pencil necked geeks that think burning an American flag is COOL, I'm not alone. There's a lot of people out here that think EXACTLY the same as I do. So make sure to look over your shoulder if you ever think you need to burn an American flag. I might be one of the people in the crowd, and if I am, you're going to get some lumps.

I hope you value your bike an private possessions, because they will most likely become the property of the person you assault for burning a flag at some future time and date.

Yeah, you'll get sued. Yeah, you'll lose. Big time.

And to save you from your inevitable retort: no, it won't be me. I would never burn a flag, but I recognize that it's a fundamental right to do so.

Just some FYI for you little cock sucking, liberal, pencil necked geeks that think burning an American flag is COOL, I'm not alone. There's a lot of people out here that think EXACTLY the same as I do. So make sure to look over your shoulder if you ever think you need to burn an American flag. I might be one of the people in the crowd, and if I am, you're going to get some lumps.

I hope you value your bike an private possessions, because they will most likely become the property of the person you assault for burning a flag at some future time and date.

Yeah, you'll get sued. Yeah, you'll lose. Big time.

And to save you from your inevitable retort: no, it won't be me. I would never burn a flag, but I recognize that it's a fundamental right to do so.

I already said I don't give a rats ass what happens to me. I see someone burning a flag, I'm going to thump your ass up, period.

And whatever I might lose in some possible law suit, I know the people in my area would be so proud of me for kicking some little flag burning, America haters ass, they'd throw a benefit for me to raise money for my defense, and to replace anything I might lose. Hell, I might even come out ahead. You forget, there's a lot of others that think exactly as I do.

I already said I don't give a rats ass what happens to me. I see someone burning a flag, I'm going to thump your ass up, period.

And whatever I might lose in some possible law suit, I know the people in my area would be so proud of me for kicking some little flag burning, America haters ass, they'd throw a benefit for me to raise money for my defense, and to replace anything I might lose. Hell, I might even come out ahead. You forget, there's a lot of others that think exactly as I do.

Hey, if you want to double down on that, it's your prerogative. I am just pointing out the (more probable) facts to you.

When you get out of prison you might have brand new shit or you might have squat. Spin the wheel and take your chances.

That's pretty ironic on a thread where rightwingloons think flag burning should be illegal.

:thup:

Not ironic, it just shows one more division in our country. One where the left takes a ricidulous position to protect someone from a false enfringement on their rights.

So telling you you can't make a symbolic gesture because some people get offended isn't an infringement on free speech?

Telling you that you can't destroy something that you own isn't an infringement on property rights?

Thanks for giving me that great debate point! First, because some people are offended, we can't have the ten commandments posted in courthouses or kids pray in groups at school. Following that logic, flag burning should be illegal.

Second, your rights are given up to the point they enfringe on my rights. Since you are disrespecting me as an American represented by the flag. You lose.

Hey, if you want to double down on that, it's your prerogative. I am just pointing out the (more probable) facts to you.

When you get out of prison you might have brand new shit or you might have squat. Spin the wheel and take your chances.

Prison... pffft... they don't put people in prison for fighting moron. Hell, I doubt I'd even see the inside of a jail.

Your sensationalism and hyperbole stinks.

Not my problem you can't deal with the fact that there's people like me out here. Lots of them. Deal with it.

Just some FYI for all you little cock sucking, liberal, pencil necked geeks that think burning an American flag is COOL, I'm not alone. There's a lot of people out here that think EXACTLY the same as I do. So make sure to look over your shoulder if you ever think you need to burn an American flag. I might be one of the people in the crowd, and if I am, you're going to get some lumps.

Talk is cheap, and you're a pathetic e-thug.

Thanks for giving me that great debate point! First, because some people are offended, we can't have the ten commandments posted in courthouses or kids pray in groups at school. Following that logic, flag burning should be illegal.

Those aren't banned because people are offended, they are banned because they are governments sponsoring religion (btw kids praying in groups at school aren't illegal as long as the teacher or principal doesn't lead them).

Second, your rights are given up to the point they enfringe on my rights. Since you are disrespecting me as an American represented by the flag. You lose.

You have no right to respect. I can disrespect you all I want and it's covered under free speech.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back