What's Your Understanding Of The Act Of Burning The Flag?

Threatening Pale Rider now MarcATL? What, your EMOTIONS get wrapped up in this one?

YOu really like looking like a fool, huh? Please point out any threat there.

I know, you are just being a loser troll

Veiled threat, but a threat none the less. (see bold) Seems someone mentioned reading comprehension in their neg rep. If you can't comprehend the threat, you need help.

No it's not it's basically saying "this is type of person who will get himself killed if he ever interacts with say the Hell's Angels"

I don't think that RWers and LWers view it the same at all.

You RWers tend to take it ultra-personally, as if someone's burning down your abode or something.

So I'd like to get some feedback as to what you think it is, both sides actually.

Something tells me that the reasons will differ quite substantially based on ideology.

I'm a little late to this party, I had an American Legion meeting to attend.

I don't believe there should be any difference between left and right on this, And I would hope this isn't split down party lines, But I don't know that is true.

The flag means a lot to me. It is a symbol of the USA, It waves wherever our fighting forces are, anywhere in the world. It even waves on the Moon to show that we; the USA has been there. But more than a symbol of our country, the flag is a symbol for all that we stand for. Democracy, freedom, pride, The most free country in history and the greatest.

As our flag is a symbol of our freedoms, how can one truly demonstrate those freedoms by destroying the symbol of those freedoms?

I disagree with anyone who burns an American flag as a form of protest. However, until the law is changed (and I work toward that end) I will stand up and defend their (temporary ) right to do so. (As stupid as they make themselves look.)

I so love people that love America.. and were willing to fight for us. You have my utmost regard and admiration.

You RWers tend to take it ultra-personally, as if someone's burning down your abode or something.

So I'd like to get some feedback as to what you think it is, both sides actually.

Something tells me that the reasons will differ quite substantially based on ideology.

As long as you bought it, you can do what you want. I do find it odd that burning our flag is constitutionally protected now but a man down in Texas that burned the Mexican flag was arrested.

Oh, and if you burn your flag in front of me, expect to get an earful of my constitutionally protected free speech. :D

A man was arrested for burning the Mexican flag?

:cuckoo:

just as I thought...

The man was arrested on a minor charge. He was supposed to appear in a municipal court where he faced charges of burning without a permit

:lol:

what happened? what was the result? and you have the unmitigated gall to hint that others misrepresent things in posts and thread titles?

:rofl:

Last edited:

As long as you bought it, you can do what you want. I do find it odd that burning our flag is constitutionally protected now but a man down in Texas that burned the Mexican flag was arrested.

Oh, and if you burn your flag in front of me, expect to get an earful of my constitutionally protected free speech. :D

Haven't heard of the Mexican flag thing, and the idea that anybody can be arrested for burning any flag as a symbolic speech act is troubling to me on principle.

But as to the rest - that's exactly how it should be. ;)

I remember a recent news story about an old man who had to fight to fly the flag.. I guess if he burned it he would have a peanut gallery cheering him on.. he had to fight to fly the American Flag in America.. go figure.

Haven't heard of the Mexican flag thing, and the idea that anybody can be arrested for burning any flag as a symbolic speech act is troubling to me on principle.

People of the web. I have an announcement to make.

just as I thought...

The man was arrested on a minor charge. He was supposed to appear in a municipal court where he faced charges of burning without a permit

what happened? what was the result? things are misrepresent here.

I suppose most liberals would say it's their right to do what they please. But I find it's a slap in the face to our country.

The question should be, why would any American want to burn the American flag?
That's not the question. Why not ask why would any American want to protest their government if that's the stance you're going to take then?

Personally, for me, it's not government I protest but who is head at the time. Which, of course, now is Obama. I don't agree with his agenda. So, therefore, when the next election comes around, again, I will not vote for him. Part of the voting process our government constructed.

God Bless America!! :thup:

I remember a recent news story about an old man who had to fight to fly the flag.. I guess if he burned it he would have a peanut gallery cheering him on.. he had to fight to fly the American Flag in America.. go figure.

What's Your... 04-08-2010 09:51 PM Dante sick shit. your post dantelante.. is a pissant..

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

just as I thought...

pissant...

What's your understanding of the act of burning the flag?

Heat is applied to the flag which reaches the point of combustion. The oxygen level must be sufficient to allow the process to continue. A dry flag will burn better than a damp one, unless the dampness is the result of an accelerant being applied.

A burning flag can be dangerous. It is best to burn it away from others to protect them. Many veterans groups have experience in proper and respectful flag burning. It is best left up to them. Should you feel burning the flag is necessary, visiting a foreign country is advised before burning. Please strongly consider staying there after the burning.

That about covers it.

Indeed... and they ought to have their ass kicked up around their fucking shoulders, be arrested, and sent to what ever other country they feel the need to burn their flag next.

Try burning one in front of me, and will remove some of your teeth. Go to jail for it? Gladly. Small price to pay to fuck up someone desecrating the most sacred symbol of America, and all the blood and dead that fought for it.

So you are using coercion and the threat of violence in order to prevent people from engaging in a perfectly legal act of speech/expression? Could it be, cause this certainly sounds like such, terrorism from those on the right? (well atleast this fuck).

I remember the little bastard who burned a flag on a Dallas street during the 1984 Republican Convention and I wondered why he wasn't charged with reckless endangerment. I mean you can't just go out in public and set things on fire.

There should be designated flag burning zones for people who want to do this. Who could take that seriously?

P.S. Oh yeah! It wasn't even his flag. He stole it from a merchant who had it on display, I think. At least flag burners should be required to burn their own flags.

Last edited:

just as I thought...

pissant...

twat juicer

I remember that story. If my memory serves me correctly, it was a zoning issue. Folks weren't allowed to hoist flagpoles of any sort in his neighborhood...it made national news if I'm not mistaken. I think this was around 06 or 07. Yes?

I remember that story. If my memory serves me correctly, it was a zoning issue. Folks weren't allowed to hoist flagpoles of any sort in his neighborhood...it made national news if I'm not mistaken. I think this was around 06 or 07. Yes?

yeah it was because of some sort of conservative principle about keeping to the rules no matter what.:eusa_shhh:

No, you didn't remember the story. It was not zoning rules, it was subdivision rules. This issue repeats just about every year. The homeowners ALWAYS win. Liberal loons who hate their country trying to muffle free speech. I see this thread was started because of the anti-war protest at the White House on March 30th.

No, you didn't remember the story. It was not zoning rules, it was subdivision rules. This issue repeats just about every year. The homeowners ALWAYS win. Liberal loons who hate their country trying to muffle free speech. I see this thread was started because of the anti-war protest at the White House on March 30th.
That's pretty ironic on a thread where rightwingloons think flag burning should be illegal.

:thup:

That's pretty ironic on a thread where rightwingloons think flag burning should be illegal.

:thup:

Not ironic, it just shows one more division in our country. One where the left takes a ricidulous position to protect someone from a false enfringement on their rights.

Forum List

Back