What's Your Understanding Of The Act Of Burning The Flag?

☭proletarian☭;2194797 said:
It's legal, unfortunately.... protected under free speech

I have served my country with honor... and buried come close friends with the flag on their coffins... and I think that anyone who desecrates the flag is a despicable piece of shit....
Funny, I think those who make the flag a symbol of invasion, occupation, slavery, support of cruel dictatorships, the oppression of women, and everything else the Right Wing has stood for for 200 years while waving the flag around are pieces of shit...

Only from the left..........

Freedom is what matters, not your leftist hype. It is the freedoms that we in the USA enjoy, that our troops throughout history have bled and died for that the flag symbolizes. Not your weak protests.

Actually, the freedom our troops have fought and died for throughout history includes the freedom to protest. And to many of us that is part of what the flag stands for, whether we would actually burn one or not.

Funny thing about symbols, objectively they may have a set meaning but subjectively different people see them all different ways.

Deal with it ya pencil necked little pussy. And just wonder if you ever do burn a flag if I'm one of the guys around you.

You little liberal, anti military, anti constitution, anti everything American mother fuckers make me sick, and you can bet yur little shit stained shorts that if you do burn a flag in front of me, you're going to get your ass kicked.

From the side that wants to ignore the 1st amendment.

Sorry dip shit, but it won't be e-anything that beats someones ass if I see them burning a flag. It will be me.

Just some FYI for all you little cock sucking, liberal, pencil necked geeks that think burning an American flag is COOL, I'm not alone. There's a lot of people out here that think EXACTLY the same as I do. So make sure to look over your shoulder if you ever think you need to burn an American flag. I might be one of the people in the crowd, and if I am, you're going to get some lumps.
So you're okay with using force to violate someone's Constitutional rights?

Also, what are the rules about threatening other posters?

Another thought for those who burn the flag of the United States of America.

Anyone who does so is, in my opinion, is kicking every patriotic American who worked hard, fought for the freedoms of others and themselves, including THEM, by serving in the armed forces or other areas, contributing to the health of the country and it's citizens, being a concerned citizen involved in their communities.etc etc and etc. and hitting us in the face with a baseball bat while saying "FU".They deserve nothing, and if I had my way they'd all be deported to a country where they would be most happy. Unfortunantly those countries don't want them, their hoping they stay here causing chaos and unrest.

Maybe a new law, anyone caught burning the flag should be sentenced to 5 years in a country that is communist, Marxist or a dictatorship. No, then we'd end up getting back a full blown terrorist jerk, since most of them are followers anyway and cannot think for themselves. Strike that idea.

Agreed!!! :clap2:

It's pretty clear the libs have zero respect for our men and women who defend our country.

It's been a while since our troops have fought to defend our country.

☭proletarian☭;2195051 said:
Another thought for those who burn the flag of the United States of America.

Anyone who does so is, in my opinion, is kicking every patriotic American who worked hard, fought for the freedoms of others and themselves, including THEM, by serving in the armed forces or other areas, contributing to the health of the country and it's citizens, being a concerned citizen involved in their communities.etc etc and etc. and hitting us in the face with a baseball bat while saying "FU".They deserve nothing, and if I had my way they'd all be deported to a country where they would be most happy. Unfortunantly those countries don't want them, their hoping they stay here causing chaos and unrest.

Maybe a new law, anyone caught burning the flag should be sentenced to 5 years in a country that is communist, Marxist or a dictatorship. No, then we'd end up getting back a full blown terrorist jerk, since most of them are followers anyway and cannot think for themselves. Strike that idea.

Agreed!!! :clap2:

It's pretty clear the libs have zero respect for our men and women who defend our country.

It's been a while since our troops have fought to defend our country.

So fighting terrorism isn't defending our country since libs want open borders?

So fighting terrorism isn't defending our country

We're not fighting terrorism. We're expanding upon the policies and actions that make people want to strike back at us in the first place.

☭proletarian☭;2194925 said:
☭proletarian☭;2194832 said:
Thanks to liberals and Leftists.

Wrong. Thanks go to the men and women who fought and died to protect the liberals and leftists even though they disagreed with them on many issues.

So Washington never led his men into battle?

Reread my post...I think Washington is included in the group that protected the liberals and leftists of the day even though he may have disagreed with some of their principles.

Washington disagreed with liberal principles?

Right....

Is that why he refused to be king and was among the Founding Fathers, who based their ideology upon the doctrines of Locke?

☭proletarian☭;2195145 said:
Washington disagreed with liberal principles?

Right....

Is that why he refused to be king and was among the Founding Fathers, who based their ideology upon the doctrines of Locke?

Who pissed in your Wheaties?

I said he MAY have disagreed with SOME of their principles...NOT "HE DISAGREED WITH LIBERAL PRINCIPLES"!

Don't put words in people's mouth's.

So now you're claiming you said nothing at all that you're willing to stand by?

Are you always this wishy-washy?

The person doing it is a douche, but their right to do it is a necessary part of a free society. Free speech doesn't only apply to speech I (or you) like.

☭proletarian☭;2194908 said:
One of the things that the Flag stands for is Freedom of speech and freedom of expression.

Not when the Right-Wingers wave it.
But the flag stands for so much more - it symbolizes for our governement,

Which is a false one, according to the same people bitching about flag burning.

Who didn't always have equal rights and, in the case of women, still aren't equal in the work place.

Which?

our history,

Of enslavement, segregation, oppression, abuse of federal power, and colonialism?
the patriotic sacrifices of our soldiers.

Which? Preventing Nam from leaving France and perusing its own self-governance? Supporting the Czar? Taking Hawaii with cannons?

America has a very ugly past and still has some very ugly policies.

I really need to save this post as a prime example of situational ethics and flexible morality. It's almost textbook.

I think the person burning the flag has much more respect for America than the person who would want to take away the right to do it.

☭proletarian☭;2195079 said:

We're not fighting terrorism. We're expanding upon the policies and actions that make people want to strike back at us in the first place.

Bullshit.
Why don't you go look up some old videos of bin Laden explaining why he wants to/did attack the US?

The world hates us because we won't stay out of their asses.

☭proletarian☭;2194908 said:
One of the things that the Flag stands for is Freedom of speech and freedom of expression.

Not when the Right-Wingers wave it.

Which is a false one, according to the same people bitching about flag burning.

Who didn't always have equal rights and, in the case of women, still aren't equal in the work place.

Which?

Of enslavement, segregation, oppression, abuse of federal power, and colonialism?
the patriotic sacrifices of our soldiers.
Which? Preventing Nam from leaving France and perusing its own self-governance? Supporting the Czar? Taking Hawaii with cannons?

America has a very ugly past and still has some very ugly policies.

I really need to save this post as a prime example of situational ethics and flexible morality. It's almost textbook.

Citing some of America's wrongs is situational ethics? Do go on.

☭proletarian☭;2195079 said:

Bullshit.

proletarian

Your kidding, right? :eek:

It's an over-hyped issue. People who burn the Flag are pretty stupid but they do have the right to do it. I think it's that simple in the end.

I don't know this as fact, But i would guess that my dear cousin (Jefferson) and friends did not intend for the 1st amendment to be used to allow anyone to burn anything. And I would bet Uncle Marshall turned in his grave when his beloved supreme court made such a ruling.
Again, I think you are wrong. It goes hand in hand with the mindset that guarantees the right to bear arms.

☭proletarian☭;2195196 said:
So now you're claiming you said nothing at all that you're willing to stand by?

Are you always this wishy-washy?

Wrong again......I said you can't read...I was right wasn't I?

Forum List

Back