When did liking ones own country become xenophobia?

SuperDemocrat

Gold Member
Mar 4, 2015
This is fucking retarded. Their is no other way 'liberals' can out do themselves on the stupidest shit they have ever thought of after this. American kids have became convinced that patriotism is a form of xenophobia ( which is likening it to racism). This is the dumbest shit ever and that is saying a lot after all of the dumb things they have came up with.

To like or love ones own nation is not xenophobia.

Patriotism is not xenophobia.

Nationalism is not xenophobia.

However, xenophobes love to utilize such lofty ideas in hopes of hiding their fear and hatred of foreigners.

• Banned

However, xenophobes love to utilize such lofty ideas in hopes of hiding their fear and hatred of foreigners.

Is it no longer OK to dislike foreigners? What if on average they are assholes? What if like most thought 911 was awesome. What should I do then?

Actually, Nationalism is by denifintion necessarily xenophobic.

That's the difference between nationalism and patriotism - patriotism is about loving your country, nationalism is about competing (usually militarily) against all the others.

Is it no longer OK to dislike foreigners? What if on average they are assholes? What if like most thought 911 was awesome. What should I do then?

It's never been ok to dislike foreigners. What sample size are you using for this "average"? What gives you the idea that "most" foreigners thought 911 was "awesome"?

• Banned

Actually, Nationalism is by denifintion necessarily xenophobic.

That's the difference between nationalism and patriotism - patriotism is about loving your country, nationalism is about competing (usually militarily) against all the others.

In times of war isn't patriotism and what you described as nationalism almost the same thing? Are we allowed to say USA is number 1 or is that considered hate speech?

All of American history involves a dislike of foreigners, and of those foreigners staking their claim and reaching for the American dream anyways.

The problem is that a lot of the natives think they were born with a right to the American dream, and don't feel the need to earn it.

• Banned

It's never been ok to dislike foreigners. What sample size are you using for this "average"? What gives you the idea that "most" foreigners thought 911 was "awesome"?

I believe it was a hypothetical situation. What if most foreigners thought 911 was A-OK to do? Would you dislike them?

This is fucking retarded. Their is no other way 'liberals' can out do themselves on the stupidest shit they have ever thought of after this. American kids have became convinced that patriotism is a form of xenophobia ( which is likening it to racism). This is the dumbest shit ever and that is saying a lot after all of the dumb things they have came up with.
Good question. I think that, at some level, those who play this game know this. They're just deflecting and attacking, which is what they do.

And irony of ironies, they're the same people who hate this country's history and traditions.

Go figure.

I believe it was a hypothetical situation. What if most foreigners thought 911 was A-OK to do? Would you dislike them?

New Democrats would try to appoint them Secretary of State.

Good question. I think that, at some level, those who play this game know this. They're just deflecting and attacking, which is what they do.

And irony of ironies, they're the same people who hate this country's history and traditions.

Go figure.
Like the history of immigrants and different cultures living together?

Go figure.
No, that wouldn't be one of them. Although they don't care if a certain group makes no effort to assimilate.

And they sure are very, very, very tolerant of one specific religion while being terribly intolerant of another, a religion with deep history and traditions in this country.

The Regressive Left and Islam -- What is happening here?

Where are you getting this?

It is called being conscience while you are breathing. That is where I obtain this information.

Go figure.
No, that wouldn't be one of them. Although they don't care if a certain group makes no effort to assimilate.

And they sure are very, very, very tolerant of one specific religion while being terribly intolerant of another, a religion with deep history and traditions in this country.

You guys always use that argument that Islam is "tolerated" more than Christianity in this country.

You ignore that the 2 religions share mostly the same beliefs, and that Muslims aren't the ones with the power attempting to enforce those beliefs on the rest of us.

Do you think if it were Muslims in this country who were the ones trying to force creationism in schools and discrimination against gay people that the left would be supporting them?

It is called being conscience while you are breathing. That is where I obtain this information.

So, you just pulled it out of your ass?

So, you just pulled it out of your ass?

Actually I walked into a room of liberals and took a whiff of all the bullcrap they say . After about an hour it kind of smelled like my head was in someone's ass but it was just 'liberals' burping bullcrap out of their mouths.

Go figure.

You guys always use that argument that Islam is "tolerated" more than Christianity in this country.

You ignore that the 2 religions share mostly the same beliefs, and that Muslims aren't the ones with the power attempting to enforce those beliefs on the rest of us.

Do you think if it were Muslims in this country who were the ones trying to force creationism in schools and discrimination against gay people that the left would be supporting them?
Tough to say. That might finally trigger some intellectual honesty on their part.

The theories about the Regressive Left's behavior in that thread were interesting, though.

It's just the standard PC Police tactic: Accuse you of something, anything, to put you on the defensive and change the subject.

"YOU'RE A XENOPHOBE!!! AUUUGHHHH!!"

Poof. Conversation deflected, subject changed.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back