When do you act?

Parents Want Boy Kicked Out of Middle School for Book He Wrote

I was encouraged in school to write fantasy. Now it is viewed with alarm. As the article states the child in question was seen for two weeks and evaluated by professionals. So when do you act and when do you just accept that it was fantasy?
Youre a fucking idiot. Zero tolerance for the criminally insane. Who thinks up shit like that?
So fantasy is criminally insane now? He was evaluated for 2 weeks and released. Sounds like an imagination to me. While I never wrote about class mates when I was in school I wrote stories about the military and civilians killing one another. According to today's idiots that would get me in hot water.

The school can't really do anything here. The story was not written as part of a school assignment, it was not written on school property or with school materials. If you read the article, the parents of this kid were obviously concerned and got him evaluated and evidently he's fine. It was an 11 part story which is pretty damn impressive for a kid that young. I think it's not out of the question that you have a bored kid who is a talented writer with a big imagination who wanted to stir some trouble up. Does everyone think Stephen King is a killer because of the books he writes?

"The eighth-grade student at the center of the controversy, who has not been named publicly because of his age, is accused of writing an 11-part story that details attacks on specific students, using knives, scissors, sexual assaults, and even a 7-Eleven Slurpee machine, according to parents who spoke with CBS DFW. “It’s very graphic,” Shawnteel Blodgett, the mother of a student killed in the book, told the news station. “I haven’t been able to eat or sleep, nor has my daughter. She’s very upset about that.” The student behind the writing was reportedly removed from school weeks ago by his parents, but he returned after spring break, prompting the protests and excessive absences on Monday."

The school can't really do anything here. The story was not written as part of a school assignment, it was not written on school property or with school materials. If you read the article, the parents of this kid were obviously concerned and got him evaluated and evidently he's fine. It was 11 part story which is pretty damn impressive for a kid that young. I think it's not out of the question that you have a bored kid who is a talented writer with a big imagination who wanted to stir some trouble up. Does everyone think Stephen King is a killer because of the books he writes?
Does SK describe attacks on specific classmates?

The school can't really do anything here. The story was not written as part of a school assignment, it was not written on school property or with school materials. If you read the article, the parents of this kid were obviously concerned and got him evaluated and evidently he's fine. It was 11 part story which is pretty damn impressive for a kid that young. I think it's not out of the question that you have a bored kid who is a talented writer with a big imagination who wanted to stir some trouble up. Does everyone think Stephen King is a killer because of the books he writes?
He describes specific acts. I don't know whether he based any of his characters on real people.

He describes specific acts. I don't know whether he based any of his characters on real people.
I'm pretty sure there are some characters based on real people but what I'm asking is he naming them in his books?

We don't know who he modeled his characters after. Could most likely be people he knew for sure. Again for the slow and pathetically stupid, the kid was evaluated for 2 weeks and released. How much more do you want?

The article also doesn't say whether or not the boy wrote the book as if he were the attacker or if someone else was. It doesn't say whether the book was written in the form of a novel or in the form of a direct threat.

We don't know who he modeled his characters after. Could most likely be people he knew for sure. Again for the slow and pathetically stupid, the kid was evaluated for 2 weeks and released. How much more do you want?
Someone that can read minds or predict the future? There are plenty of killers that have seen doctors prior to killing people.

I wonder what Stephen King wrote as a child and if he was ever evaluated?

Kids have vivid imaginations and it's hard to tell from the article what he wrote

The school can't really do anything here. The story was not written as part of a school assignment, it was not written on school property or with school materials. If you read the article, the parents of this kid were obviously concerned and got him evaluated and evidently he's fine. It was an 11 part story which is pretty damn impressive for a kid that young. I think it's not out of the question that you have a bored kid who is a talented writer with a big imagination who wanted to stir some trouble up. Does everyone think Stephen King is a killer because of the books he writes?

When I look at Stephen King I see a Satanist and as there is plenty of court case files / police records / history to prove Satanists are serial killers - (repeated human sacrifice to Satan) I would not be so quick to dismiss the likelihood. As to what the boy is writing - it is what is in his head and possibly his heart also - so without knowing exactly what he wrote - I'd say if it was violent they have a responsibility to seek help for him.
( immediately)

So according to YOUR logic any writer that writes a murder story should be shunned and locked up, right?

Thats correct. If they are in school and speaking about their classmates they need to be removed.

What about musicians whose songs talk about killing people? Should they be jailed, aka removed, from society?

Do you support large mental institutions to lock away the criminally insane? Because right now...those folks are free...and often attack cops and get shot...and people like you bitch about it.

Lock them away or not?

Biggie and Tupac and other musicians wrote songs about killing each other.

Should they have been locked in a jail for it?

So according to YOUR logic any writer that writes a murder story should be shunned and locked up, right?

Thats correct. If they are in school and speaking about their classmates they need to be removed.

What about musicians whose songs talk about killing people? Should they be jailed, aka removed, from society?

Do you support large mental institutions to lock away the criminally insane? Because right now...those folks are free...and often attack cops and get shot...and people like you bitch about it.

Lock them away or not?
They should if they are talking about their classmates.

Forum List

Back