When do you act?

I see gay people frighten you as well. A real man is secure in being a man. You must battle with homosexual desires alot. No wonder you pretended to be a marine. :laugh:

I see you already got the squirts....go change your diaper butterfly boy. :rolleyes-41:
Why are you looking at my ass again? No you cant get with me cave monkey. Go back to the caves.
laugh.gif

I'm glad I went to school before the media really got into a frenzy with school shootings. I don't know if I ever specified particular people, but when I was in high school I wrote a whole lot of extremely violent poetry and fiction.

If the school wants to keep an eye on the kid, more power to them. There is every possibility this was just a kid with a violent imagination rather than a killer waiting to happen, though.
What you imagine or think about most becomes reality. Thats a basic truth of life.

So if the thing I think about most is alien abductions, I will be abducted? Something like that? :p

I didn't kill anyone in high school or the years following, despite thinking about death more than pretty much anything. Nor did people start dropping like flies around me.

Again, I have no problem with the school keeping watch on the student for safety's sake, but unless there's some other reason for concern, why assume this is more than a fictional creation of a teenager?
No. It just means you create a reality in your mind to support that scenario. Thats how people go crazy. Its reality to them. Look it up.

You must not have been committed enough. Just because you think about death doesnt make people die. You have to put some action behind it. If you think about it so much that you become committed then you kill people or yourself.

Because no one wants to risk their childrens safety in order to wait and see if the kid is a psycho or not.

So when you say "what you think about most becomes reality" you don't actually mean it. Instead, you mean something more like, "If you think about something enough, and act on it, it can become reality.".

Writing a story is not acting on a killer impulse. In fact, it may well be a very healthy way to express those kinds of impulses rather than doing something that might actually harm someone.

Parents are free to remove their children from the school if they are that afraid. However, the kid apparently did nothing more than write a story, and did so outside of the school environment. If the story was specific and realistic enough to warrant investigation, that's fine. The article did not seem to indicate that, though. Do you think that using a Slurpee machine in an assault is a particularly credible threat?

As I said, I'm fine with the school doing some added watching of the child to be safe. If we were to remove every child from school who ever made a threat to another student, on or off school grounds, we'd lose a whole lot of students. Here's a basic truth of life for you : kids, particularly teenagers, tend to act out. That includes threats, writing or drawing images of violence, and other forms of expression which never actually hurt anyone. I don't think there is enough information about this case to make any sort of judgement that the child needs to be removed from the school. Have you read the story? Do you know the child's history? Have you spoken to whoever evaluated him? Or are you, instead, making a knee-jerk response to a story which is lacking in detail?

I'm glad I went to school before the media really got into a frenzy with school shootings. I don't know if I ever specified particular people, but when I was in high school I wrote a whole lot of extremely violent poetry and fiction.

If the school wants to keep an eye on the kid, more power to them. There is every possibility this was just a kid with a violent imagination rather than a killer waiting to happen, though.
What you imagine or think about most becomes reality. Thats a basic truth of life.

So if the thing I think about most is alien abductions, I will be abducted? Something like that? :p

I didn't kill anyone in high school or the years following, despite thinking about death more than pretty much anything. Nor did people start dropping like flies around me.

Again, I have no problem with the school keeping watch on the student for safety's sake, but unless there's some other reason for concern, why assume this is more than a fictional creation of a teenager?
No. It just means you create a reality in your mind to support that scenario. Thats how people go crazy. Its reality to them. Look it up.

You must not have been committed enough. Just because you think about death doesnt make people die. You have to put some action behind it. If you think about it so much that you become committed then you kill people or yourself.

Because no one wants to risk their childrens safety in order to wait and see if the kid is a psycho or not.

So when you say "what you think about most becomes reality" you don't actually mean it. Instead, you mean something more like, "If you think about something enough, and act on it, it can become reality.".

Writing a story is not acting on a killer impulse. In fact, it may well be a very healthy way to express those kinds of impulses rather than doing something that might actually harm someone.

Parents are free to remove their children from the school if they are that afraid. However, the kid apparently did nothing more than write a story, and did so outside of the school environment. If the story was specific and realistic enough to warrant investigation, that's fine. The article did not seem to indicate that, though. Do you think that using a Slurpee machine in an assault is a particularly credible threat?

As I said, I'm fine with the school doing some added watching of the child to be safe. If we were to remove every child from school who ever made a threat to another student, on or off school grounds, we'd lose a whole lot of students. Here's a basic truth of life for you : kids, particularly teenagers, tend to act out. That includes threats, writing or drawing images of violence, and other forms of expression which never actually hurt anyone. I don't think there is enough information about this case to make any sort of judgement that the child needs to be removed from the school. Have you read the story? Do you know the child's history? Have you spoken to whoever evaluated him? Or are you, instead, making a knee-jerk response to a story which is lacking in detail?
No I do actually mean it. Ask any successful person and they will tell you how much of a truism that phrase is. Your thoughts dictate your actions. You dont do anything without thinking of it first. You cant just skip to action before thought. If you dont put your thoughts into action invariably you stop thinking about it the most in order to reduce stress.

I agree writing a story is not acting on a killer impulse. However, writing a story about killing your classmates should set off some alarms. No its not healthy to think about killing your classmates long enough to write a story about it.

Since the child is the problem and the potential source of danger the child should be removed. Your suggestion would be like telling everyone to move out of the neighborhood because one of the people living there is a rapist.

I'm making a opinion based on the information available. If more information is available in the future I could change my opinion.

No I do actually mean it. Ask any successful person and they will tell you how much of a truism that phrase is. Your thoughts dictate your actions. You dont do anything without thinking of it first. You cant just skip to action before thought. If you dont put your thoughts into action invariably you stop thinking about it the most in order to reduce stress.

I agree writing a story is not acting on a killer impulse. However, writing a story about killing your classmates should set off some alarms. No its not healthy to think about killing your classmates long enough to write a story about it.

Since the child is the problem and the potential source of danger the child should be removed. Your suggestion would be like telling everyone to move out of the neighborhood because one of the people living there is a rapist.

I'm making a opinion based on the information available. If more information is available in the future I could change my opinion.

Actually, my suggestion would be more like telling everyone they can move out of a neighborhood if they want to because one of the people living there wrote a story about raping someone. You, on the other hand, seem to be promoting something like having a person evicted because they wrote a story about raping someone.

Investigation is fine. I understand the school is in a somewhat problematic position. However, unless we learn that there is more to this than one story, that the story was more of a credible threat than it sounded from the article, or some other information comes to light, I don't see how removing the child from the school is a reasonable action. It is, in my mind, a knee-jerk reaction brought on, at least in part, by the attention surrounding the various school shootings in recent years. It's not outside the realm of understanding, but I think it is an emotional reaction rather than a rational one.

As far as the 'what you think about most becomes reality' phrase, it's obviously laden with qualifications. Obviously, other than non-voluntary actions, a person must think about something before they do it. That does not, in any way, make anything a person thinks about most reality. Some people think most about impossible things, things which may violate the very laws of the universe. No amount of thinking about those things will make them real. I'm just saying it's a motivational kind of phrase and not even close to a literal one.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
He doesn't need to be locked in a rubber room lol.
You may be right.. but it doesn't hurt to keep an eye on someone who is potentially dangerous.

Parents Want Boy Kicked Out of Middle School for Book He Wrote

I was encouraged in school to write fantasy. Now it is viewed with alarm. As the article states the child in question was seen for two weeks and evaluated by professionals. So when do you act and when do you just accept that it was fantasy?
Youre a fucking idiot. Zero tolerance for the criminally insane. Who thinks up shit like that?
So fantasy is criminally insane now? He was evaluated for 2 weeks and released. Sounds like an imagination to me. While I never wrote about class mates when I was in school I wrote stories about the military and civilians killing one another. According to today's idiots that would get me in hot water.
I didn't like my fellow students in my class stream. Back then I wouldn't have cared if an accident took them out, as I had friends outside my class stream that were generally just better people (even if their grades weren't as good as mine). However, I must admit I didn't ever think of knocking them off.

It is not the role of the state or an institution, to punish people for 'thought crime'. Rather, criminal activities that people have actually put in action or attempted to put in action.

An attempt to dictate what someone can or can't think (or put to paper) would violate human rights and the very constitution this country was founded on - not that it stopped anti-communist hysteria in the 1950s-1960s.

In America, someone can publish and read Mein Kampf, though in the overwhelming majority of cases it would be published for education reasons, and not for Neo Nazi groups.

So if a kid writes an offensive book, even one featuring real people with their names, being wiped out in some killing spree, it is perfectly legal - so long as the person who wrote it doesn't actually plan to carry out said killing spree in real life.

I wouldn't be worried about him writing murder stories, I'd be worried about him writing murder stories on prescription drugs.

Forum List

Back