'When I Was 21, I Terminated A Pregnancy And Was So Grateful'

I am told that a $1500 tax on abortions does not infringe upon your right to same.

Women have a right and need to control their own body.

And you are at peace with such a tidy explanation.

Reminds me of that PP doctor sipping her wine and giggling about how they preserve the brain, etc of later term abortions so they can sell them for greater profits.

Only if God is a myth. Otherwise, demonic measures will surely bear serious consequences.

The choice is the woman's. For some it is right, for others not. It can't be a one size fits all situation. The reason for wanting to carry or not is very personal and deserves thought, but fortunately we have the right to choose.

If the choice involves having a baby you can't afford, do the rest of us get to say no when it comes to our money being taken to do it on their behalf?

Abortions are not paid by the state. Haven't been for decades.
Only rape victims have abortions paid for by the government.

Soon women will be able to have an abortion in the privacy of their home, at least for the first two month. It has been proven in other part of the world. No snoopy outsiders telling women what to do with their body

The choice is the woman's. For some it is right, for others not. It can't be a one size fits all situation. The reason for wanting to carry or not is very personal and deserves thought, but fortunately we have the right to choose.

If the choice involves having a baby you can't afford, do the rest of us get to say no when it comes to our money being taken to do it on their behalf?

Soon women will be able to have an abortion in the privacy of their home, at least for the first two month. It has been proven in other part of the world. No snoopy outsiders telling women what to do with their body

So the $500,000,000 tax dollars given to Planned Parenthood, a firm who doesn't even provide mammograms for women isn't going toward abortions? LOL!!
I will concede tthat a lot of that money is being returned to the Democrat Party, including Ms. Clinton, in the form of campaign contributions.

When she was in her 20s, actress Amy Brenneman decided to terminate a pregnancy. It's been 30 years since, and all these years later she's still woefully dissatisfied with the way abortions are discussed in America.

During a conversation with HuffPost Live on Thursday about her role in HBO's "The Leftovers," Brenneman told host Alyona Minkovski that it's not acceptable for abortion to be continually "demonized" despite being "the law of the land."

The issue is important to Brenneman, who in 2006 signed a Ms. Magazine petition alongside 5,000 women who declared "We Had Abortions." The feature was a reboot of a similar petition that ran in the magazines's 1972 debut issue, and the 2006 update included celebrities like Brenneman, Gloria Steinem and Kathy Najimy alongside thousands of everyday women.

"When I was 21, I terminated a pregnancy and was so grateful, and it was not a bad experience, and I had a sweet boyfriend and a sweet doctor," Brenneman told HuffPost Live.

The shocking lack of progress since then is what prompted her to sign the Ms. petition in 2006. "I thought, 'Oh my god. The fact that 20 years later, it would be worse?'" she said. "Going backwards -- it's insane to me."

It's now been 10 years since she signed the petition, and attacks on Planned Parenthood and women's reproductive rights are still alive and well.

"That kind of gender stuff, it just kills me," Brenneman said, adding that she's among the thousands of people who were moved by a viral Facebook post comparing the difficulty in obtaining an abortion and obtaining a gun.

'The Leftovers' Star Amy Brenneman On Why Abortions Shouldn’t Be 'Demonized'

So much for the right-wing horror stories about abortions.
What kind of parent would sacrifice they children for convenience,let alone anything worse,But as long as people like her,and the OP refuse to admit its a living human boy or girl,you will have this,its so ironic they make it a gender issue,when more baby girls are killed each yer than boys.

It's unnatural for any woman to murder her pre-born baby. ....... :cool:

yet woman have had access to and used birth control and methods of abortion since the dawn of civilization.

Then if they are responsible enough to decide what is right for themselves and their fetus, let them also be responsible enough to not get pregnant to begin with or at least be responsible enough to fund their own abortions.

Reminds me of that PP doctor sipping her wine and giggling about how they preserve the brain, etc of later term abortions so they can sell them for greater profits.

Only if God is a myth. Otherwise, demonic measures will surely bear serious consequences.
Pregnancy and motherhood should be wanted with joy not forced on the woman or a form of enslavement.

Women should always be free to choose. Some will choose to carry and give birth, others won't. To each their own.

Pregnancy and motherhood should be wanted with joy not forced on the woman or a form of enslavement.

Women should always be free to choose. Some will choose to carry and give birth, others won't. To each their own.

Having unprotected sex is a choice too. It is a stupid and juvenile choice.

So the $500,000,000 tax dollars given to Planned Parenthood, a firm who doesn't even provide mammograms for women isn't going toward abortions? LOL!!
I will concede tthat a lot of that money is being returned to the Democrat Party, including Ms. Clinton, in the form of campaign contributions.

That is form the other services the PP provide. Abortions are a fraction of their service and paid out of pocket by the patient.

Hyde Amendment 1976

That is form the other services the PP provide. Abortions are a fraction of their service and paid out of pocket by the patient.

Hyde Amendment 1976

What other services?

You mean men? Men taking responsibility to protect?

Hyde Amendment 1976

You will swallow any B.S. if it makes you feel better.

Of course, if I am not mistaken you do not even believe in God. So then I guess I cannot blame you for your errant social positions.

Plus you said "to each his own." Surely that does not pertain to the aborted live infant being left to die on the gurney. And millions of other pre-borns.

You mean men? Men taking responsibility to protect?

Believe it or not it was the male's responsibility for many many years. I even recall a time when I looked into a young woman's automobile glove compartment and found a whole bunch of condoms. Most of the guys I came up with always carried a condom or two in their wallets. They were only from 25 cents to 50 cents each and were dispensed in nearly every service station or bus station men's restroom.

I support abortion. The parents shouldn't be stuck with something they don't want. Even for the baby, being born when unwanted is not a good thing. Also, better to kill the baby while it's still underdeveloped than when it has a fully functioning brain & body. It just feels less killing that way.

I support abortion. The parents shouldn't be stuck with something they don't want. Even for the baby, being born when unwanted is not a good thing. Also, better to kill the baby while it's still underdeveloped than when it has a fully functioning brain & body. It just feels less killing that way.

Wow.

When she was in her 20s, actress Amy Brenneman decided to terminate a pregnancy. It's been 30 years since, and all these years later she's still woefully dissatisfied with the way abortions are discussed in America.

During a conversation with HuffPost Live on Thursday about her role in HBO's "The Leftovers," Brenneman told host Alyona Minkovski that it's not acceptable for abortion to be continually "demonized" despite being "the law of the land."

The issue is important to Brenneman, who in 2006 signed a Ms. Magazine petition alongside 5,000 women who declared "We Had Abortions." The feature was a reboot of a similar petition that ran in the magazines's 1972 debut issue, and the 2006 update included celebrities like Brenneman, Gloria Steinem and Kathy Najimy alongside thousands of everyday women.

"When I was 21, I terminated a pregnancy and was so grateful, and it was not a bad experience, and I had a sweet boyfriend and a sweet doctor," Brenneman told HuffPost Live.

The shocking lack of progress since then is what prompted her to sign the Ms. petition in 2006. "I thought, 'Oh my god. The fact that 20 years later, it would be worse?'" she said. "Going backwards -- it's insane to me."

It's now been 10 years since she signed the petition, and attacks on Planned Parenthood and women's reproductive rights are still alive and well.

"That kind of gender stuff, it just kills me," Brenneman said, adding that she's among the thousands of people who were moved by a viral Facebook post comparing the difficulty in obtaining an abortion and obtaining a gun.

'The Leftovers' Star Amy Brenneman On Why Abortions Shouldn’t Be 'Demonized'

So much for the right-wing horror stories about abortions.
She's just another sexist bigot just like all of the feminists who believe aborting a man's baby is their choice alone.

yet woman have had access to and used birth control and methods of abortion since the dawn of civilization.
Personally. I have no problem with birth control as long as it doesn't involve abortion.

Abortion was just as wrong in the past as it is today. ........ :cool:

Hyde Amendment 1976

There are exceptions to the Hyde Amendment where taxpayer money can be used to fund abortions.

Forum List

Back