When politicians especially Democrats..specifically Schumer are really DUMB!

healthmyths

Platinum Member
Sep 19, 2011
"While we are troubled by the magnitude of stock buybacks and the consequences for employees and communities, we are even more disturbed by the dramatic increase in stock sales by corporate insiders following the announcement of a buyback. This ... means it is imperative that the SEC revisit the evolution of Rule 10b-18 to ensure that corporate executives are not using the rule inappropriately to enable advantageous sales of their own stock while ignoring the needs of their companies' workers," the senators' letter said.
The impact of share repurchases

So Schumer, et.al... What happens to the money that these evil corporate executives and shareholders receive?

A) TAXES!! Yup they will have to pay capital gains taxes...
How much will their taxes be? 15% capital gains... $200 billion stock buyback... $30 billion additional taxes!
B) What will they do with the money? Hide in the mattress, bury in the back yard? Buy another yacht?
C) Assume they buy a yacht. YEA I use to do computer work for a yacht builder and that meant more jobs!

But these idiot politicians JUST don't understand how money works...obviously with "Pocahontas" wants to raise taxes to 50%!!!

Well, it's not about the number. Here's how I look at budgets and taxes are at the heart of this. A lot of people think they're just numbers; they're not. They are the expression of our values. The values of the Republican Party that passed those tax cuts are to give $1.5 trillion away to the richest Americans and the biggest corporations, and let everybody else pick up the crumbs.
Sen. Elizabeth Warren recalls 'a time in a very prosperous America' when the top tax rate was above 50%

Unbelievable STUPID!

So Schumer, et.al... What happens to the money that these evil corporate executives and shareholders receive?

How much will their taxes be? 15% capital gains... $200 billion stock buyback... $30 billion additional taxes!
B) What will they do with the money? Hide in the mattress, bury in the back yard? Buy another yacht?
C) Assume they buy a yacht. YEA I use to do computer work for a yacht builder and that meant more jobs!

But these idiot politicians JUST don't understand how money works...

Ah. I see.

So Schumer, et al...What happens to the money bank robbers receive?

What will they do with the money?

They will buy stuff!!!

JOBS! WINNING!

Unbelievable STUPID!

Please...you're killing me...

Snake tongued Dem's talk out of both sides of their mouths. Today they are busy passing a law to make it illegal for a company to gift their employees free or discounted lunch in a company cafeteria. Why? Because they claim its unfair to local restaurants and sandwich shops. Corporations foot the bill for lunch and still the Dem's bitch and complain.

"While we are troubled by the magnitude of stock buybacks and the consequences for employees and communities, we are even more disturbed by the dramatic increase in stock sales by corporate insiders following the announcement of a buyback. This ... means it is imperative that the SEC revisit the evolution of Rule 10b-18 to ensure that corporate executives are not using the rule inappropriately to enable advantageous sales of their own stock while ignoring the needs of their companies' workers," the senators' letter said.

But these idiot politicians JUST don't understand how money works...obviously with "Pocahontas" wants to raise taxes to 50%!!!

Well, it's not about the number. Here's how I look at budgets and taxes are at the heart of this. A lot of people think they're just numbers; they're not. They are the expression of our values. The values of the Republican Party that passed those tax cuts are to give $1.5 trillion away to the richest Americans and the biggest corporations, and let everybody else pick up the crumbs.
Sen. Elizabeth Warren recalls 'a time in a very prosperous America' when the top tax rate was above 50%

Unbelievable STUPID!
They will sit on the money, and do nothing with it. Possibly buy back some.of their own company stocks, that kinda stuff. These people already have yachts and such.

Also, before accusing other people of stupidity you should re-write your thread title so it makes sense.

Sen. Elizabeth Warren recalls 'a time in a very prosperous America' when the top tax rate was above 50%

Unbelievable STUPID!
They will sit on the money, and do nothing with it. Possibly buy back some.of their own company stocks, that kinda stuff. These people already have yachts and such.

Also, before accusing other people of stupidity you should re-write your thread title so it makes sense.

I am really embarrassed! I made a really BIG mistake and I apologize and thank you for catching it.

Thank you for catching that and if I could correct it to "WHEN" I would but they won't let me correct it!

But regarding your DUMB comment on "sit on the money"... IDIOT!

Do you really think they bury it in the backyard or hide it under their mattresses?

GEEZ that's stupidity of people like you and your grossly uninformed knowledge of how MONEY works!

Yea they "sit" on it. And why would they be so stupid to "buy" back the stock at a HIGHER price?
Do you comprehend what happens to the value of a share when shares are re-purchased by a company?
That means there are fewer shares available meaning the price of the share GOES UP! GEEZ.
And yes THEY do have yachts and such.
So again I'll ask you your really informed opinion:
A) Do they SIT on their money stashed under their mattresses?
B) Do they bury it in the back yard?
C) Do these really smart people do as you not being so smart would do BUY back at a more expensive price their own company stocks? GEEZ.
D) Or do they....now here is a catchy phrase so pay attention..."INVEST" their ill-gained according dummies like you WEALTH?

In addition these dummies like you and Schumer and most Democrats NEVER ever mention the STATE/FEDERAL income taxes that are generated by the people that
had their stock re-purchased! You do know they have to pay taxes on it...which evidently dummy Schumer et.al. don't seem to comprehend!

Snake tongued Dem's talk out of both sides of their mouths. Today they are busy passing a law to make it illegal for a company to gift their employees free or discounted lunch in a company cafeteria. Why? Because they claim its unfair to local restaurants and sandwich shops. Corporations foot the bill for lunch and still the Dem's bitch and complain.

That ain't their mouth they're talking out of.

Unbelievable STUPID!

I am really embarrassed! I made a really BIG mistake and I apologize and thank you for catching it.

Thank you for catching that and if I could correct it to "WHEN" I would but they won't let me correct it!

Do you really think they bury it in the backyard or hide it under their mattresses?

GEEZ that's stupidity of people like you and your grossly uninformed knowledge of how MONEY works!

Yea they "sit" on it. And why would they be so stupid to "buy" back the stock at a HIGHER price?
Do you comprehend what happens to the value of a share when shares are re-purchased by a company?
That means there are fewer shares available meaning the price of the share GOES UP! GEEZ.
C) Do these really smart people do as you not being so smart would do BUY back at a more expensive price their own company stocks? GEEZ.
D) Or do they....now here is a catchy phrase so pay attention..."INVEST" their ill-gained according dummies like you WEALTH?

In addition these dummies like you and Schumer and most Democrats NEVER ever mention the STATE/FEDERAL income taxes that are generated by the people that
had their stock re-purchased! You do know they have to pay taxes on it...which evidently dummy Schumer et.al. don't seem to comprehend!
You're the one who suggested they bury in their back yard or stuff it in the mattress, so that is a straw man you can knock down on your on time.

Buying back their own stock is almost always a wise investment as it raises the price as availability goes down. It is also an investment with no net gain for the economy, only their own pocketbook.

The taxes are at an extremely low capital gains rate.

You need so education on how this works.

Unbelievable STUPID!

You're the one who suggested they bury in their back yard or stuff it in the mattress, so that is a straw man you can knock down on your on time.

Buying back their own stock is almost always a wise investment as it raises the price as availability goes down. It is also an investment with no net gain for the economy, only their own pocketbook.

YOU have got to be kidding!
So these evil stockholders who bought the stock at for example $10.00 a share see it increase to $50.00 a share.
The company decides to buy back the stock at $50.00 a share and the evil stockholder gets a $40 profit per share.
Then after paying a 15% capital gains tax the evil stockholder decides to buy shares in the same company?
So with the $34.00 after taxes the evil stockholder buys stock which is NOW worth $60.00 per share because there are fewer shares now that the company has bought back shares.
Right that makes a lot of sense.

Unbelievable STUPID!

Creep... you attacked me for the title... well TIT for TAT..."you need so education on how this works"???? Really???

Forum List

Back