When republicans say "government needs to get out of the way" of job creation, what do they mean?

Federal corporate income tax should be abolished. Double-taxation is counterproductive and it puts too much business focus on avoiding taxes instead of promoting commerce. If income is to be taxed, it should be taxed at the individual level.

Sarbanes-Oxley and Dodd-Frank should be repealed. Neither of those laws provide any additional safety or protection because they are too easy to manipulate and they increase costs and overhead for businesses not doing anything wrong in the first place.

FDIC stress tests (from Dodd-Frank) are stifling small business lending. Small banks are micromanaged to the extent that they cannot properly service demand in their own markets due to the FDIC putting unreasonable constraints on risk. While a small business is more likely to default on a loan due to pure statistics, the actual collection of payment on a bad loan is much lower from a subsidiary of a large conglomerate. Small business loans almost always have a personal guarantee clause in the loan which transfers the obligation to the owners who then usually pay the loan. Subsidiaries of large businesses have the resources to fight payment of the loan and do not have personal guarantees in their contracts. The FDIC treats loans to subsidiaries are large enterprises as less risky than small business loans.
Why should corporations be exempt from income taxes? Aren't they people too? If you and I have to pay, shouldn't GE?

Corporations are owned by people. Taxing corporations provides a means to manipulate the tax code even further. Removing corporate taxes and taxing the owners of the corporations for earnings is more fair, provides less opportunity for manipulation, and does what the income tax is supposed to do.

And GE doesn't pay federal income tax, thanks to the sweetheart deal they struck with the Obama Administration.

Regulations? Well we need those. Which regulations are unnecessary? Be specific.

Taxes? Yeah we need those too. Revenue is what pays the government's expenses. Are republicans aware that the debt under Obama is primarily because of defense spending and extending Bush's tax cuts? What further tax cuts are needed and why?

Anything else? What are some specific policies that are inhibiting job growth?

I feel like repubs are always short on giving specifics on these sort of issues.

Really? Why? Because Billy000 says so? :eusa_doh:

Furthermore, just because a regulation is needed doesn't mean 92,000 regulations are needed. I can literally crash this site with the list of unnecessary and absurd regulations.

Further still, the federal government is legally restricted to 18 enumerated powers and "regulating" the free market is not one of them. So even if we did "need them", they should be created at the state level and enforced by the state.

Finally, everything you just said about taxes, defense, Obama spending, and Bush's policies were an egregious lie. The entire premise of your OP was false. Shameful.

Regulations? Well we need those. Which regulations are unnecessary? Be specific.

Taxes? Yeah we need those too. Revenue is what pays the government's expenses. Are republicans aware that the debt under Obama is primarily because of defense spending and extending Bush's tax cuts? What further tax cuts are needed and why?

I feel like repubs are always short on giving specifics on these sort of issues.

Furthermore, just because a regulation is needed doesn't mean 92,000 regulations are needed. I can literally crash this site with the list of unnecessary and absurd regulations.

Further still, the federal government is legally restricted to 18 enumerated powers and "regulating" the free market is not one of them. So even if we did "need them", they should be created at the state level and enforced by the state.

Finally, everything you just said about taxes, defense, Obama spending, and Bush's policies were an egregious lie. The entire premise of your OP was false. Shameful.
I won't defend every regulation. Some are unnecessary. Most of them? We need.

Oh and all of it is true. Go ahead. Research exactly what the debt under Obama is. It's defense spending and tax cuts.

Last edited:

I won't defend every regulation. Some are unnecessary. Most of them? Hell yeah.

Oh and all of it is true. Go ahead. Research exactly what the debt under Obama is. It's defense spending and tax cuts.

Tell us which regulations you think should be removed then. It's always good to find common ground.

Tell us which regulations you think should be removed then. It's always good to find common ground.
I don't have specific ones in mind. I'm sure many of them had good intentions but caused more harm than good. Some are no longer relevant. It really just depends. Nothing is perfect.

The idea of regulations is completely necessary. The free market needs rules like any institution.

Last edited:

I won't defend every regulation. Some are unnecessary. Most of them? We need.

I have researched it Billy. It took the U.S. about 230 years to accumulate $10 trillion in debt. It took Barack Obama and a Congress controlled by the Democrats less than 5 years to add $7 trillion more. That's mind-boggling.

As far as what that $7 trillion was spent on, it wasn't defense. He spent almost $1 trillion just on his reckless (not to mention illegal) "stimulus package". He spent $500 million (again, illegally) just on Solyndra when he knew it would still go bankrupt (and the emails prove up he knew this). He spent ungodly amounts more (again, all illegally) on "cash for clunkers", "Obamaphones", the auto bailouts, the Wall Street bailout, and a host of waste and fraud too numerous to post here (but you can read each of Senator Tom Coburn's annual Wastebook reports since Obama has been in office to see them for yourself).

Finally, as far as taxes, you again created a completely false narrative. Yes, we need them to "pay the government's expenses". But guess what? The federal government is legally restricted to 18 enumerated powers. Why would it take $2 trillion a year to run 18 responsibilities? Answer: it doesn't. Solyndra isn't government - so how did they end up with $500 million of your money and my money? The people on welfare are not government employees and perform no services for the American people - so how did they end up with over $500 million of your money and my money every year? Education is not a responsibility of the federal government - so why in the hell is there a department of education receiving hundreds of millions of dollars every year?

The fact is, if the federal government were run legally and Constitutionally, our personal taxes would be about 1/3 of what they are now and our corporate taxes - the highest in the world - would be about 1/5 of what they are now (and we would have zero debt). Every dollar stolen from a business by government is a dollar that the business does not have to hire people and expand. That's a simple reality.

I don't have specific ones in mind. I'm sure many of them had good intentions but caused more harm than good. Some are no longer relevant. It really just depends. Nothing is perfect.

The idea of regulations is completely necessary. The free market needs rules like any institution.
Would you agree with any of these Billy?

The 10 worst regulations of 2013

What about this Billy? Would you agree this is absolutely absurd - especially in light of the fact that Obama vehemently opposes identifying voters?

The Obama Administration fervently opposes state laws requiring voter identification to cast a ballot. But it is insisting that the nation’s farmers prove the identity of every chicken transported across state lines.

Tales of the Red Tape 36 USDA Lays a Regulatory Egg

They mean that if we could get the minimum wage down to 3 bucks an hour, the jobs would come back from China. lol

[
I have researched it Billy. It took the U.S. about 230 years to accumulate $10 trillion in debt. It took Barack Obama and a Congress controlled by the Democrats less than 5 years to add $7 trillion more. That's mind-boggling.

That's a grossly misleading statement.

DebtCurrentRealFull.png

Your spin tries to imply that 10 trillion of the debt was accumulated steadily over a 230 year span, then suddenly spiked when Obama became president.

The truth is, the spike began when Reagan became president, and only paused while Clinton was president.

They mean that if we could get the minimum wage down to 3 bucks an hour, the jobs would come back from China. lol

We should raise it to $30 an hour, that'll make the jobs come back. LOL!

[

That's a grossly misleading statement.

DebtCurrentRealFull.png

Your spin tries to imply that 10 trillion of the debt was accumulated steadily over a 230 year span, then suddenly spiked when Obama became president.

The truth is, the spike began when Reagan became president, and only paused while Clinton was president.
There was no spin nor did I "imply" anything. I simply stated the undeniable facts. At no time did I even attempt to make any claim regarding a "steady incline".

The fact is, Obama added almost as much in 5 years as it took the U.S. to accumulate in about 230 years. There is no excuse for $7 trillion dollars in deficit spending. He spent more in his first term than all presidents in U.S. history combined spent in their first term.

Forum List

Back