Where are the lib hypocrites who criticized Mitch's "make him a one term President?"

Ray From Cleveland

Diamond Member
Aug 16, 2015
That's right, I called you hypocrites.

Just over two weeks into the Trump presidency, Maxine Waters said this " Well, I hope he’s not there for four years. I hope that this man and who he is, what he’s done and the way he’s defined himself and the way he’s acting, I am hoping that we’re able to reveal all of this and my greatest desire is to lead him right into impeachment.”

And from the left.......crickets......nothing.......no outrage. Yet When McConnell made his statement in 2010, we had to hear of the comment for the following six years of Obama's presidency.

http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2017...sire-is-to-lead-trump-right-into-impeachment/

Just over two weeks into the Trump presidency, Maxine Waters said this " Well, I hope he’s not there for four years. I hope that this man and who he is, what he’s done and the way he’s defined himself and the way he’s acting, I am hoping that we’re able to reveal all of this and my greatest desire is to lead him right into impeachment.”

And from the left.......crickets......nothing.......no outrage. Yet When McConnell made his statement in 2010, we had to hear of the comment for the following six years of Obama's presidency.

Maxine Waters Says Her Greatest Desire Is To Lead Trump 'Right Into Impeachment'
Well, the argument is "but THEY did it FIRST".

Which is true, of course, but it would be nice to see someone rise above the shit for a change.

Our "leaders" behave like children when challenged.

Maxine Waters Says Her Greatest Desire Is To Lead Trump 'Right Into Impeachment'

Which is true, of course, but it would be nice to see someone rise above the shit for a change.

Their objection was that McConnell was going to do everything in his power to try and make DumBama a failure, and that was just pure un-American. Give him a chance they told us.

Afterwards, they brought up Mitch's statement when DumBama failed at multiple things. They used his comment to prove that Republicans were the obstructors.

Their objection was that McConnell was going to do everything in his power to try and make DumBama a failure, and that was just pure un-American. Give him a chance they told us.

Afterwards, they brought up Mitch's statement when DumBama failed at multiple things. They used his comment to prove that Republicans were the obstructors.
So you weren't? Lets look at some graphs.
BZHrDPnCIAA53B-.png

filibuster_nominees.png

These are significant differences for Obama to previous presidents. That is not obstructing? Is it your contention that Obama nominated bad enough people to warrant a tenfold increase in filibustering? So no, it wasn't Mcconnell's statements that made him being called an obstructionist it was him and his fellow Republicans actually obstructing up to and including a spot on the supreme court that did it. So forgive me when I find it laughable to call the left hypocrites.

Yep, and after 8 years, the precedent is set. You thought it would be a good idea, so now see how you like it from the other side. Quit whining. This is all on you.

You might want to mention that to the cheeto in chief.

And they were for 8 years. Too late for you to say never mind.

Yep, and after 8 years, the precedent is set. You thought it would be a good idea, so now see how you like it from the other side. Quit whining. This is all on you.
Yup, and now we will see (and have seen) the democrats obstructing just like the republicans did.

Still trying to see why this is not blatant hypocrisy though - it was the worst thing ever according to the dems last cycle.

Yup, and now we will see (and have seen) the democrats obstructing just like the republicans did.

Still trying to see why this is not blatant hypocrisy though - it was the worst thing ever according to the dems last cycle.

After obstructing everything for 8 years, and then whining because the left won't just cave on the stupidest crap any president ever tried to pull, You are the hypocrite.

After obstructing everything for 8 years, and then whining because the left won't just cave on the stupidest crap any president ever tried to pull, You are the hypocrite.
I am the hypocrite because....

What have I supported then that I do not support now?

Its okay if you are a liberal, totally different set of rules.

Nope. same rules different turn at bat.

Oh, so now it's not a major offense. It's okay when one of yours not only says the same thing, but worse.

At least Mitch gave DumBama two years before he made that statement. Trump barely knows his way around the White House yet.

And they were for 8 years. Too late for you to say never mind.

Right, and when Harry Weed finally had to step down, he did so with over 300 congressional bills on his desk that never made it to the Senate floor. He even stopped Kate's Law from progress; you know, the law written to prevent illegal felons from returning to the US after being deported?

http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2017...sire-is-to-lead-trump-right-into-impeachment/

Actually McConnell's statement about BO being one term was in context of pursing far left wing policies. Left wingers forget that part, as usual.

Actually McConnell's statement about BO being one term was in context of pursing far left wing policies. Left wingers forget that part, as usual.

They do have a short memory such as "what a President does in his personal life is non of our business as long as he's doing his job." Remember that one?

If you're going to accuse them of being hypocrites, please show me where she vowed to make him a one term president. Far as I can see, she is hoping he won't be...and that is it. I see the right overreaching in an attempt to create a false equivalency.

Let me refresh your memory:

McConnel: “When I first came into office, the head of the Senate Republicans said, ‘my number one priority is making sure president Obama’s a one-term president.’ Now, after the election, either he will have succeeded in that goal or he will have failed at that goal.”

The Left really has no shame. It's hard to believe they were bitching and moaning about Trump possibly not "accepting the outcome" of the election when they thought Hillary was going to win. They have complained every day since November. These are the same idiots who blamed Sarah Palin for Rep. Giffords being shot because she put crosshairs on a political map, and now they're in perpetual panic mode. If it seems like Trump gets a pass from the Right, it's not because we're drinking the Kool-Aid, it's because liberals can kiss our asses.

your orange sociopath didn't win 52% of the vote now, did he?

and the rightwingnuts don't represent the majority of the country, do they?

and i still didn't hear anyone SAY they'd make the orange sociopath a one-term president. they're just hoping he does something....anything that's sane.

quiet, toon

your orange sociopath didn't win 52% of the vote now, did he?

and the rightwingnuts don't represent the majority of the country, do they?

and i still didn't hear anyone SAY they'd make the orange sociopath a one-term president. they're just hoping he does something....anything that's sane.

quiet, toon

Obviously you didn't read the article now did you? I didn't expect any liberal would, so I highlighted exactly what she said.

Now, you can go back and read what I highlighted, or I can make a fool of you and paste what she said once again.

Public school victim.......

Forum List

Back