🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Where is the justice ?

ZooGardens

Jan 10, 2016
Here's why I should have had that job 15 years ago

1. 15 years ago, the Americans with Disabilities Act had been the law for 11 years and Affirmative Action was the law for 40 years... 15 years ago.

2. Special Education is not an unaccredited nor an invalid source of an Education.
In fact, I was further ahead of regular education classes in English and in certain disciplines of science
In the 8th grade I could read, spell and comprehend what I read at a college level.
Special Education is run by the same Government that runs the public school system period.
And most Americans regardless of their learning style and needs and abilities are educated by Public Schools.

3. Compared to other special education students that I have seen, my behavior, while it was part of why I was there, was in fact at the upper end compared to what they normally deal with everyday, that I had seen in special education.

And my academic performance was also ahead of other special education students that I have seen, considering the facts that they were teaching me nothing and that I had to educate myself after I dropped out and sued them.

4. The people that run the businesses and the agencies and the establishments 15 years ago, just like today, knew full well that what they do, is illegal, and doesn't provide equal opportunity, and is discriminatory, and just like today, they also knew 15 years ago, that America is the land of opportunity, and that they were robbing it from people.

That's why I should have had that $15 an hour job at the Children's hospital food service department 15 years ago.

So what justice is offering it now, now that $15 an hour is LESS valuable and the damage is done ?

1. 15 years ago, the Americans with Disabilities Act had been the law for 11 years

2. Special Education is not an unaccredited nor an invalid source of an Education.
In fact, I was further ahead of regular education classes in English and in certain disciplines of science
In the 8th grade I could read, spell and comprehend what I read at a college level.
Special Education is run by the same Government that runs the public school system period.
And most Americans regardless of their learning style and needs and abilities are educated by Public Schools.

3. Compared to other special education students that I have seen, my behavior, while it was part of why I was there, was in fact at the upper end compared to what they normally deal with everyday, that I had seen in special education.

And my academic performance was also ahead of other special education students that I have seen, considering the facts that they were teaching me nothing and that I had to educate myself after I dropped out and sued them.

4. The people that run the businesses and the agencies and the establishments 15 years ago, just like today, knew full well that what they do, is illegal, and doesn't provide equal opportunity, and is discriminatory, and just like today, they also knew 15 years ago, that America is the land of opportunity, and that they were robbing it from people.

That's why I should have had that $15 an hour job at the Children's hospital food service department 15 years ago.

So what justice is offering it now, now that $15 an hour is LESS valuable and the damage is done ?
Tissue?

• Banned

1. 15 years ago, the Americans with Disabilities Act had been the law for 11 years

Tissue?

How about dentures for you ?
:)

Without first-hand knowledge of the system and facts related to the hiring it is difficult to make any judgment. Your willingness to better your education and take on a job are to be commended. You have unique chance to inform the public of the situation that vast majority of us don't see and perhaps sharing your personal story on a social media website such as Facebook might lead to something better than $15/hour as an advocate for you and others in your position.

1. 15 years ago, the Americans with Disabilities Act had been the law for 11 years and Affirmative Action was the law for 40 years... 15 years ago.

I'm sorry, but...WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT?!

Forum List

Back