Where'd They Go?

Canon Shooter

Diamond Member
Jan 7, 2020
Lately, it seems as though there are no straight, white couples in advertising anymore.

I have no problem at all with gays being married, nor do I have a single issue with interracial couples. But lately it seems as though every time you turn around there's a new ad on television or online or in a magazine that shows anything but a straight, white couple. It's as if a concerted effort is being made to exclude what is, let's face facts, the largest customer base in the country: straight white people.

Instead, we're inundated with ads like these:

target-wedding-gayxlrg.jpg
hilton_ad.jpg
8e9122b6cd05c11f1b6b6ff22c465bcb.gif
D6fXIdOW0AIZMdG.jpg

While these ads may well represent a particular segment of society, the overwhelming number of them would have you believe that homosexuality is normal. Well, it isn't. It's not normal. I happen to believe it's natural, in that I don't think a person actually decides to be gay, but it's anything but normal.

So, where'd all the straight, white people go? I know they ain't goin' to Disney World!

I saw a commercial yesterday about a family and their daughter and son, and the daughter had Downs Syndrome. I only bring it up as it shows the changing landscape of advertising, and everyones nature is to push inclusion. Unfortunately, all of these advertisers have the same idea, so the advertising all includes virtue signaling examples of those largely excluded in the past, and these are not the majority of Americans.

It is what it is, advertising has been intolerable for decades, now it is shifting towards overrepresenting the minority segments of society.

Lately, it seems as though there are no straight, white couples in advertising anymore.

I have no problem at all with gays being married, nor do I have a single issue with interracial couples. But lately it seems as though every time you turn around there's a new ad on television or online or in a magazine that shows anything but a straight, white couple. It's as if a concerted effort is being made to exclude what is, let's face facts, the largest customer base in the country: straight white people.

Instead, we're inundated with ads like these:

target-wedding-gayxlrg.jpg
hilton_ad.jpg
8e9122b6cd05c11f1b6b6ff22c465bcb.gif
D6fXIdOW0AIZMdG.jpg

While these ads may well represent a particular segment of society, the overwhelming number of them would have you believe that homosexuality is normal. Well, it isn't. It's not normal. I happen to believe it's natural, in that I don't think a person actually decides to be gay, but it's anything but normal.

So, where'd all the straight, white people go? I know they ain't goin' to Disney World!
You feel attacked, snowflake?

I think the dumbest, most ignorant thing I could ever do would be to find a thread with a subject I couldn't give a shit about, and post something like "Who gives a shit?"

Yeah well I think the dumbest, most ignorant thing I could ever do is turn my TV on and watch only commercials to see who the actors are - then go bitch about it to people.

Yeah well I think the dumbest, most ignorant thing I could ever do is turn my TV on and watch only commercials to see who the actors are - then go bitch about it to people.

Well, I don't have television at home, but friends have television.

And I'm also not "bitching". I'm simply asking a question based on my observations. You obviously lack the intellectual facility to answer it, although you do seem more than a bit offended that someone would have the audacity to ask such a question.

So fuck off...

You're on here complaining about gays you imagine seeing everywhere because you're a fucking clown. Seek help.

You're awfully defensive here. Is there something you've been hiding from your family and loved ones?

It's okay to come out, you know. We'll accept you...

Why should I care how a company spends their advertising dollars, I do not contribute to their products.

Why should I care how a company spends their advertising dollars, I do not contribute to their products.

I don't care, necessarily, but I do find it interesting that they've decided to seemingly ignore the largest block of potential customers they have...

I don't care, necessarily, but I do find it interesting that they've decided to seemingly ignore the largest block of potential customers they have...
Seniors, who have the largest amount of disposable income? No, they don't spotlight ads for them. lol

Seniors, who have the largest amount of disposable income? No, they don't spotlight ads for them. lol

No, not seniors. I'd be willing to bet that there are more straight white men and women in this country than any other potential customer demographic...

No, not seniors. I'd be willing to bet that there are more straight white men and women in this country than any other potential customer demographic...
And they have advertisements for those people also. Why does it bother you what a company does that is not hurting you in any way?

Forum List

Back