Which Constitutional Amendment are our friends on the left most anxious to diminish???

dcbl

Good guys wear white hats
Aug 23, 2011
Bham, AL
I mean, we all know that mainstream leftists are afraid of the 2nd Amendment; seems they used to be content with chipping away at citizens rights to bear arms with restrictions on what type of firearms people can buy and own

But now, many of them have come out of the proverbial closet and are outright calling for a repeal

But despite their longstanding attacks on gun rights, I have to say that they are even more anxious to destroy the 1st Amendment

we all see it; they shout down and attempt to shame anyone that they disagree with or that offends their little fee fees...

They are also consistently push for laws that would silence voices on the right; especially talk radio. The attacks on freedom of speech and press go far beyond strong arm tactics to prevent opposing voices to be heard on college campuses

sure, there are a few on the left that still champion those rights (Maher, Dershowitz); but those voices are few and far between, and they get ostracized frequently

so, as much as they hate the 2nd; their attacks on the 1st are even more dangerous and important to them

2nd, without a doubt. Take a population's means to defend themselves and the rest of the constitution is a house of cards for a government eager to topple it.

Freedom of speech because if they can shame or goad people who will stand up against them into silence or steer the conversations to fit their agendas they can ultimately get control over guns and take away personal liberties.

Freedom of speech because if they can shame or goad people who will stand up against them into silence or steer the conversations to fit their agendas they can ultimately get control over guns and take away personal liberties.

Actually I have to agree. The Second is just a prelude. Without the Second, to protect the First, The First is a sitting duck IMHO

I feel like statists want the 1st gone first.
But i feel like they know they must get rid of the second for that to happen.

You're right. Take down the second in service of eliminating the first. Those on the far left are definitely most interested in policing thought, and you can't police thought unless you can control acceptable language.

So i guess we're both right.

I mean, we all know that mainstream leftists are afraid of the 2nd Amendment; seems they used to be content with chipping away at citizens rights to bear arms with restrictions on what type of firearms people can buy and own

But now, many of them have come out of the proverbial closet and are outright calling for a repeal

But despite their longstanding attacks on gun rights, I have to say that they are even more anxious to destroy the 1st Amendment

we all see it; they shout down and attempt to shame anyone that they disagree with or that offends their little fee fees...

They are also consistently push for laws that would silence voices on the right; especially talk radio. The attacks on freedom of speech and press go far beyond strong arm tactics to prevent opposing voices to be heard on college campuses

sure, there are a few on the left that still champion those rights (Maher, Dershowitz); but those voices are few and far between, and they get ostracized frequently

so, as much as they hate the 2nd; their attacks on the 1st are even more dangerous and important to them

I'll go with the Eighteenth. Even though I'm not an imbiber myself. :eusa_snooty:

They are also consistently push [sic] for laws that would silence voices on the right; especially talk radio.

Really. Link?

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiight, because there's no free speech without shooting things.

See, this is why we kicked your state out of Carolina.

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiight, because there's no free speech without shooting things.

See, this is why we kicked your state out of Carolina.
To be so "smart" you sure are short sighted... When its convenient.

It's not just the first two, it's ALL of them but the second is the one that guarantees all the others so it has to come first.

The 2nd gets in the way of attacking the 1st and all others, but the real attack is not on the bill of rights or the constitution in general. The real attack is on a right not specifically reserved or defined by the constitution.

They are attacking the right to vote, and generally, to participate in self governance. To them, you are not capable of doing so. You need elite people over you, telling you how to live.

They are attacking your ability to self govern, which is accomplished by diminishing your voting power, removing your ability to bitch about the government they install, and removing your ability to replace said government.

This effort is not confined to the Democrat party.

Doesn't seem to work then. I've never shot a damn thing and yet here I be, freely expressing.

Boggles the mind, donut?
Nope. Your right to own a gun and your peers actually owning guns in the millions is why you're able to freely express.

Doesn't seem to work then. I've never shot a damn thing and yet here I be, freely expressing.

Boggles the mind, donut?
Nope. Your right to own a gun and your peers actually owning guns in the millions is why you're able to freely express.

Complete bullshit. I express because I feel like expressing, full stop. None of that in any way depends on me or anybody else shooting people.

Complete bullshit. I express because I feel like expressing, full stop. None of that in any way depends on me or anybody else shooting people.
It's entirely based on the threat of people shooting government officials if they overstep.

You don't know much history do you? Pop quiz: why were the Nazis able to quickly round up Jews into concentration camps and subsequently exterminate them?

It's entirely based on the threat of people shooting government officials if they overstep.

You don't know much history do you?

:rofl: You must be new here.

Again --- wrong. Again, (a) I've always freely expressed, and (b) I've never had to shoot anybody to do it. Amazingly, I can also drive without eating artichokes. Same thing. What I can't do though is buy bullshit.

Forum List

Back