Which major party is Dumber, Repubs or Dems

Who is dumber?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Problem was the GOP had zero control of Congress during Reagan and HW Bush's tenure.

Yeah that sucked for Reagan. I always thought it was crazy to have a GOP president and then elect a democrat house.

That is until the big spending RINO's became the norm in DC. Especially with W. Bush.

A democrat president with a GOP majority used to be a pretty good combination. It worked really well under Clinton.

But now days, it doesn't seem like it makes any difference which one is where, as long as 1 party isn't in full control.

That is very true, can’t argue with that. The nastiness goes both ways though. Reagan was a coalition builder and a master politician however. He understood he had to give some to get some. Trump is more like a tactless wrecking ball. He doesn’t even pretend to try and get along. He’s a divider. I think there is a better than average chance that he will get re-elected, and the Dems won’t even try to work with him, because he won’t reach across the aisle to find common ground. My guess is he will spend his term fighting off attacks with attacks. At any time during his term that the Dems have the majority in the house, he will be subject to impeachment, and it will be his own fault.
First, bravo on your thoughtful responses that's refreshing.

Yes Trump is a wrecking ball, a bull in a China shop. But with Washington politicians so corrupt, with so much of it rigged, bought and paid for. With power consolidated into the hands of a few it's a wrecking ball that is needed. Certainly we needed a wrecking ball to crush the so called news media. Someone willing to call them a liar to their face on national tv. Ditto for Democrats who for decades got away with telling whopper lies while Republicans cowered in fear of retribution from the Dem controlled news media if they dared push back.

This Trump wrecking ball demolished DECADES of carefully crafted Dem propaganda and PC forced silence. Demolished the Dem news media's choke hold on the narrative. When Trump dared to even speak on the illegals issue they declared his candidacy dead. Oh shit, Trump's toast now. Immediately the Dem news media launched their 'Trump's a racist' attack but Trump didn't apologize, didn't back down. Today it's 'the' key issue of the upcoming election.

So maybe one more Trump term and then we can elect someone a bit less rough around the edges. But do not underestimate how nasty the Dem party has become. There's no lie they won't tell. No weaponization of government and the courts dirty trick they won't pull.

If you want your vote to count you gotta throw in with one or the other.
I agree with you in principle. There really are only 2 presumptive choices, and I generally identify as conservative, so Trump should be the easy choice, even as distasteful as I find him.

My realty however is different. I live in a very blue state, Colorado. I know realistically that no matter how I vote, Colorado delegates will go to the democratic nominee.

First, bravo on your thoughtful responses that's refreshing.

Yes Trump is a wrecking ball, a bull in a China shop. But with Washington politicians so corrupt, with so much of it rigged, bought and paid for. With power consolidated into the hands of a few it's a wrecking ball that is needed. Certainly we needed a wrecking ball to crush the so called news media. Someone willing to call them a liar to their face on national tv. Ditto for Democrats who for decades got away with telling whopper lies while Republicans cowered in fear of retribution from the Dem controlled news media if they dared push back.

This Trump wrecking ball demolished DECADES of carefully crafted Dem propaganda and PC forced silence. Demolished the Dem news media's choke hold on the narrative. When Trump dared to even speak on the illegals issue they declared his candidacy dead. Oh shit, Trump's toast now. Immediately the Dem news media launched their 'Trump's a racist' attack but Trump didn't apologize, didn't back down. Today it's 'the' key issue of the upcoming election.

So maybe one more Trump term and then we can elect someone a bit less rough around the edges. But do not underestimate how nasty the Dem party has become. There's no lie they won't tell. No weaponization of government and the courts dirty trick they won't pull.
We will see. Trump is definitely a disruptor to the status quo in politics. The ultimate outcome of his approach is still to be determined.

The question itself is dumb. Organizations and things cannot be "dumb" so by default, the person who asks such a question is "dumb". Some people are dumb and some people are not dumb but they are not affiliated with "major parties" ........ they can be (and are) everywhere.
Can there be a dumb law?
So there can be a dumb question and dumb people, but an organization can not be dumb, even if it comprised of dumb people. Is that what you’re saying. You seem to know a lot about the subject.

The question itself is dumb. Organizations and things cannot be "dumb" so by default, the person who asks such a question is "dumb". Some people are dumb and some people are not dumb but they are not affiliated with "major parties" ........ they can be (and are) everywhere.
Can there be a dumb law?
No. Didn't I make that clear already?
So there can be a dumb question

Still no. It's the person asking the question who can be dumb ..... or not.
... dumb people,
Most certainly, yes. 👍
.. but an organization can not be dumb ...
Correct. 👍👍
... even if it comprised of dumb people.
That's right. 👍👍👍
Is that what you’re saying.
Very good. You are learning! 👍👍👍👍
You seem to know a lot about the subject.
It's a matter of using logic. Unfortunately, you are off the subject. :(

The duopoly is coherent; it is constantly and perniciously self-perpetuating. That isn't "dumb", just insidious.

It is said that there are no stupid questions, but it is apparent that is not the case.

I don’t disagree with a lot of what you’re saying, and I too voted for Trump, both times. But he has become to unstable and decisive for my taste. I think the country would be better served with a more tempered president now. Nikki Haley. And if you want to make moral deprivation the case against the democrats….well it’s not a strong position when you’re standing behind Trump. Trump and morality are oxymoronic.
Thank you for your establishment goober opinion.

opinion.gif

The arrogant so-called independents are the dumbest of all. While lacking conviction to have any type of reasonable standards, their wishy washy and greedy ways continue to infect the nation. They're as greedy as Democrats when they want free stuff, but suddenly wary when expected to pay for it. Worse, they whine constantly of the problems they cause.
Well said

Tweeners pretend to be non partisan and vote 3rd party with the expectation that their personal choice is a loser

that free’s Indies such as Golfing Gator to say “I told you so” between elections without ever having to defend either candidate

But the dean of the fence sitters here - Mac1958 - revealed himself as a fraud by voting for joe biden in 2020

I’m guessing he wont make that mistake in 2024

Tweeners pretend to be non partisan and vote 3rd party with the expectation that their personal choice is a loser
"winning" or "losing" is a concept that has meaning only in the mind of the voter. It has no actual counterpart in the real world of politics or government, at least in this country.

"winning" or "losing" is a concept that has meaning only in the mind of the voter. It has no actual counterpart in the real world of politics or government, at least in this country.
In my mind I’d rather win with trump and his policies than lose with biden and his agenda

Forum List

Back