Which Party Would Do a Better Job?

GPA means a lot less than they used to. Grade inflation is a real thing. 4.0 used to be perfect. Now they have 4.5.

An SAT of 1400 isn't as impressive. That puts them in to 10% of the country (of SAT takers) but not top 5%.
She is perfect. She took AP classes to get her to higher than a 4.0. Unweighted she has a 4.0

1400 is still impressive. What did you get lol?

GPA means a lot less than they used to. Grade inflation is a real thing. 4.0 used to be perfect. Now they have 4.5.

An SAT of 1400 isn't as impressive. That puts them in to 10% of the country (of SAT takers) but not top 5%.
At 1400 she was in the 94% so top 6%. Are you ever not utterly inaccurate?

She is perfect. She took AP classes to get her to higher than a 4.0. Unweighted she has a 4.0

1400 is still impressive. What did you get lol?
Lots of perfect GPAs out there.

My SAT was higher. My school didn’t even give me a GPA. I graduated in the top 5% of my class because I was the top 5% of my class. I was a poor kid who went to a tiny rural school. I didn’t have the guidance that privileged kids get. I had a bad volleyball coach with a poor grasp of the English language as my guidance counselor. Applying to Ivy League wasn’t even within my wildest dreams at that time.

And it didn’t hold me back one iota.

Last time I checked 6 is between 5 and 10.

Isn’t your degree in finance? You can barely count.
You said closer to 10% did you not? 10% should never even been written and you said the score wasn’t that good. So 94% isn’t that good?

Lots of perfect GPAs out there.

My SAT was higher. My school didn’t even give me a GPA. I graduated in the top 5% of my class because I was the top 5% of my class. I was a poor kid who went to a tiny rural school. I didn’t have the guidance that privileged kids get. I had a bad volleyball coach with a poor grasp of the English language as my guidance counselor. Applying to Ivy League wasn’t even within my wildest dreams at that time.

And it didn’t hold me back one iota.
So you did better? What did you get? All those accolades and you became an orderly and hate “privileged” kids. So my kids live in suburban MA, are they privileged by your operational definition? It’s people like you that are pushing Independents to vote Red over and over again.

So you did better? What did you get? All those accolades and you became an orderly and hate “privileged” kids. So my kids live in suburban MA, are they privileged by your operational definition? It’s people like you that are pushing Independents to vote Red over and over again.
I don’t know anything about your kids and there’s a rule here against talking about other people’s families so I have no comment.

I was a national merit finalist.

I know my kid will be privileged. She will go to the best private schools. She will have the best tutors. She will experience culture and experiences I couldn’t. She will have the right mentors and guidance to make it as far as she possibly can.

And why wouldn’t I do that for her? It’s just a judgement. But social mobility is falling. It’s falling a lot. And this is a BIG reason. I think a lot about it. It’s a problem. I don’t have an answer. People are doing what is logical for themselves, and the problem gets worse. I don’t care who I push where. Im saying this gets worse and if we don’t at least talk about it, it will hurt us in ways you don’t anticipate. We already are seeing them.

I don’t know anything about your kids and there’s a rule here against talking about other people’s families so I have no comment.

I was a national merit finalist.

I know my kid will be privileged. She will go to the best private schools. She will have the best tutors. She will experience culture and experiences I couldn’t. She will have the right mentors and guidance to make it as far as she possibly can.

And why wouldn’t I do that for her? It’s just a judgement. But social mobility is falling. It’s falling a lot. And this is a BIG reason. I think a lot about it. It’s a problem. I don’t have an answer. People are doing what is logical for themselves, and the problem gets worse. I don’t care who I push where. Im saying this gets worse and if we don’t at least talk about it, it will hurt us in ways you don’t anticipate. We already are seeing them.
Huh? So you do believe my kid is “privileged”. Excellent. Talk about what? Everyone in America is born with equal rights. The rest is up to them.

Huh? So you do believe my kid is “privileged”. Excellent. Talk about what? Everyone in America is born with equal rights. The rest is up to them.
It’s impossible to talk since you don’t actually seem to understand simple English.

Not to mention your unwillingness to address difficult problems. Maybe that’s what’s turning people red. They’re hiding.

It’s impossible to talk since you don’t actually seem to understand simple English.

Not to mention your unwillingness to address difficult problems. Maybe that’s what’s turning people red. They’re hiding.
There are a lot of difficult problems. Identity politics isn’t a solution IMO. They are turning Red because Democrats believe parents should not have a say on what is taught in schools. Difficult problems indeed

I was estimating. Jesus. Don’t be so dramatic.

I was right too, despite your accusation to the contrary.
You were right when you said close to top 5% which because she is white makes it closer to top 20% and if she were male it would be top 40% since white is now deemed as evil.

There are a lot of difficult problems. Identity politics isn’t a solution IMO. They are turning Red because Democrats believe parents should not have a say on what is taught in schools. Difficult problems indeed
Y’all love identity politics. Hence the cultivation of grievance of white straight males despite there being none of the vilification you claimed.

Victimization is a powerful force.

Y’all love identity politics. Hence the cultivation of grievance of white straight males despite there being none of the vilification you claimed.

Victimization is a powerful force.
There is. I posted Links. You just don’t want to believe it. That’s OK. I sit on a board of a major university and our number one initiative is DEI at the expense of accepting the best candidates.

You were right when you said close to top 5% which because she is white makes it closer to top 20% and if she were male it would be top 40% since white is now deemed as evil.
Thanks for admitting I was right. The rest of your post is identity politics and mostly gibberish.

Thanks for admitting I was right. The rest of your post is identity politics and mostly gibberish.
It’s gibberish because you cannot counter it. It’s OK. You said top 10%..closer to 5% but that should be barely enough to get her into UMASS. LOL

There is. I posted Links. You just don’t want to believe it. That’s OK. I sit on a board of a major university and our number one initiative is DEI at the expense of accepting the best candidates.
Right. Your grievance is that a white kid can’t excel because the student body is only 50% white.

It’s, well, not that convincing.

Social mobility has been declining. That means that rich kids tend to stay rich. Cultivating the grievance that something is being taken away from them defies the statistics.

It seems like you’re a victim of this cultivation as well.

Right. Your grievance is that a white kid can’t excel because the student body is only 50% white.

It’s, well, not that convincing.

Social mobility has been declining. That means that rich kids tend to stay rich. Cultivating the grievance that something is being taken away from them defies the statistics.

It seems like you’re a victim of this cultivation as well.
My grievance is that we aren’t taking the best. The NBA is 85% black. Should the NBA have quotas?

Forum List

Back