Which Party Would Do a Better Job?

It’s gibberish because you cannot counter it. It’s OK. You said top 10%..closer to 5% but that should be barely enough to get her into UMASS. LOL
It’s gibberish because it makes no sense.

I don’t know what gets you into UMASS. It seems like 1400 would be below average for Ivy League based on limited googling.

It’s gibberish because it makes no sense.

I don’t know what gets you into UMASS. It seems like 1400 would be below average for Ivy League based on limited googling.
“Limited Googling”…due to COVID19 many schools aren’t requiring SATs so now we are going strictly on grades. 4.5 GPA….sucks that she is white though.

My grievance is that we aren’t taking the best. The NBA is 85% black. Should the NBA have quotas?
Who is to say who is truly the best? Seems quite subjective.

More to the point, if all universities took the “best” as I’m pretty sure you want to define it, they become instruments of perpetuating class structure when universities are one of, if not the most, important part of social mobility.

Compare that to people complaining that they can’t get into a good school because the school ONLY is half white. You guys make it sound like no white kids get in.

“Limited Googling”…due to COVID19 many schools aren’t requiring SATs so now we are going strictly on grades. 4.5 GPA….sucks that she is white though.
Grade inflation, anyone? Don’t pretend that GPA is as objective a metric as something else. Hell, even if I had been given a GPA, my school didn’t offer AP classes so someone from my old school would look worse simply because they’re a country hick without access to them.

Who is to say who is truly the best? Seems quite subjective.

More to the point, if all universities took the “best” as I’m pretty sure you want to define it, they become instruments of perpetuating class structure when universities are one of, if not the most, important part of social mobility.

Compare that to people complaining that they can’t get into a good school because the school ONLY is half white. You guys make it sound like no white kids get in.
Best is by test scores, grades and difficulty of
Classes. The criteria we have used for the past seven years. You ignored the NBA example. Doesn’t fit your narrative.

Grade inflation, anyone? Don’t pretend that GPA is as objective a metric as something else. Hell, even if I had been given a GPA, my school didn’t offer AP classes so someone from my old school would look worse simply because they’re a country hick without access to them.
How is it inflated when she took AP classes and received As in them and did better than most kids. So you’re saying she was gifted the grades? So why have grades at all?

Best is by test scores, grades and difficulty of
Classes. The criteria we have used for the past seven years. You ignored the NBA example. Doesn’t fit your narrative.
Class difficulty and grades can’t be easily compared school to school or state to state.

Test scores, maybe. But even then, lots to be said about whether that’s a true metric or not. Your opinion says so, I’m not sure. It’s just an opinion.

The NBA isn’t one of the greatest sources of social mobility. It had no effect on society.

Class difficulty and grades can’t be easily compared school to school or state to state.

Test scores, maybe. But even then, lots to be said about whether that’s a true metric or not. Your opinion says so, I’m not sure. It’s just an opinion.

The NBA isn’t one of the greatest sources of social mobility. It had no effect on society.
Of course it does. As does the NFL. And test scores and salaries for graduates are the primary factors on how schools are ranked. So not “maybe”. You do you. You’re a Democrat zealot. It’s OK. Your party can do no wrong in your eyes. Looks like many in VA disagree.

How is it inflated when she took AP classes and received As in them and did better than most kids. So you’re saying she was gifted the grades? So why have grades at all?
It’s inflated against someone that couldn’t take those AP courses. Not to mention, the fancy private schools do better when their kids go to fancy private colleges. So what’s their incentive? They want the dollars flowing in, those kids better not have bad GPAs that keep them out of good schools. There’s ways of doing that.

People aren’t numbers.

It’s inflated against someone that couldn’t take those AP courses. Not to mention, the fancy private schools do better when their kids go to fancy private colleges. So what’s their incentive? They want the dollars flowing in, those kids better not have bad GPAs that keep them out of good schools. There’s ways of doing that.

People aren’t numbers.
SATs are the same for everyone. She did better than 94% of her peers. To me that’s excellent. To you…it’s a shrug. LoL

Of course it does. As does the NFL.
No. It doesn’t.

I see you and a lot of people like you wanting to bury your head so as not to look at what is actually happening to society.

Let them eat cake. You have a new aristocracy.

SATs are the same for everyone. She did better than 94% of her peers. To me that’s excellent. To you…it’s a shrug. LoL
I never shrugged.

I just said you’re not likely to get into the most highly selective schools no matter how much you feel it’s owed to you.

No. It doesn’t.

I see you and a lot of people like you wanting to bury your head so as not to look at what is actually happening to society.

Let them eat cake. You have a new aristocracy.
If course it does. Huge part of our pop culture

I never shrugged.

I just said you’re not likely to get into the most highly selective schools no matter how much you feel it’s owed to you.
It’s not me. I am not the one applying. I got into Duke. But that was 1998. Not sure I get in now…

Pop culture has what to do with social mobility?

Oh right, you don’t like thinking about that.
A ton. Ask Nike. Look at all the jobs the NBA has created for PoC. And you’re off topic. The country has spoken. Biden sucks as does the Democratic agenda. Enjoy.

A ton. Ask Nike. Look at all the jobs the NBA has created for PoC. And you’re off topic. The country has spoken. Biden sucks as does the Democratic agenda. Enjoy.
Lord, this comment is so stupid.

There is so much fragility on your side of the aisle. So much fear.

Lord, this comment is so stupid.

There is so much fragility on your side of the aisle. So much fear.
Fear? Facts don’t care about your feelings.

VA - blue state and at major risk
NJ - see above
Minny - voted against defunding the police

Democratic Party has gone too far left. You’re such a zealot you cannot even accept reality.

Forum List

Back