Which Party Would Do a Better Job?

Don't get the same opportunities? Surely you're not implying that these institutions exclude all straight white men, right?

Of course not. That would be ridiculous. Here I am, straight white man, didn't have any problem getting into schools and programs.
"Didn't"....try it now. I am precisely saying that.

Isn't that the exception, rather than the rule. Did you fail to get into college for being white. Did you fail to get promoted because you were white? Do you hold back white managers or supervisors because they are white? It never held me back, though I heard about it most of my life. When it happens, it is still kind of a "man bites dog" story. You do know some people make excuses for why they don't get what they want, even white people, right? Hard for me to make a case for some mistreatment, I have not suffered, though I have heard it, somewhere else.
No no....that was then. We are talking about now. My niece has a 4.54GPA and a 1400 on her SATs. Her GC told her to temper her expectations because she is a white suburban girl. That story is far from an anomaly. The DEI initiative is now ensuring that companies fill color quotas vs. talent quotas.

If you’re saying precisely that, you’re clearly totally misinformed.
Nope. You are. Therein lies the problem. I sit on a BOD of a major university. Was there this morning. We have quotas for diversity so students who would have gotten in even two years ago won't know because of their skin color.

FACTS

Nope. You are. Therein lies the problem. I sit on a BOD of a major university. Was there this morning. We have quotas for diversity so students who would have gotten in even two years ago won't know because of their skin color.

FACTS

U of Michigan is one of the best schools in the country.

49% male
53% caucasian
83% straight

The horror. Clearly straight white males are doing just fine.

Never had a problem being white. some problems from being old, such as medical & prescription improvements being fought against by Republicans in congress.

49% male
53% caucasian
83% straight

Compare that to the stats of two, five and 10 yrs ago. "Just Fine" doesn't make any sense. Colleges should be admitting the best candidates regardless of race, gender, sexual orientation.

49% male
53% caucasian
83% straight

No no....that was then. We are talking about now. My niece has a 4.54GPA and a 1400 on her SATs. Her GC told her to temper her expectations because she is a white suburban girl. That story is far from an anomaly. The DEI initiative is now ensuring that companies fill color quotas vs. talent quotas.
Simple. With a 4.54 GPA, pay no attention to the guidance counselor that had nowhere near a 4.5 GPA and go for what you want. Pretty unlikely, she will ever see the inside of state junior college. Congrats to tha kid.

Simple. With a 4.54 GPA, pay no attention to the guidance counselor that had nowhere near a 4.5 GPA and go for what you want. Pretty unlikely, she will ever see the inside of state junior college. Congrats to tha kid.
She won't get into any Ivy League schools and no shot at her top 5. So there is that. She is likely looking at a state school.

She won't get into any Ivy League schools and no shot at her top 5. So there is that. She is likely looking at a state school.
Hard to believe with those stats. Who were her top 5?

Top of my head...Duke, UNC, Cornell, Brown and Dartmouth
I would think that Duke and UNC would be doable. Don't know anything about Cornell, Brown and Dartmouth, except being high end schools. Has she already gotten rejection letters or did she listen to the guidance counselor?

I would think that Duke and UNC would be doable. Don't know anything about Cornell, Brown and Dartmouth, except being high end schools. Has she already gotten rejection letters or did she listen to the guidance counselor?
She is applying now. Duke is the hardest to get in out of the ones listed and her number one choice.

She is applying now. Duke is the hardest to get in out of the ones listed and her number one choice.
I wish her luck. I had a high test scores, nowhere near 4.54GPA. People that score that well sometimes make their own luck. She will be fine wherever she goes. Certainly would not count her out on her top choices. She's not going to end up a high school guidance counselor.

How can a white person get ahead in life when they ONLY constitute the majority of students admitted to highly selective colleges.
Just how? It's impossible!

And still, that's not demonization.

I gave up on both parties a long time ago. We are so screwed.

GPA means a lot less than they used to. Grade inflation is a real thing. 4.0 used to be perfect. Now they have 4.5.

An SAT of 1400 isn't as impressive. That puts them in to 10% of the country (of SAT takers) but not top 5%.

How can a white person get ahead in life when they ONLY constitute the majority of students admitted to highly selective colleges.
Just how? It's impossible!

And still, that's not demonization.
Didn’t say they can’t but they are being demonized by the left as a collective

Forum List

Back