Which President(s) Of The Last 50 Years Have Done The Most Damage To The Country…?

Which president(s) are the worst in terms of inflicting long-term damage on the USA..

• Total voters
LBJ tops the list for me... due to the destructive on-going consequences of his Great Society and War on Poverty... and the citizenry's now-entrenched disrespect for authority that began with Johnson's escalation of the Vietnam war...

"honorable" mention goes to Bush 43 for his Iraq misadventure, among other things...

and Clinton, who taught the country that, even if you get caught in a flat-out lie, you can get off without consequences... also, thanks to him, second-graders now all know what a blowjob is...

I'm not quite ready to make the call on Obama just yet, but I'm none too pleased with his Supreme Court picks...

300313_275384095835583_241968279177165_880446_1693618753_n.jpg

Not than anyone should be surprised :eusa_eh:.

unthinking disrespect for authority is just as great an enemy of the truth...

Not just as great, although the bullshit that's been flung SO far and wide has a detrimental effect on legitimate authority, too.

Honestly, a truly free people should NOT be led. We should, instead, INSTRUCT our representatives of our own free, educated, and deeply considered free will. Now, if you really give the matter the thought it deserves, the process whereby a populace expresses informed consent has been retarded in so many and sundry ways that what we've seen for quite some time represents more of a resigned compliance than the representative republic we were gifted with. It's a damned shame, too.

LBJ, going away.

Besides having the highest body count of dead American boys over all who followed him combined, putting the OASI fund on budget to fund he war in Vietnam, Medicare and the idiotic "Great Society" welfare state has sucked us dry.

They should exhume that asshole and bury him in Havana.

The "welfare state has sucked us dry." ?!

The right's own economists credit war spending coupled with cuts to tax revenues on the wealthiest Americans for that. Cute how some of those wealthiest made the most (dast we bring up profiteering?!?) FROM those wars.

Jesus H. Christ on a Popsicle stick.

Once upon a time in America, the TAX code taxed CAPITAL, because taxing the sweat of the LABOR that FED capital was morally repugnant.

You all have had it SO ass backwards for so long that it's its almost useless talking to any of you.
Yes, it has sucked us dry.

All the funds that were surplus in the OASI trust fund were put on budget by LBJ (meaning that the money was treated just like any other revenue that came into the general fund), to hide the costs of the war, Medicare and his Great Society scam, neither of which had any funding mechanisms.

Consequently, there is only a big stack of IOUs (actually theyr're YOU OUs, but let's not split hairs here), where there should be a rather substantial cash reserve, a new Medicare tax was enacted to keep that impending train wreck afloat, and the model for debt shifted to tomorrow to pay for spending today was hijacked by Reagan and used for the entire budgetary system, giving us the massive debt we have today....BTW, no democrat president has reversed using that accounting gimmick, in order to utilize it to their benefit.

Then there's the little matter of more than 58,000 dead American boys, with six figures wounded and maimed.

But don't niggling little things like the facts get in the way of your self-righteous liberoidal indignation.

The money went straight to the ACE(.) The City failed to allocate ADDITIONAL money, yes, but Bush II only placed about 1/4 of the ACE requests in his budget. Congress upped it a bit, but it was NOT enough. SELA is a FEDERAL PROJECT. Twenty year project in fact.

Read the source one more time. It's not saying what you just said.

Example:
New Orleans get 100 million allocated for levee projects they took 30 million and used it on projects not allocated for levees

I see that nowhere IN the article; I note ONE man said:

Lt. Gen. Carl Strock, the chief of the Corps, has said that in any event, more money would not have prevented the drowning of the city, since its levees were designed to protect against a Category 3 storm,

We will never know as Bush refused to budget SELA requests. The Post article has been criticized by the way.

(A)fter 2003, the flow of federal dollars toward SELA dropped to a trickle. The Corps never tried to hide the fact that the spending pressures of the war in Iraq, as well as homeland security — coming at the same time as federal tax cuts — was the reason for the strain. At least nine articles in the (New Orleans) Times-Picayune from 2004 and 2005 specifically cite the cost of Iraq as a reason for the lack of hurricane- and flood-control dollars."
In early 2004, as the cost of the conflict in Iraq soared, President Bush proposed spending less than 20 percent of what the Corps said was needed for Lake Pontchartrain, according to a Feb. 16, 2004, article, in New Orleans CityBusiness.
On June 8, 2004, Walter Maestri, emergency management chief for Jefferson Parish, La., told the Times-Picayune: "It appears that the money has been moved in the president's budget to handle homeland security and the war in Iraq, and I suppose that's the price we pay. Nobody locally is happy that the levees can't be finished, and we are doing everything we can to make the case that this is a security issue for us."
Also that June, with the 2004 hurricane season starting, the Corps' project manager Al Naomi went before a local agency, the East Jefferson Levee Authority, and essentially begged for $2 million for urgent work that Washington was now unable to pay for.

Read more: New Orleans Officials Worried In 2004 That Federal Cuts Would Bring Disaster - Blogcritics Politics

I notice the link I posted was still in the reply but the cut and paste was removed Here from that link
Much of that Louisiana money was spent to try to keep low-lying New Orleans dry. But hundreds of millions of dollars have gone to unrelated water projects demanded by the state's congressional delegation and approved by the Corps, often after economic analyses that turned out to be inaccurate. Despite a series of independent investigations criticizing Army Corps construction projects as wasteful pork-barrel spending, Louisiana's representatives have kept bringing home the bacon.

Can you see it now?

Bush II ranks with Pierce & Buchanan as WORST ever.
Oh, fucking bullshit.

You have no more sense of history that it takes to do a Goggle search and blame BOOOOOOOSH! for everything short of the sinking of the Lusitania.

Really? Glad you were not an instructor when I was in college. My thesis was accepted, CUM LAUDE, in AMERICAN HISTORY. I can write about the Lusitania, but you might get CONFUSED.:lol: Obama is mediocre thus far, Bush II abysmal. His death toll proves THAT.
So you got rewarded for regurgitating to a bunch of liberoidal professors what they wanted to hear.

Big fat hairy deal.

No where does it say that thirty million was misappropriated.

No question exists that the LA reps and senators from both Dem and Pub parties got pork barrel projects when money should have gone to levee construction instead.

Both parties were at fault.

Oh, fucking bullshit.

You have no more sense of history that it takes to do a Goggle search and blame BOOOOOOOSH! for everything short of the sinking of the Lusitania.

Really? Glad you were not an instructor when I was in college. My thesis was accepted, CUM LAUDE, in AMERICAN HISTORY. I can write about the Lusitania, but you might get CONFUSED.:lol: Obama is mediocre thus far, Bush II abysmal. His death toll proves THAT.
So you got rewarded for regurgitating to a bunch of liberoidal professors what they wanted to hear.

Big fat hairy deal.

That's the mentoid way to look at it. The remains that she is trained as an historian, comports herself well here, and posts constructive and solid posts.

So your personal attack, Odd, on this means nada, amigo.

Obamination and his goons also broke the law selling guns to drug gangs along the border in the hope of promoting a ban on automatic weapons here in the USA, but it backfired when Americans and Mexicans have died in the carnage.

Obamination also openly challenged the authority of the SCOTUS that they shouldn't be allowed to overturn his Obamacare. The nutjob I believe would try to stay in office longer than allowed (ignoring election results or the 2-term limit) if he could get the military to back him, which he can't.

He is the dumbest and most dangerous POTUS of all time. Even Jimmy Carter appreciates Obamination.

No where does it say that thirty million was misappropriated.

No question exists that the LA reps and senators from both Dem and Pub parties got pork barrel projects when money should have gone to levee construction instead.

Both parties were at fault.

Dear dumb ass this is what it said

But hundreds of millions of dollars have gone to unrelated water projects demanded by the state's congressional delegation and approved by the Corps,

You're right 30 million wasn't misused. I used that as an example. You did read the part where I wrote
EXAMPLE:

bigrebnc, you are drinking early and you are misrepresenting the source. I wonder if you realize that.

Fail.

bigrebnc, you are drinking early and you are misrepresenting the source. I wonder if you realize that.

Fail.
Your crew is screaming "capt activate the deflector shield."

Fail.

So no attempt to refute my comment just post some off beat half drunk comment?

Read the source one more time. It's not saying what you just said.

Example:
New Orleans get 100 million allocated for levee projects they took 30 million and used it on projects not allocated for levees

Lt. Gen. Carl Strock, the chief of the Corps, has said that in any event, more money would not have prevented the drowning of the city, since its levees were designed to protect against a Category 3 storm,

We will never know as Bush refused to budget SELA requests. The Post article has been criticized by the way.

(A)fter 2003, the flow of federal dollars toward SELA dropped to a trickle. The Corps never tried to hide the fact that the spending pressures of the war in Iraq, as well as homeland security — coming at the same time as federal tax cuts — was the reason for the strain. At least nine articles in the (New Orleans) Times-Picayune from 2004 and 2005 specifically cite the cost of Iraq as a reason for the lack of hurricane- and flood-control dollars."
In early 2004, as the cost of the conflict in Iraq soared, President Bush proposed spending less than 20 percent of what the Corps said was needed for Lake Pontchartrain, according to a Feb. 16, 2004, article, in New Orleans CityBusiness.
On June 8, 2004, Walter Maestri, emergency management chief for Jefferson Parish, La., told the Times-Picayune: "It appears that the money has been moved in the president's budget to handle homeland security and the war in Iraq, and I suppose that's the price we pay. Nobody locally is happy that the levees can't be finished, and we are doing everything we can to make the case that this is a security issue for us."
Also that June, with the 2004 hurricane season starting, the Corps' project manager Al Naomi went before a local agency, the East Jefferson Levee Authority, and essentially begged for $2 million for urgent work that Washington was now unable to pay for.

Read more: New Orleans Officials Worried In 2004 That Federal Cuts Would Bring Disaster - Blogcritics Politics

I notice the link I posted was still in the reply but the cut and paste was removed Here from that link
Much of that Louisiana money was spent to try to keep low-lying New Orleans dry. But hundreds of millions of dollars have gone to unrelated water projects demanded by the state's congressional delegation and approved by the Corps, often after economic analyses that turned out to be inaccurate. Despite a series of independent investigations criticizing Army Corps construction projects as wasteful pork-barrel spending, Louisiana's representatives have kept bringing home the bacon.

Can you see it now?

You disapproved you point, thank you. NOT STOLEN, allocated by CONGRESSIONAL REPS! Still the evidence shows Bush refused ACE requests for the maintenance & repair project.

More, from "Mr. Civil Rights"...

090927_lbj_ap_297.jpg

I'll have them ******* voting Democratic for two hundred years.

lyndon-johnson.jpg

Son, when I appoint a ****** to the court
(Thurgood Marshal), I want everybody to know he is a ******.

Lyndon B Johnson, was, according to the book, uncouth, nasty, and often drunk. It alleges that LBJ had affairs with several young secretaries, and one night was caught having sex with one of them on a sofa in the Oval Office by his wife, Claudia "Lady Bird" Johnson.

The president was furious with his agents for not warning him, and soon after installed a buzzer system so that they could alert him when his wife was approaching the office.

Agents also reveal that LBJ wore a girdle, and that he liked to walk around naked in front of his wife, daughters, and female secretaries, earning him the nickname Bull Nuts.

all the president's secret peccadillos - Lifestyle - Independent.ie

Can you see it now?

You disapproved you point, thank you. NOT STOLEN, allocated by CONGRESSIONAL REPS! Still the evidence shows Bush refused ACE requests for the maintenance & repair project.

Are you that stupid? The city of New Orleans used the money for levees on other projects? Do you undertand that?

hundreds of millions of dollars have gone to unrelated water projects

Hi, UncensoredFascist. I always make you look foolish, so, yes, in every exchange with you.

President Obama.

It's obvious. Apologize for success.

Undermine our defense/intel capabilities.

First credit downgrade in U.S. history.

MASSIVE increase in the fucking deficit and debt.

Any more of that assclown and we could go down for the count. He's as serious as a fucking heart attack. He's GOTTA go.

Forum List

Back