Which State Will Have the First Civil Disobedience?

SweetSue92

Diamond Member
Jul 18, 2018
USA
The article linked below contains a list of states that have closed bars and restaurants. In my state, there is an entire region unaffected by Coronavirus--zero reported cases. Who's going to be the first restaurant/bar owner in that portion of the state--or ANY state--to say screw it and open their doors to a flood of customers?

I say one week, ten days at the outside. When one does, other owners in other states will do the same, especially in areas with no Coronavirus. And once that starts, it will be America saying, screw you, Daddy Government. We are Open for Business.

Which states have closed restaurants and bars due to coronavirus?

What is wrong with acting like adults and responsible citizens? What is wrong with a society acting as one to protect one another from a pernicious virus?

The article linked below contains a list of states that have closed bars and restaurants. In my state, there is an entire region unaffected by Coronavirus--zero reported cases. Who's going to be the first restaurant/bar owner in that portion of the state--or ANY state--to say screw it and open their doors to a flood of customers?

I say one week, ten days at the outside. When one does, other owners in other states will do the same, especially in areas with no Coronavirus. And once that starts, it will be America saying, screw you, Daddy Government. We are Open for Business.

Not sure what state you're in. OK governor said that he's not going to do anything on a state-wide basis. Whether that is smart or not...we'll see.

What is wrong with acting like adults and responsible citizens? What is wrong with a society acting as one to protect one another from a pernicious virus?
How about responding to the OP in kind instead of derailing another topic. As far as the OP, I have no idea.

If you are sitting in an entire region of an entire state that has ZERO cases of this virus, and you have laid off all your employees, and you are watching day by day as none of these horrid warnings are coming true--believe me. Your patience is running very thin. NOW. TODAY.

In another week the patience will be gone. I'm in a state with closed bars and restaurants and IN a county with COVID. I do not know anyone, personally, with the virus. I DO know people who have been laid off.

This is a disaster, all right, but the disaster is not the virus. It's the response.

Not sure what state you're in. OK governor said that he's not going to do anything on a state-wide basis. Whether that is smart or not...we'll see.

Wow. You know the economy might be a real serious concern when even candycorn is circumspect.

Our governor is a Democrat and closed everything. I can tell you now, it was not smart.

If you are sitting in an entire region of an entire state that has ZERO cases of this virus, and you have laid off all your employees, and you are watching day by day as none of these horrid warnings are coming true--believe me. Your patience is running very thin. NOW. TODAY.

In another week the patience will be gone. I'm in a state with closed bars and restaurants and IN a county with COVID. I do not know anyone, personally, with the virus. I DO know people who have been laid off.

This is a disaster, all right, but the disaster is not the virus. It's the response.
Same here. No cases, lots of closings.

Islamophobic Twat is upset that Trump is failing...

Um, Trump is the government, dummy.

Probably within ten days, this thing will have peaked and they'll start reopening things anyway...

20,000 reported cases, Trump did mess this up.

Wow. You know the economy might be a real serious concern when even candycorn is circumspect.

Our governor is a Democrat and closed everything. I can tell you now, it was not smart.

Even democrats can make mistakes every now and then. LOL

PS--you know you have really valid points when the shaming starts: ie, "acting like adults and responsible citizens". The more you have to shame, the more you make it clear that your arguments are thin

My county in SE Michigan has ZERO cases, and the disease ISNT that bad.

They will destroy the country and the world economy over this.

Islamophobic Twat is upset that Trump is failing...

Um, Trump is the government, dummy.

Probably within ten days, this thing will have peaked and they'll start reopening things anyway...

20,000 reported cases, Trump did mess this up.
Fake news. The democrat media is driving the panic.

PS--you know you have really valid points when the shaming starts: ie, "acting like adults and responsible citizens". The more you have to shame, the more you make it clear that your arguments are thin

Pictured- Red Staters living without shame!

upload_2020-3-21_6-20-44.jpeg

"Don't judge me!!!"

You see, there was a lot of crazy behavior before Government actually started doing it's job. What mystifies me is these people who stock up on bottled water. I'm reasonably sure that the Water Works are still going to be running. But here you have these people stocking up on toilet paper and bottled water.

My county in SE Michigan has ZERO cases, and the disease ISNT that bad.

They will destroy the country and the world economy over this.

Now imagine also being in a region with all these school closings. Same thing, weeks and weeks, some states for the rest of the year. No cases in your county.

I won't say Y2K yet but....maybe. Not out of the realm of possibility.

So all these corporations that just ordered their employees to work from home or are doing partial shutdowns are panicking because the "Democrat media" told them to?

You see, I'm not really worried about what the idiots on Faux News say... That so many sensible people ARE taking this seriously tells me it's probably worse than it appears.

Pictured- Red Staters living without shame!

View attachment 313784
"Don't judge me!!!"

You see, there was a lot of crazy behavior before Government actually started doing it's job. What mystifies me is these people who stock up on bottled water. I'm reasonably sure that the Water Works are still going to be running. But here you have these people stocking up on toilet paper and bottled water.
The panic behaviour is with your ilk Joe

I don’t know about you, but I don’t want the equivalent of Italy in this nation. They also did not take the virus seriously. The question is what is more important protecting masses of human lives or closing a restaurant/bar for 30 days? Obviously, Trump thought it serious enough to declare a national emergency. I support his action as late as it may be.

Now imagine also being in a region with all these school closings. Same thing, weeks and weeks, some states for the rest of the year. No cases in your county.

I won't say Y2K yet but....maybe. Not out of the realm of possibility.

Y2K wasn't a problem because we had a guy (Clinton) who took it seriously and worked with the private sector to address the problem proactively.

He didn't call it a "Hoax" and then panicked when all the computers stopped working.

So all these corporations that just ordered their employees to work from home or are doing partial shutdowns are panicking because the "Democrat media" told them to?

You see, I'm not really worried about what the idiots on Faux News say... That so many sensible people ARE taking this seriously tells me it's probably worse than it appears.
The idiots at faux news aren't the ones saying it, liar.

I don’t know about you, but I don’t want the equivalent of Italy in this nation. They also did not take the virus seriously. The question is what is more important protecting masses of human lives or closing a restaurant/bar for 30 days? Obviously, Trump thought it serious enough to declare a national emergency. I support his action as late as it may be.

False equivalency and false choice. We are not like Italy because our nation is considerably younger, for one, and for another our health care system is much different. Secondly, the choice is not as binary as protecting masses of humans or closing bars/restaurants for 30 days. At the very least, these boneheaded govs could have done it by COUNTY, not by entire state. There are entire unaffected regions shut down with not a single case. That's an instance of "the cure is worse than the disease".

Forum List

Back