🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Which State Would You Like to Kick Out of the US?

It's weird, after losing billions, companies don't pay taxes. Durr.
So how is it possible that a giant of American business, General Electric, paid nothing in federal taxes last year, even as it made billions in profit?

GE Paid No Federal Taxes in 2010

It must suck to be you.

So how is it possible that a giant of American business, General Electric, paid nothing in federal taxes last year,

For those unaccustomed to the loopholes and shelters of the corporate tax code, GE's success at avoiding taxes is nothing short of extraordinary. The company, led by Immelt, earned $14.2 billion in profits in 2010, but it paid not a penny in taxes because the bulk of those profits, some $9 billion, were offshore.

$5.2 billion in domestic earnings in 2010.
How difficult is it to believe they lost more than $5.2 billion in 2008 and 2009?
And then when you add in the moronic green energy subsidies they're handed........

Robo-signing didn't cause unqualified buyers to default.
If they were unqualified buyers why were they given mortgages?

Government mandated that Fannie and Freddie purchase a huge percentage of mortgages from subprime borrowers. Many others followed their lead.
Bullshit. Link?

His most successful effort was to impose what were called "affordable housing" requirements on Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac in 1992. Before that time, these two government sponsored enterprises (GSEs) had been required to buy only mortgages that institutional investors would buy--in other words, prime mortgages--but Frank and others thought these standards made it too difficult for low income borrowers to buy homes. The affordable housing law required Fannie and Freddie to meet government quotas when they bought loans from banks and other mortgage originators.

At first, this quota was 30%; that is, of all the loans they bought, 30% had to be made to people at or below the median income in their communities. HUD, however, was given authority to administer these quotas, and between 1992 and 2007, the quotas were raised from 30% to 50% under Clinton in 2000 and to 55% under Bush in 2007. Despite Frank's effort to make this seem like a partisan issue, it isn't. The Bush administration was just as guilty of this error as the Clinton administration.

Hey, Barney Frank: The Government Did Cause the Housing Crisis

So how is it possible that a giant of American business, General Electric, paid nothing in federal taxes last year, even as it made billions in profit?

It must suck to be you.

Sucks even worse to be you because you don't know who the puppet masters are and how USA.INC i.e your beloved composite federal "gubermint" are the majority shareholders not only in GE but every Fortune 500 corporation and their subsidiaries. Ever heard of the CAFR? You should look into it. USA.INC is a for profit venture bought by international bankers in contract to provide the 19 essential ""gubermint" services and they do it for a profit. You are nothing but a resource used to generate revenue for this vast corporate entity that is currently being ran by the IMF that took it into receivership in 1950 when USA.INC filed bankruptcy yet again just 17 years after they did it the second time and confiscated everyone's gold. You see, I know WAAAAAAY more than you. You are nothing but a dumbed down debt slave that is currently worth more dead than alive to these thieves....let that sink in.

Last edited:

It must suck to be you.

Sucks even worse to be you because you don't know who the puppet masters are and how USA.INC i.e your beloved composite federal "gubermint" are the majority shareholders not only in GE but every Fortune 500 corporation and their subsidiaries. Ever heard of the CAFR? You should look into it. USA.INC is a for profit venture bought by international bankers in contract to provide the 19 essential ""gubermint" services and they do it for a profit. You are nothing but a resource used to generate revenue for this vast corporate entity that is currently being ran by the IMF that took it into receivership in 1950 when USA.INC filed bankruptcy yet again just 17 years after they did it the second time and confiscated everyone's gold. You see, I know WAAAAAAY more than you. You are nothing but a dumbed down debt slave that is currently worth more dead than alive to these thieves....let that sink in.

Ever heard of the CAFR?

You're so clueless. Please show one that lists the government ownership of Fortune 500 stock.

Robo-signing didn't force unqualified borrowers to borrow.
Robo-signing didn't force unqualified borrowers to default.
Robo-signing didn't cause the crisis.

This is called 'Remove Blocking Cause', for example a dam holds back water, and if you remove the dam you flood the village.

Your logic is the equivalent of saying that removing the dam did not flood the village when we all can see the cause and effect.

Robo-signing was part of the problem that cause the real estate meltdown, but obviously it was not just that.

The banks needed more mortgages so they could sell more derivative contracts called MBSes, SIVs and CDOs. So they bought anything that was available from smaller lenders, like local banks. Local banks could make the stupidest and most irresponsible loans and then sell it to the Too Big To Fail Banks and not take any losses from the bad loans.

The security rating agencies like Moodies were coming up with nonsense reasons to justify giving these contracts AAA ratings, but the basic reason was that the Big Bank could take the security somewhere else and get it rated there if Moodies panned it with an accurate evaluation, and on top of all that the people giving the ratings really didnt understand what the securities were nor the complex algorithm everyone was using to evaluate the reliability of the security. (The chinese guy who wrote it said that it was not supposed to be used in real life and was only an abstract academic exercise. The SEC was just assuming that everyone was being honest and doing their jobs because they didnt understand it all either and most of their employees hope to get jobs at the Big Banks anyway, so they have no incentive of busting up the Big Banks little money making con game.

So, no, robo-signing did not cause the crisis, but it certainly did contribute, since of a bank loan officer had actually read and evaluated these loans instead of just assuming that they were all good, non e of this would have happened because there would have been no bad loans for the Too Big To Fail Banks to buy and repackage.

Robo-signing didn't force unqualified borrowers to borrow.
Robo-signing didn't force unqualified borrowers to default.
Robo-signing didn't cause the crisis.

This is called 'Remove Blocking Cause', for example a dam holds back water, and if you remove the dam you flood the village.

Your logic is the equivalent of saying that removing the dam did not flood the village when we all can see the cause and effect.

Robo-signing was part of the problem that cause the real estate meltdown, but obviously it was not just that.

The banks needed more mortgages so they could sell more derivative contracts called MBSes, SIVs and CDOs. So they bought anything that was available from smaller lenders, like local banks. Local banks could make the stupidest and most irresponsible loans and then sell it to the Too Big To Fail Banks and not take any losses from the bad loans.

The security rating agencies like Moodies were coming up with nonsense reasons to justify giving these contracts AAA ratings, but the basic reason was that the Big Bank could take the security somewhere else and get it rated there if Moodies panned it with an accurate evaluation, and on top of all that the people giving the ratings really didnt understand what the securities were nor the complex algorithm everyone was using to evaluate the reliability of the security. (The chinese guy who wrote it said that it was not supposed to be used in real life and was only an abstract academic exercise. The SEC was just assuming that everyone was being honest and doing their jobs because they didnt understand it all either and most of their employees hope to get jobs at the Big Banks anyway, so they have no incentive of busting up the Big Banks little money making con game.

So, no, robo-signing did not cause the crisis, but it certainly did contribute, since of a bank loan officer had actually read and evaluated these loans instead of just assuming that they were all good, non e of this would have happened because there would have been no bad loans for the Too Big To Fail Banks to buy and repackage.

Robo-signing was part of the problem that cause the real estate meltdown,

How?

since of a bank loan officer had actually read and evaluated these loans instead of just assuming that they were all good

You think robo-signing involved the initial paperwork?
I never heard that before. You have any links about that?

Like I said; So, no, robo-signing did not cause the crisis, but it certainly did contribute, since of a bank loan officer had actually read and evaluated these loans instead of just assuming that they were all good, non e of this would have happened because there would have been no bad loans for the Too Big To Fail Banks to buy and repackage.

since of a bank loan officer had actually read and evaluated these loans instead of just assuming that they were all good

Not off hand, but I have spoken to a couple of bank loan officers in early 2008 who confirmed that they were only spot checking the loans, like one out of twenty, and they had machines robo-signing the loans in order to handle the volume of loan applications that they got.

They were robo-signing loans where the applicant had no documented income at all, and already had four mortgages on four other homes. They were approving EVERYTHING ON SIGHT.

It was insane.

ZeroHedge covered the whole thing alot back as it was going on and was very critical of the 'Shadow banking system' and they probably still are. The site is flooded with trolls now though and astroturfers, so its kind of a waste of time now.

Some bankers and ratings agency people should be in prison now for destroying nearly $5 TRILLION in savings, retirement and investment capital.

Edit, found a couple of things.

Robo-Signing Is Only The Tip Of The Mortgage Fraud Iceberg

Wells Fargo settles remaining 'robo-signing' mortgage litigation

Another mortgage crisis- robo-signing continues, loans missing, MERS under fire - The American Genius

Like I said; So, no, robo-signing did not cause the crisis, but it certainly did contribute, since of a bank loan officer had actually read and evaluated these loans instead of just assuming that they were all good, non e of this would have happened because there would have been no bad loans for the Too Big To Fail Banks to buy and repackage.

Not off hand, but I have spoken to a couple of bank loan officers in early 2008 who confirmed that they were only spot checking the loans, like one out of twenty, and they had machines robo-signing the loans in order to handle the volume of loan applications that they got.

They were robo-signing loans where the applicant had no documented income at all, and already had four mortgages on four other homes. They were approving EVERYTHING ON SIGHT.

It was insane.

ZeroHedge covered the whole thing alot back as it was going on and was very critical of the 'Shadow banking system' and they probably still are. The site is flooded with trolls now though and astroturfers, so its kind of a waste of time now.

Some bankers and ratings agency people should be in prison now for destroying nearly $5 TRILLION in savings, retirement and investment capital.

Edit, found a couple of things.

Robo-Signing Is Only The Tip Of The Mortgage Fraud Iceberg

Wells Fargo settles remaining 'robo-signing' mortgage litigation

Another mortgage crisis- robo-signing continues, loans missing, MERS under fire - The American Genius

So, no, robo-signing did not cause the crisis, but it certainly did contribute

How did robo-signing contribute?

That's not robo-signing, that's poor underwriting.

How many times do I have to answer the same exact question for you?

You are an idiot. This conversation is over.

You are an idiot. This conversation is over.

Until you get it right.

Robo-signing had nothing, zip, zero to do with the writing of crappy mortgages or the creation of the bubble.

It didn't happen until after massive defaults began and banks needed paperwork to foreclose.

New Jersey pays ten times the taxes Mississippi does

And Vermont pays the least, you want to kick them to the curb?
Link?

Federal tax revenue by state - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I think every state contributes things of value to the federal union, but they are simply different kinds of things.

New Jersey sends money, Mississippi has sent the blood of its sons.

Until you get it right.

Robo-signing had nothing, zip, zero to do with the writing of crappy mortgages or the creation of the bubble.

It didn't happen until after massive defaults began and banks needed paperwork to foreclose.

I gave you articles that explained the exact opposite to you. I really dont get why you have this bug up your ass about robo-signing. IT is a fact of the public domain that it was a part of the problem.

But I really dont give a fuck and I most especially dont see a need on my part to spoon feed retards like you on the matter.

Have a nice day, idiot.

Until you get it right.

I gave you articles that explained the exact opposite to you. I really dont get why you have this bug up your ass about robo-signing. IT is a fact of the public domain that it was a part of the problem.

But I really dont give a fuck and I most especially dont see a need on my part to spoon feed retards like you on the matter.

Have a nice day, idiot.

I gave you articles that explained the exact opposite to you.

No they didn't. And they didn't back up your claim that they contributed to the bubble/crisis as you claimed.

On September 21, 2010, HousingWire ran an article citing defects in affidavits used in some foreclosure cases at Ally Financial, formerly known as GMAC Mortgage."This situation with GMAC isn't limited to GMAC," Margery Golant, of Golant & Golant, a foreclosure law firm in Boca Raton, Fla., said in an interview with HousingWire reporter Jon Prior. "All the mortgage servicers do the same thing. They have people either on the inside or through outsourcers that we call Robo-signers. They just sign everything in sight, but the legal system requires that they actually know the information."

In an October 21, 2010 Wall Street Journal article, the Journal reported that foreclosure lawyer/advocates, Thomas Ice and Matthew Weidner, were discussing the deposition testimony of mortgage company employees; Weidner recalled, "Tom and I were talking, and it was, 'Jesus, they're like robots!'" Weidner, a blogger, called them "robo signers" in a January 8, 2010 posting.[12]

The terms "robo-signing" and "robo-signers" then gained wider exposure by mortgage fraud activists Michael Redman and Lisa Epstein via their blogs.[13] "Robo-signing" is a term used by consumer advocates to describe the robotic process of the mass production of false and forged execution of mortgage assignments, satisfactions, affidavits, and other legal documents related to mortgage foreclosures and legal matters being created by persons without knowledge of the facts being attested to. It also includes accusations of notary fraud wherein the notaries pre- and/or post-notarize the affidavits and signatures of so-called robo-signers.

2010 United States foreclosure crisis - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It's all about foreclosures, not the initial mortgage. That's why it didn't cause the crisis.

Stay stupid.

It must suck to be you.

So how is it possible that a giant of American business, General Electric, paid nothing in federal taxes last year,

For those unaccustomed to the loopholes and shelters of the corporate tax code, GE's success at avoiding taxes is nothing short of extraordinary. The company, led by Immelt, earned $14.2 billion in profits in 2010, but it paid not a penny in taxes because the bulk of those profits, some $9 billion, were offshore.

How difficult is it to believe they lost more than $5.2 billion in 2008 and 2009?
And then when you add in the moronic green energy subsidies they're handed........
Dude, you claimed the ones who paid no taxes lost billions.

I proved you wrong.

Man up, for once in your life.

The rest of the country needs Texas more than Texas needs the rest of the country...I can assure you of that.
Nobody needs Texas.

And it would be a lot easier to build a wall along the Texas-Oklahoma/New Mexico/Louisiana border.

Works for me...that way we can keep sniveling liberals out of it.
Sounds great. Get rid of all your scapegoats and maybe you'll finally accept some responsibility.

BTW - how is Kansas going?

qQVgqH1.gif
qQVgqH1.gif
qQVgqH1.gif

It must suck to be you.

I proved you wrong.

Man up, for once in your life.

Dude, when you lose money in 2008 and 2009, you carry the losses forward, until you can deduct them from actual profits.

It's accounting, so it's obvious why you don't understand.

Forum List

Back