Which State Would You Like to Kick Out of the US?

All of them. Break the entire country up into independent states.

All of them. Break the entire country up into independent states.

Except 80% of the population (tax base) lives within 200 miles of water. How would the less populated States survive without federal funds?

The STATE of Big Government Dependency.

Robo-signing didn't cause unqualified buyers to default.
If they were unqualified buyers why were they given mortgages?

Government mandated that Fannie and Freddie purchase a huge percentage of mortgages from subprime borrowers. Many others followed their lead.
Bullshit. Link?

His most successful effort was to impose what were called "affordable housing" requirements on Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac in 1992. Before that time, these two government sponsored enterprises (GSEs) had been required to buy only mortgages that institutional investors would buy--in other words, prime mortgages--but Frank and others thought these standards made it too difficult for low income borrowers to buy homes. The affordable housing law required Fannie and Freddie to meet government quotas when they bought loans from banks and other mortgage originators.

At first, this quota was 30%; that is, of all the loans they bought, 30% had to be made to people at or below the median income in their communities. HUD, however, was given authority to administer these quotas, and between 1992 and 2007, the quotas were raised from 30% to 50% under Clinton in 2000 and to 55% under Bush in 2007. Despite Frank's effort to make this seem like a partisan issue, it isn't. The Bush administration was just as guilty of this error as the Clinton administration.

Hey, Barney Frank: The Government Did Cause the Housing Crisis

LOL!

Government mandated that Fannie and Freddie purchase a huge percentage of mortgages from subprime borrowers. Many others followed their lead.
Bullshit. Link?

His most successful effort was to impose what were called "affordable housing" requirements on Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac in 1992. Before that time, these two government sponsored enterprises (GSEs) had been required to buy only mortgages that institutional investors would buy--in other words, prime mortgages--but Frank and others thought these standards made it too difficult for low income borrowers to buy homes. The affordable housing law required Fannie and Freddie to meet government quotas when they bought loans from banks and other mortgage originators.

At first, this quota was 30%; that is, of all the loans they bought, 30% had to be made to people at or below the median income in their communities. HUD, however, was given authority to administer these quotas, and between 1992 and 2007, the quotas were raised from 30% to 50% under Clinton in 2000 and to 55% under Bush in 2007. Despite Frank's effort to make this seem like a partisan issue, it isn't. The Bush administration was just as guilty of this error as the Clinton administration.

LOL!

And yet no original mortgage had an issue until Bush took office.

It's weird, after losing billions, companies don't pay taxes. Durr.
So how is it possible that a giant of American business, General Electric, paid nothing in federal taxes last year, even as it made billions in profit?

GE Paid No Federal Taxes in 2010

It must suck to be you.

So how is it possible that a giant of American business, General Electric, paid nothing in federal taxes last year,

For those unaccustomed to the loopholes and shelters of the corporate tax code, GE's success at avoiding taxes is nothing short of extraordinary. The company, led by Immelt, earned $14.2 billion in profits in 2010, but it paid not a penny in taxes because the bulk of those profits, some $9 billion, were offshore.

$5.2 billion in domestic earnings in 2010.
How difficult is it to believe they lost more than $5.2 billion in 2008 and 2009?
And then when you add in the moronic green energy subsidies they're handed........
Dude, you claimed the ones who paid no taxes lost billions.

I proved you wrong.

Man up, for once in your life.

Dude, when you lose money in 2008 and 2009, you carry the losses forward, until you can deduct them from actual profits.

It's accounting, so it's obvious why you don't understand.
I knew you were incapable of manning up. You made an incorrect remark, I proved you wrong. Now all you have are excuses. I'm sure Obama is to blame or something.

So how is it possible that a giant of American business, General Electric, paid nothing in federal taxes last year, even as it made billions in profit?

It must suck to be you.

So how is it possible that a giant of American business, General Electric, paid nothing in federal taxes last year,

For those unaccustomed to the loopholes and shelters of the corporate tax code, GE's success at avoiding taxes is nothing short of extraordinary. The company, led by Immelt, earned $14.2 billion in profits in 2010, but it paid not a penny in taxes because the bulk of those profits, some $9 billion, were offshore.

How difficult is it to believe they lost more than $5.2 billion in 2008 and 2009?
And then when you add in the moronic green energy subsidies they're handed........

I proved you wrong.

Dude, when you lose money in 2008 and 2009, you carry the losses forward, until you can deduct them from actual profits.

I knew you were incapable of manning up. You made an incorrect remark, I proved you wrong. Now all you have are excuses. I'm sure Obama is to blame or something.

You made an incorrect remark, I proved you wrong.

What was my incorrect remark?

Bullshit. Link?

LOL!
Republicans were in control of those committees, and Congress, from 1994-2007.

LOL!

It must suck to be you.

I proved you wrong.

This.

Bullshit. Link?

LOL!

LOL!

And I said.....

LOL!

I proved you wrong.

This.

It's true, when companies lose money, they don't pay taxes.

So what was my incorrect remark?

Bullshit. Link?

LOL!

LOL!

And I said.....

LOL!
Oh, for a second there I thought you were trying to blame Barney Frank, who was in the minority and had no power to make law.
rolleyes.gif

But your link is bullshit, anyway.

You say Barney blames it all on the banks and says they need to be regulated more tightly. This is a straw man. He explicitly said that commercial banks which already operate on a highly regulated sector weren't the problem. He did say that the problem was with unregulated non bank entities, such as Countrywide, and securitizers.

”Of the X subprime loans held by the government,Y (high number) percent were held by freddie and fannie.” I don't know, maybe this is because it's their function to buy loans? This is like saying that 90 percent of illegally disposed of toxic waste resides in city dumps. No shit! It doesn't mean that the dumps are the bad actors as just a likely spot for toxic waste to end up because they are in the business of waste disposal. In fact, I'd be surprised and alarmed if other areas of the government were holding a higher percentage of the govt's subprime portfolio.
4i6Ckte.gif

I proved you wrong.

This.

Because you didn't show that GE lost billions in 2008 and 2009.

Bullshit. Link?

LOL!

LOL!

And I said.....

LOL!
Oh, for a second there I thought you were trying to blame Barney Frank, who was in the minority and had no power to make law.
rolleyes.gif

You say Barney blames it all on the banks and says they need to be regulated more tightly. This is a straw man. He explicitly said that commercial banks which already operate on a highly regulated sector weren't the problem. He did say that the problem was with unregulated non bank entities, such as Countrywide, and securitizers.

”Of the X subprime loans held by the government,Y (high number) percent were held by freddie and fannie.” I don't know, maybe this is because it's their function to buy loans? This is like saying that 90 percent of illegally disposed of toxic waste resides in city dumps. No shit! It doesn't mean that the dumps are the bad actors as just a likely spot for toxic waste to end up because they are in the business of waste disposal. In fact, I'd be surprised and alarmed if other areas of the government were holding a higher percentage of the govt's subprime portfolio.
4i6Ckte.gif

He did say that the problem was with unregulated non bank entities, such as Countrywide, and securitizers.

Fannie and Freddie had to buy tons of subprime mortgages, because of the mandate.
They bought them from banks and firms like Countrywide.

”Of the X subprime loans held by the government,Y (high number) percent were held by freddie and fannie.”

Not sure what you're saying here. What part of government held subprime loans?

I don't know, maybe this is because it's their function to buy loans?

Prior to the push for subprime lending, Fannie and Freddie only bought conforming (high quality) loans.

Bullshit. Link?

LOL!

LOL!

And I said.....

LOL!
rolleyes.gif

4i6Ckte.gif

You do not have a fucking clue about what caused the bubble burst in 2008 and how the very thieves that were involved (and bailed out) got hard assets from alleged money they created from nothing. Your little head would explode because you don't understand Promissory Notes, fractional reserve banking or how it all ties into the Chapter 11 Bankruptcy of 1933. There is nothing more amusing than watching some stupid little fuck like you cut and paste shit from somewhere while acting like you "get it"....fucking hilarious. Seriously, you are one lame ass and overall stupid piece of shit. I get embarrassed for you some times..... (SMH)

F&F chased the bubble. Nobody disputes that. They got left holding the bag, like lots of people and institutions.

However, they got in the game very late. They had no part in causing the bubble.

This.

It was in all the papers. Let me help you.

The claim about GE paying no taxes stems from a March 24, 2011, story in the New York Times headlined “GE’s Strategies Let It Avoid Taxes Altogether.” It was part of a 2012 Pulitzer Prize-winning series titled “But Nobody Pays That” by David Kocieniewski.

According to the New York Times story, GE reported U.S. profits of $5.1 billion in 2010 (and $14.2 billion worldwide). “Its American tax bill?” asked the Times. “None. In fact, G.E. claimed a tax benefit of $3.2 billion.” The company accomplished this, the story said, due to “an aggressive strategy that mixes fierce lobbying for tax breaks and innovative accounting that enables it to concentrate its profits offshore.”

On April 4, 2011, Pro Publica and Fortune co-published their own analysis of GE’s taxes and concluded that the New York Times had left the mistaken impression that GE got a $3.2 billion tax refund, when, in fact, it did not. The company also paid U.S. income taxes in 2010, the authors wrote.

Wait, there's more!!

Andrew Williams, a spokesman for GE, told us via email that “there is a lot of misinformation out there about what we pay in taxes, but at the most basic level: we pay taxes and we did not get a refund.”

According to Williams, GE paid $1 billion in federal, state and local taxes in the U.S. for 2010. He declined to say how much of that was for federal income taxes, except to say that some of it was.

Williams also pointed to a company press release, from April 17, on taxes paid by GE. According to that release, GE paid an effective global tax rate of 7 percent in 2010, counting money paid “to the IRS and foreign counterparts” in other nations. That rate was particularly low, Williams said, because the company lost $32 billion in its financial business during the global financial crisis.

Warren: GE Pays No Taxes

Let me know if there's anything else I can help you understand. Always glad to help.

F&F chased the bubble. Nobody disputes that. They got left holding the bag, like lots of people and institutions.

However, they got in the game very late. They had no part in causing the bubble.

Very late? You mean starting in 1992?

Bullshit. Link?

LOL!

LOL!

And I said.....

LOL!
rolleyes.gif

4i6Ckte.gif

You do not have a fucking clue about what caused the bubble burst in 2008 and how the very thieves that were involved (and bailed out) got hard assets from alleged money they created from nothing. Your little head would explode because you don't understand Promissory Notes, fractional reserve banking or how it all ties into the Chapter 11 Bankruptcy of 1933. There is nothing more amusing than watching some stupid little fuck like you cut and paste shit from somewhere while acting like you "get it"....fucking hilarious. Seriously, you are one lame ass and overall stupid piece of shit. I get embarrassed for you some times..... (SMH)

You do not have a fucking clue about what caused the bubble burst in 2008

It was the Fed raising rates and increasing mortgage defaults.

and how the very thieves that were involved (and bailed out) got hard assets from alleged money they created from nothing

If you're talking about the commercial banks, they lost hundreds of billions because of the crisis.

Your little head would explode because you don't understand Promissory Notes, fractional reserve banking or how it all ties into the Chapter 11 Bankruptcy of 1933.

It's all a conspiracy, dude! They're comin' ta git yer weed!! Durr.

Forum List

Back