🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Which would you rather have $1m in the bank or Social Security Check???

I appreciate you copy/pasting that line of shit they run. But the fact is it hardly works that way. People wait decades. Their process is geared towards you being dead so they don't have to pay.

My relative got an appointment, took about an hour and a half, was done, and the process took about three weeks. That was late last year.

But you know your own position best.

Nonetheless, SS is overwhelmingly the best option for the overwhelming number of Americans.

No - it's the overwhelming best option for the parasite class. They contribute nothing and walk away with everything.

For the rest of America, it's the ultimate screw-job. You're forced into a shitty system against your will, and your family gets fucked out of ALL of your money if you die early.

Only a Dumbocrat could call that "the best option" :eusa_doh:
It's not your money. It's not a savings account. You get credit for what you pay in but the whole system, and the Supreme Court has already ruled on this, can be ended with the stroke of a pen. It can all just go away.

As I said, if you live long enough it pays off, fantastically in some cases. If not, thanks for your contributions, we're passing them along to others.

Take the checks. It has a terrific return if you live that long. You'll get back much more than you paid in.

I've heard that,but the numbers dont add up in my mothers case.
She's received around two hundred thousand over the last ten years and more then likely wont be getting much more.
She payed a hell of a lot more then that in SS taxes over the years.
I doubt it. Most people think they paid in a lot, and they didn't.

Unfortunately I am in a position to know how much she paid in. She's a meticulous record keeper,or was.

Vintage Dumbocrat absurdity there. They always believe it's not your money - it belongs to society :eusa_doh:

Junior, that was my dad's money. He earned it working in the private industry from a private company. He was forced to give it to government and it was ultimately stolen from my mom. Had they had the freedom that the U.S. Constitution guarantees them, that money would have been in their pockets and my mom would have had it. But then, if they had that freedom that they were guaranteed, parasites like you wouldn't be able to mooch off of them, right?

The more you attempt to spin this and the more you keep making outrageous claims about "how it works" the more you illustrate your ignorance of the topic and the reality that you have no idea "how it works".

Survivors can collect benefits.

Survivors can collect ONE benefit. My mom was not able to collect her SS and my dad's - she had to choose ONE. They BOTH paid in, it affected their lives together, but she only gets the benefits of ONE.

Had that been in a private account, she would have received ALL of their money. Instead, Uncle Sam and the Dumbocrats fucked her out of 100% of my dad's money.

Or maybe nothing would have been saved at all...

Survivors can collect benefits.

Survivors can collect ONE benefit. My mom was not able to collect her SS and my dad's - she had to choose ONE. They BOTH paid in, it affected their lives together, but she only gets the benefits of ONE.

Had that been in a private account, she would have received ALL of their money. Instead, Uncle Sam and the Dumbocrats fucked her out of 100% of my dad's money.

Maybe? And thats supposed to make it right? Maybe? Seriously?

I've heard that,but the numbers dont add up in my mothers case.
She's received around two hundred thousand over the last ten years and more then likely wont be getting much more.
She payed a hell of a lot more then that in SS taxes over the years.
I doubt it. Most people think they paid in a lot, and they didn't.

Unfortunately I am in a position to know how much she paid in. She's a meticulous record keeper,or was.
I've done the math. Most people think they paid in tons and tons, when they didn't, and if they make it they get back what they actually put in very quickly. When you put in 50 a week and get back 250 or 500, it doesn't take long before you are other people's money.

One way or another we will pay. We are not going to have a bunch of homeless elderly.

One way or another we will pay. We are not going to have a bunch of homeless elderly.
Ah the good old days, when retirement meant illness and poverty. Oh how great we were then.

i remember my grandparents and parents saying how great retirement was. now all you hear are people talking about how tough it is to live on a fixed income

Ah the good old days, when retirement meant illness and poverty. Oh how great we were then.

i remember my grandparents and parents saying how great retirement was. now all you hear are people talking about how tough it is to live on a fixed income
The economy sucks, but imagine how tough it was before you even had that? That's why we made Social Security in the first place.

Obviously the money is better. More secure retirement and something to pass on to your children. Government takes over because they claim they can do better than the private sector. So, we have a system going bankrupt due to gross mismanagement and they are bitching because the private sector is doing too well. Go figure.

People should have a choice whether to participate. Wealthy people receive SS, which is stupid. Government is anti-freedom of choice. SS was supposed to be voluntary, but that didn't last. And Washington was supposed to keep their filthy hands out of they money. That never happens. No reason to trust government with money since they've proven they can't handle it responsibly.

Last edited:
My relative got an appointment, took about an hour and a half, was done, and the process took about three weeks. That was late last year.

But you know your own position best.

Nonetheless, SS is overwhelmingly the best option for the overwhelming number of Americans.

No - it's the overwhelming best option for the parasite class. They contribute nothing and walk away with everything.

For the rest of America, it's the ultimate screw-job. You're forced into a shitty system against your will, and your family gets fucked out of ALL of your money if you die early.

Only a Dumbocrat could call that "the best option" :eusa_doh:
It's not your money. It's not a savings account. You get credit for what you pay in but the whole system, and the Supreme Court has already ruled on this, can be ended with the stroke of a pen. It can all just go away.

As I said, if you live long enough it pays off, fantastically in some cases. If not, thanks for your contributions, we're passing them along to others.

Rottweiler calls tax payers the "parasite class."

He literally knows only what his overlords tell him and pay him to post here.

SS is an overwhelming deal for the overwhelming majority of Americans.

The system is not bankrupt, only those who wish to destroy it; they are bankrupt Americans.

The economy sucks, but imagine how tough it was before you even had that? That's why we made Social Security in the first place.

but we also didn't have unions and pensions and 401K plans. lets move into the 21st century here. Leave SS as an option if people want it. but for those who don't, don't force them to pay into it. and if you don't pay into it, you shouldn't get it.

but we also didn't have unions and pensions and 401K plans. lets move into the 21st century here. Leave SS as an option if people want it. but for those who don't, don't force them to pay into it. and if you don't pay into it, you shouldn't get it.

That's not an option. It's a pay as you go system. If people not retired stopped paying then those already retired would not get their payments.

That's not an option. It's a pay as you go system. If people not retired stopped paying then those already retired would not get their payments.

so what you are saying is it is not really the best option, but it is a mess we have gotten ourselves into an don't quite know how to get out of.

With all the support of privatized SS you do know that their will be a surcharge to handle the account? Also include this into your math...

Reading some of these posts makes me think some people would look on privitized retirement as general stock trading, day trading or whatever. The cost of a trustee handling retirement funds is fairly nominal. Prior to my retirement my employer had a couple of retirement plans for employees. One was employer contributions only and the other was a matching contribution (401(k)) plan with a 10% max contribution for employees and a 100% matching employer contribution up to a max 7-1/2%. If you contributed 3% of your income, you got a 3% employer match; if you made a 10% contribution it was matched up to 7-1/2% by the employer. Employees could manage which funds we wanted our money in - high risk, low risk, a mix of options - but once that choice was made we had to live with it for (I think) at least 6 months or maybe the entire plan year. I can't remember. If you didn't participate in that plan, then you still had the employer only contribution plan.

We couldn't borrow money from the 401(k) willy-nilly - there had to be a damned good reason, a lot of paperwork, and then there was a maximum amount that could be borrowed. Repayment (with interest as would any loan) was guaranteed - it came out of your paycheck every single pay period. That repayment went right back into your retirement account - it wasn't the employer's to keep and use however it pleased.

My 85 year old Mother in Law had 30 years of pension wiped out by the last recession. They invested it in a construction/land development company...

Freedom comes with positives and negatives.. you want security, go with savings accounts at 1%... you want risk, take the consequences with it

so what you are saying is it is not really the best option, but it is a mess we have gotten ourselves into an don't quite know how to get out of.

Yes if we wanted to get out now I don't know how you do it. The retired people paid their whole lives and should collect. If people currently working opt out then those retired can't collect.

Stupidity at your level cannot be fixed. Moving on...

Says the kid who believes that basic accounting principles cease to exist with Social Security... :lmao:

Son, you're moving on because I've humiliated you with facts. Moving on would be the first smart thing you've done today.
Sweetcheeks, you are clueless. I'm sorry but I can't fix that. Social Security is not a savings account, or any other version of basic double-entry accounting, and you can't understand that.

Double-entry accounting - did you Google that real fast like you did the bible verse which caused you to incorrectly derive that it was "the morman version"? :lol:

At the end of the day, you're just a young, dumb kid who is throwing shit at the wall and praying it sticks. You have absolutely no idea what Social Security is or how it works. You think that because its a Ponzi Scheme (quick junior - look up the word Ponzi Scheme now), that it magically makes the debt of Uncle Sam cease to exist.

For anyone with even an ounce of commons sense, they understand that everyone pulling out $6 for every $1 they put in is an unsustainable program that only an idiot Dumbocrat would dream up. It leaves an enormous $5 gap for each person on each dollar. Plus you're not even taking into account those people who put $0 in because they are a stay at home parent, unemployed, or perpetual welfare parasite.

Now what junior? What have you got for us? Throw something else on the wall and pray it sticks. This is funny as hell and I'm thoroughly enjoying watching you trip all over yourself trying to cover one made up answer with another.

Yes if we wanted to get out now I don't know how you do it. The retired people paid their whole lives and should collect. If people currently working opt out then those retired can't collect.

Hence the reason it was an awful idea (which Republican's warned the Dumbocrats of in 1935 - just like they did Obamacare in 2009).

I agree 100% that those who were forced to pay should receive everything they earned. The only solution I can think of to get out of this unconstitutional failed nightmare is for the federal government to simply print more money to pay those who paid in.

Make no mistake, that is NOT good. And it's not something I advocate normally. But considering that Obama has printed trillions since he assumed office, it's not like it's something that has never been done before. Yes, it will cause inflation and the dollar won't be worth nearly as much. But I see it as the only way to get out of this ignorant (and unconstitutional) Ponzi Scheme.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back