While the country is focused on Healthcare and Collusion, sneaky GOP cuts minimum wage

Competition in jobs keeps wages low.

I agree.
Boot 10-12 million illegals, wages for low skilled Americans will rise.

Obama deported a record number of illegals, what has Trump done?

Why do you even bother saying that , when history shows Obama sent illegals a Hallmark card and we know he messed with the metrics on how they were counted..

Never mind he looked the other way when it came to sanctuary cities.

Trumps own words: "President Obama has moved millions of people out. Nobody knows about it. Nobody talks about it. But under Obama, millions of people have been moved out of this country. They've been deported," Trump said.

Trump deportations comment gets some right, some wrong

What can a sitting President do about sanctuary cities?

You know pal, I am not a sheep and I just know what I know, once again Obama sent out a Hallmark card..and the country got run over with illegal kids.
Facts are the facts

Even Trump called you wrong with his statement.

Changing the subject: Do we have a problem with anchor kids? Yes, for many, many, many, decades. What can we do about it? Probably nothing.

Not talking anchor kids, talking the wave of minors running here after Obama's dream act fiasco.

Except we had a record of the usual rise in jobs in June, but wages remained stagnant.

The ONLY way you are going to raise wages in the US is by incentivizing it through regulations.

Lmfao so you going to regulated , tax it it do death and my middle class dollars an hour will go up? How..

Change the tax code to employee expenses are 1:1 tax credit.

DERP!

If you don't agree please list your reasons.

Easy fraud opportunity. Real easy.

The numbers just don't work.

Annualized employee compensation Q1 2017 $10.2669 trillion.
Annualized corporate profit Q1 2017 $2.1015 trillion.
Annualized corporate income tax Q1 2017 $534.2 billion.

Square that circle.
I'll wait.

Which would bring corporate tax to zero. What's wrong with that?

Lmfao so you going to regulated , tax it it do death and my middle class dollars an hour will go up? How..

DERP!

Square that circle.
I'll wait.

It would bring corporate taxes from a larger than $500 billion debit to more than a $9.5 trillion credit.

Businesses would get refunds more than 4 times their profit. Is that your plan?

1. I would accept this if free interning was illegal. You have to at least pay this minimum. Interning is a way to take advantage of young people trying to get experience. At least pay $4.25

2. Not college students. College students are broke and paying a lot for college. I had a minimum wage job in college and it sucked. I ended up finding tip jobs like valet, chauffer, bellman and waiter

Why should it be illegal for interns to not be paid? You admit that it is a great way for someone with no experience, to work with successful people and gain great valuable experience.

So you got some job experience in a minimum wage job. From there you were able to find tip jobs where, my guess is from personal experience, you EARNED a great deal more than minimum wage. I know I did and I started that tip job in high school.

How is either of those results a bad thing?

It would fill the pockets of corporations, nothing else.

How? There is no competition between companies? When did that go away?

Right now we have 35% of $100.00 which is $35.00. Great!

How about if we have 15% of $1,000.00 which is how much? Oh, right $150.00.

How is that bad or is it too much for you to comprehend?

Further, who pays corporate taxes and why do you believe that punishing employers benefits workers?

So you agree, we need far better control over our borders along with making it easier and more attractive for businesses to hire employees. GREAT! So glad to have you come over to the realistic side of the world.

For the life of me, I simply cannot understand why anyone thinks there should be a national minimum wage. We have fifty states, thousands of cities and towns all with wildly varying costs of living.

If those states, cities or towns want to establish a minimum wage, fine. We have seen recently where several areas increased their minimum wage and, seeing the negative effects, dropped them back to their original amount. But then, Progressives are such slow learners.

DERP!

Square that circle.
I'll wait.

It would bring corporate taxes from a larger than $500 billion debit to more than a $9.5 trillion credit.

No. My plan is:

-Base Federal tax for corporations at 30% of revenue.

-Raise minimum wage to $23.50/hr. Based on where minimum wage should be using 1970-2017 rise in food, shelter, and transportation.

-Eliminate all business subsidies (deductions/write-offs/write-downs) except for employee expenses which are deducted dollar-for-dollar on all city, state, and Federal taxes and fees with the Feds refunding city, State, and fees.

-Companies with unlimited employees; employee expenses above the deduction are subsidized at 100% with funds usually give back to the States.

-Adjust Social Security and private/public retirement and pension payments using 1970-2017 price structure.

-Remove the FICA limit.

-Back down ALL costs, prices, fees, to January 1, 2009 levels and hold them for 10 years which will eliminate inflation.

-Recall ALL off-shore investments tax free, and disallow any further off-shore investments.

-Make inversion illegal.

My plan would reduce business costs for employees and taxes to 30%. That's a 15%-30% drop.

My plan would put BILLIONS into the economy daily.

My plan would put the $100 trillion plus currently owned by corporate America back into the economy.

My plan would end all welfare.

My plan would significantly increase social security and pension payments.

My plan would hold prices for 10 years, thus eliminating inflation.

But I'd be happy with a 1:1 tax credit for employee expenses up to the amount of federal tax owed.

It would fill the pockets of corporations, nothing else.

How? There is no competition between companies? When did that go away?

Right now we have 35% of $100.00 which is $35.00. Great!

How about if we have 15% of $1,000.00 which is how much? Oh, right $150.00.

How is that bad or is it too much for you to comprehend?

Further, who pays corporate taxes and why do you believe that punishing employers benefits workers?

If you give a corporation monies without putting stipulations on that monies they will put it in their pocket.

So you agree, we need far better control over our borders along with making it easier and more attractive for businesses to hire employees. GREAT! So glad to have you come over to the realistic side of the world.

The easier and less costly is to arrest, have a trial, prison, and loss of business to anyone knowingly hiring illegals.

For the life of me, I simply cannot understand why anyone thinks there should be a national minimum wage. We have fifty states, thousands of cities and towns all with wildly varying costs of living.

If those states, cities or towns want to establish a minimum wage, fine. We have seen recently where several areas increased their minimum wage and, seeing the negative effects, dropped them back to their original amount. But then, Progressives are such slow learners.

We have fifty states, thousands of cities and towns all with wildly varying costs of living.

All with greedy employers who will screw-over their employees to make mo' money.

Square that circle.
I'll wait.

No. My plan is:

-Raise minimum wage to $23.50/hr. Based on where minimum wage should be using 1970-2017 rise in food, shelter, and transportation.

-Eliminate all business subsidies (deductions/write-offs/write-downs) except for employee expenses which are deducted dollar-for-dollar on all city, state, and Federal taxes and fees with the Feds refunding city, State, and fees.

-Companies with unlimited employees; employee expenses above the deduction are subsidized at 100% with funds usually give back to the States.

-Adjust Social Security and private/public retirement and pension payments using 1970-2017 price structure.

-Remove the FICA limit.

-Back down ALL costs, prices, fees, to January 1, 2009 levels and hold them for 10 years which will eliminate inflation.

-Recall ALL off-shore investments tax free, and disallow any further off-shore investments.

-Make inversion illegal.

My plan would reduce business costs for employees and taxes to 30%. That's a 15%-30% drop.

My plan would put the $100 trillion plus currently owned by corporate America back into the economy.

But I'd be happy with a 1:1 tax credit for employee expenses up to the amount of federal tax owed.

Final sales to domestic purchasers were about $17.2 trillion last year.
A 30% tax on that would yield $5.16 trillion.
After you give them a $10.27 trillion credit, for employee expenses, the government is still handing them
over $5 trillion a year.

Raise minimum wage to $23.50/hr. Based on where minimum wage should be using 1970-2017 rise in food, shelter, and transportation.

Yes, that was one of the first of your errors I remember.

Eliminate all business subsidies (deductions/write-offs/write-downs)

Writing off COGS isn't a subsidy. Neither is any other legitimate business expense, like interest or depreciation..

Decode this gibberish.

Adjust Social Security and private/public retirement and pension payments using 1970-2017 price structure.

This would probably result in smaller benefits.

Remove the FICA limit.

Silly.

Unconstitutional. Unworkable. Stupid.

Unconstitutional. Unenforceable. Stupid.

-Make inversion illegal.

Why would anyone invert when you've made business tax rates negative?

My plan would reduce business costs for employees and taxes to 30%

Your plan would hand businesses trillions from the government.

How are assets owned by corporations "not in the economy"?

In that case, a nonrefundable tax credit would simply cut corporate taxes to zero.

No. My plan is:

You're quite a joke. Where did you dream that up from and who is going to pay that additional 30 percent?

The majority of companies would be thrilled to have a profit margin anywhere near 30% of their revenue.

We have fifty states, thousands of cities and towns all with wildly varying costs of living.

All with greedy employers who will screw-over their employees to make mo' money.

That just downright childish and foolish.

You have obviously never owned or managed a business. If you had, you would know that is stupid. A business will close down if their working policy is to cheat and screw-over their employees. Who would work under such conditions when their work is going to be reflected in the quality and quantity of work done.

This foolishness no longer merits any further responses.

Look, setting artificial wages instead of letting the free market dictate what a job is worth never works out. Raising the minimum wage hurts the people that liberals supposedly worry about...the very young and those without job skills. I know that you folks struggle with basic economics but raising entry level wages results in two things...young and unskilled people having fewer chances to get into the job market...and inflation as prices rise to cover the cost of across the board raises for labor.

Employers who "screw-over" their employees inevitably lose their good employees to their competition that treats them as valued assets. You don't need to legislate that. I'm guessing from your naïve posts that you've never managed people?

Square that circle.
I'll wait.

No. My plan is:

-Remove the FICA limit.

-Make inversion illegal.

Final sales to domestic purchasers were about $17.2 trillion last year.
A 30% tax on that would yield $5.16 trillion.
After you give them a $10.27 trillion credit, for employee expenses, the government is still handing them
over $5 trillion a year.

No, that would be handing employees $5 trillion per year which would be spent in the economy, boosting the economy by $8.5 trillion per year.

Square that circle.
I'll wait.

No. My plan is:

-Remove the FICA limit.

-Make inversion illegal.

Raise minimum wage to $23.50/hr. Based on where minimum wage should be using 1970-2017 rise in food, shelter, and transportation.

Yes, that was one of the first of your errors I remember.

Costs overall aren't 16 times higher than in 1970?

Square that circle.
I'll wait.

No. My plan is:

-Remove the FICA limit.

-Make inversion illegal.

Eliminate all business subsidies (deductions/write-offs/write-downs)

Writing off COGS isn't a subsidy. Neither is any other legitimate business expense, like interest or depreciation.

A subsidy is a sum of money granted by the government or a public body to assist an industry or business so that the price of a commodity or service may remain low or competitive.

Square that circle.
I'll wait.

No. My plan is:

-Remove the FICA limit.

-Make inversion illegal.

Decode this gibberish.

Employee expenses over 30% of revenue are refunded using monies given to States.

Forum List

Back