While the country is focused on Healthcare and Collusion, sneaky GOP cuts minimum wage

If you don't agree please list your reasons.

Easy fraud opportunity. Real easy.

The numbers just don't work.

Annualized employee compensation Q1 2017 $10.2669 trillion.
Annualized corporate profit Q1 2017 $2.1015 trillion.
Annualized corporate income tax Q1 2017 $534.2 billion.

Square that circle.
I'll wait.

Which would bring corporate tax to zero. What's wrong with that?

It would bring corporate taxes from a larger than $500 billion debit to more than a $9.5 trillion credit.

Businesses would get refunds more than 4 times their profit. Is that your plan?

No. My plan is:

-Base Federal tax for corporations at 30% of revenue.

-Raise minimum wage to $23.50/hr. Based on where minimum wage should be using 1970-2017 rise in food, shelter, and transportation.

-Eliminate all business subsidies (deductions/write-offs/write-downs) except for employee expenses which are deducted dollar-for-dollar on all city, state, and Federal taxes and fees with the Feds refunding city, State, and fees.

-Companies with unlimited employees; employee expenses above the deduction are subsidized at 100% with funds usually give back to the States.

-Adjust Social Security and private/public retirement and pension payments using 1970-2017 price structure.

-Remove the FICA limit.

-Back down ALL costs, prices, fees, to January 1, 2009 levels and hold them for 10 years which will eliminate inflation.

-Recall ALL off-shore investments tax free, and disallow any further off-shore investments.

-Make inversion illegal.

My plan would reduce business costs for employees and taxes to 30%. That's a 15%-30% drop.

My plan would put BILLIONS into the economy daily.

My plan would put the $100 trillion plus currently owned by corporate America back into the economy.

My plan would end all welfare.

My plan would significantly increase social security and pension payments.

My plan would hold prices for 10 years, thus eliminating inflation.

But I'd be happy with a 1:1 tax credit for employee expenses up to the amount of federal tax owed.

Adjust Social Security and private/public retirement and pension payments using 1970-2017 price structure.

This would probably result in smaller benefits.

If any of the aforementioned are 16 times more than in 1970, but you'd be hard pressed to find one.

Square that circle.
I'll wait.

It would bring corporate taxes from a larger than $500 billion debit to more than a $9.5 trillion credit.

No. My plan is:

-Raise minimum wage to $23.50/hr. Based on where minimum wage should be using 1970-2017 rise in food, shelter, and transportation.

-Eliminate all business subsidies (deductions/write-offs/write-downs) except for employee expenses which are deducted dollar-for-dollar on all city, state, and Federal taxes and fees with the Feds refunding city, State, and fees.

-Companies with unlimited employees; employee expenses above the deduction are subsidized at 100% with funds usually give back to the States.

-Adjust Social Security and private/public retirement and pension payments using 1970-2017 price structure.

-Remove the FICA limit.

-Back down ALL costs, prices, fees, to January 1, 2009 levels and hold them for 10 years which will eliminate inflation.

-Recall ALL off-shore investments tax free, and disallow any further off-shore investments.

-Make inversion illegal.

My plan would reduce business costs for employees and taxes to 30%. That's a 15%-30% drop.

My plan would put the $100 trillion plus currently owned by corporate America back into the economy.

But I'd be happy with a 1:1 tax credit for employee expenses up to the amount of federal tax owed.

Remove the FICA limit.

Silly.

Unconstitutional. Unworkable. Stupid.

Unconstitutional. Unenforceable. Stupid.

Please elaborate.

Square that circle.
I'll wait.

No. My plan is:

-Remove the FICA limit.

-Make inversion illegal.

-Make inversion illegal.

Why would anyone invert when you've made business tax rates negative?

Inversion is used more for walking on deferred income more than a lower tax rate.

Square that circle.
I'll wait.

No. My plan is:

-Remove the FICA limit.

-Make inversion illegal.

My plan would reduce business costs for employees and taxes to 30%

Your plan would hand businesses trillions from the government.

My plan would hand trillions to middle class workers to spend in the economy.

Square that circle.
I'll wait.

No. My plan is:

-Remove the FICA limit.

-Make inversion illegal.

How are assets owned by corporations "not in the economy"?

Please show us how monetary assets in holding accounts are 'in the economy?'

No. My plan is:

You're quite a joke. Where did you dream that up from and who is going to pay that additional 30 percent?

The majority of companies would be thrilled to have a profit margin anywhere near 30% of their revenue.

My plan reduces federal tax on business to zero and refunds employee expenses of more than 30% of revenue.

We have fifty states, thousands of cities and towns all with wildly varying costs of living.

All with greedy employers who will screw-over their employees to make mo' money.

That just downright childish and foolish.

You have obviously never owned or managed a business. If you had, you would know that is stupid. A business will close down if their working policy is to cheat and screw-over their employees. Who would work under such conditions when their work is going to be reflected in the quality and quantity of work done.

This foolishness no longer merits any further responses.

Paying 'market price' for employees is predator.

Look, setting artificial wages instead of letting the free market dictate what a job is worth never works out. Raising the minimum wage hurts the people that liberals supposedly worry about...the very young and those without job skills. I know that you folks struggle with basic economics but raising entry level wages results in two things...young and unskilled people having fewer chances to get into the job market...and inflation as prices rise to cover the cost of across the board raises for labor.

There is no free market, never has been, never will be.

For the life of me, I simply cannot understand why anyone thinks there should be a national minimum wage. We have fifty states, thousands of cities and towns all with wildly varying costs of living.

If those states, cities or towns want to establish a minimum wage, fine. We have seen recently where several areas increased their minimum wage and, seeing the negative effects, dropped them back to their original amount. But then, Progressives are such slow learners.

We have fifty states, thousands of cities and towns all with wildly varying costs of living.

All with greedy employers who will screw-over their employees to make mo' money.

Employers who "screw-over" their employees inevitably lose their good employees to their competition that treats them as valued assets. You don't need to legislate that. I'm guessing from your naïve posts that you've never managed people?

Where are the employees that have been screwed-over going to go?

Square that circle.
I'll wait.

No. My plan is:

-Remove the FICA limit.

-Make inversion illegal.

Final sales to domestic purchasers were about $17.2 trillion last year.
A 30% tax on that would yield $5.16 trillion.
After you give them a $10.27 trillion credit, for employee expenses, the government is still handing them
over $5 trillion a year.

No, that would be handing employees $5 trillion per year which would be spent in the economy, boosting the economy by $8.5 trillion per year.

Square that circle.
I'll wait.

No. My plan is:

-Remove the FICA limit.

-Make inversion illegal.

After you give them a $10.27 trillion credit, for employee expenses, the government is still handing them
over $5 trillion a year.

No, that would be handing employees $5 trillion per year which would be spent in the economy, boosting the economy by $8.5 trillion per year.

No, that would be handing employees $5 trillion per year

Giving more money to employers gives more money to employees?
That refutes pretty much everything you've claimed about business tax cuts.

Square that circle.
I'll wait.

No. My plan is:

-Remove the FICA limit.

-Make inversion illegal.

Raise minimum wage to $23.50/hr. Based on where minimum wage should be using 1970-2017 rise in food, shelter, and transportation.

Yes, that was one of the first of your errors I remember.

Costs overall aren't 16 times higher than in 1970?

Not unless you have a reliable source showing that.......

Square that circle.
I'll wait.

No. My plan is:

-Remove the FICA limit.

-Make inversion illegal.

Eliminate all business subsidies (deductions/write-offs/write-downs)

Writing off COGS isn't a subsidy. Neither is any other legitimate business expense, like interest or depreciation.

A subsidy is a sum of money granted by the government or a public body to assist an industry or business so that the price of a commodity or service may remain low or competitive.

Right.
Allowing a business to deduct legitimate business expenses, before taxing their profit, is not a subsidy.

Square that circle.
I'll wait.

No. My plan is:

-Remove the FICA limit.

-Make inversion illegal.

Decode this gibberish.

Employee expenses over 30% of revenue are refunded using monies given to States.

Who gave money to states?

Square that circle.
I'll wait.

No. My plan is:

-Remove the FICA limit.

-Make inversion illegal.

Remove the FICA limit.

Silly.

Unconstitutional. Unworkable. Stupid.

Unconstitutional. Unenforceable. Stupid.

Please elaborate.

The government does not have the Constitutional authority to force every American person and corporation to sell their off shore holdings or to prevent them from investing off shore.
If they tried, such an action would be stupid.

Ditto for fees and prices.
If they tried, such an action would be stupid.

And even if you control prices and fees, why do you feel that would allow you to control costs?

Square that circle.
I'll wait.

No. My plan is:

-Remove the FICA limit.

-Make inversion illegal.

-Make inversion illegal.

Why would anyone invert when you've made business tax rates negative?

Inversion is used more for walking on deferred income more than a lower tax rate.

You've just made business taxes zero. So no tax on deferred income either.

Square that circle.
I'll wait.

No. My plan is:

-Remove the FICA limit.

-Make inversion illegal.

My plan would reduce business costs for employees and taxes to 30%

Your plan would hand businesses trillions from the government.

My plan would hand trillions to middle class workers to spend in the economy.

You're handing trillions to business.

Square that circle.
I'll wait.

No. My plan is:

-Remove the FICA limit.

-Make inversion illegal.

How are assets owned by corporations "not in the economy"?

Please show us how monetary assets in holding accounts are 'in the economy?'

Please show me these monetary assets in holding accounts.

No. My plan is:

-Remove the FICA limit.

-Make inversion illegal.

over $5 trillion a year.

No. My plan is:

-Remove the FICA limit.

-Make inversion illegal.

over $5 trillion a year.

No, that would be handing employees $5 trillion per year

Giving more money to employers gives more money to employees?
That refutes pretty much everything you've claimed about business tax cuts.

If employers want to eliminate federal taxes.

No. My plan is:

-Remove the FICA limit.

-Make inversion illegal.

Raise minimum wage to $23.50/hr. Based on where minimum wage should be using 1970-2017 rise in food, shelter, and transportation.

Yes, that was one of the first of your errors I remember.

Costs overall aren't 16 times higher than in 1970?

Not unless you have a reliable source showing that.......

Bought a car recently?

No. My plan is:

-Remove the FICA limit.

-Make inversion illegal.

Eliminate all business subsidies (deductions/write-offs/write-downs)

Writing off COGS isn't a subsidy. Neither is any other legitimate business expense, like interest or depreciation.

A subsidy is a sum of money granted by the government or a public body to assist an industry or business so that the price of a commodity or service may remain low or competitive.

Right.
Allowing a business to deduct legitimate business expenses, before taxing their profit, is not a subsidy.

Business deductions are subsidies.

Forum List

Back