While the west wrings it's hand over islamophobia, no Christmas in Sudan

Oh goody. Another EchoBurp. Dimbart, one of my favourite low-hangin' fruit.
Let's take a bite, shall we?

>> It started as a broader ban that included Christmas trees. Federal law recognizes Christmas as an official federal holiday (5 U.S.C. § 6103) and provides federal employees with a paid day off to celebrate the Christian belief in the virgin birth of Jesus Christ. <<​

Bullshit.

Here's 5 U.S.C. § 6103.
It says jack squat about "virgins" or "Christ". It gives no advice whatsoever on what citizens are supposed to be doing or believing. It simply gives a day off.

Moreover, there is no "federal ban on Christmas trees". Christmas trees are not part of a religion anyway, unless you want to count "paganism" as a religion.

>> Every year, a White House Christmas Tree and a Capitol Christmas Tree grace those two respective buildings in Washington D.C., and a National Christmas Tree is also officially lighted outdoors for the public to enjoy during that time of year. <<​

Mercy. The article just got done imaginarying a "federal ban on Christmas trees" and then one paragraph later -- I edited nothing out -- it refers to federal Christmas trees.

And yet people use this for a link.

But do go on....

>> Just hours ago, pressure from the center’s employees caused the management team to cave on the Christmas tree ban. Christmas trees are back in at the facility.

However, the email goes on to say that private religious expressions can only be uttered in “personal work areas.” That means employees can only speak freely in places where the public usually cannot enter and, even then, only if the recipient would clearly understand that the speaker is speaking in his personal capacity only.

In other words, an employee could be punished for wishing “Merry Christmas” to a veteran in the lobby or any other public area. <<
Again, complete fucking bullshit. The article sourced doesn't even mention the expression "Merry Christmas", let alone reach such a bogus conclusion.

Life in Duh Bubble....

I think the point is, it is easier to Muslim in America than Christian in Africa or the Middle East.

>> It started as a broader ban that included Christmas trees. Federal law recognizes Christmas as an official federal holiday (5 U.S.C. § 6103) and provides federal employees with a paid day off to celebrate the Christian belief in the virgin birth of Jesus Christ. <<​

Bullshit.

Here's 5 U.S.C. § 6103.
It says jack squat about "virgins" or "Christ". It gives no advice whatsoever on what citizens are supposed to be doing or believing. It simply gives a day off.

Moreover, there is no "federal ban on Christmas trees". Christmas trees are not part of a religion anyway, unless you want to count "paganism" as a religion.

>> Every year, a White House Christmas Tree and a Capitol Christmas Tree grace those two respective buildings in Washington D.C., and a National Christmas Tree is also officially lighted outdoors for the public to enjoy during that time of year. <<​

Mercy. The article just got done imaginarying a "federal ban on Christmas trees" and then one paragraph later -- I edited nothing out -- it refers to federal Christmas trees.

But do go on....

>> Just hours ago, pressure from the center’s employees caused the management team to cave on the Christmas tree ban. Christmas trees are back in at the facility.

However, the email goes on to say that private religious expressions can only be uttered in “personal work areas.” That means employees can only speak freely in places where the public usually cannot enter and, even then, only if the recipient would clearly understand that the speaker is speaking in his personal capacity only.

In other words, an employee could be punished for wishing “Merry Christmas” to a veteran in the lobby or any other public area. <<
Again, complete fucking bullshit. The article sourced doesn't even mention the expression "Merry Christmas", let alone reach such a bogus conclusion.

Life in Duh Bubble....
Thanks for supporting my link. Glad to hear the ban has been lifted and Christmas trees are allowed.
Always glad to hear a ban has been lifted just hours before Christmas.
Really sets the spirit for the week.

^^ thinks "Jihadwatch" is real news... :rolleyes:

Article links only to "AllAfrica.com", which provides no link, nothing more than "according to news reports" without naming which ones. Or where they are. Or what their web page is.

The EchoBubble speaks, its minions murmur "yes master, may I have another?"
Ya think msnbc is real news. How about CNN????

I uh, don't have television. I don't believe in it.

Fatter o' mact in the past I have used this for my avatar:

tv-lies.jpg

Bullshit.

Here's 5 U.S.C. § 6103.

But do go on....

Again, complete fucking bullshit. The article sourced doesn't even mention the expression "Merry Christmas", let alon De reach such a bogus conclusion.

Life in Duh Bubble....
Thanks for supporting my link. Glad to hear the ban has been lifted and Christmas trees are allowed.

Actually I just destroyed your link. Took it apart like a Yugo and left it by the side of the road in pieces that have no function. I demonstrated where it's as full of lies, innuendo and out the other as the TV image above. Showed how it's a crock. Proved it pointless. Debunked it faster than a barracks upon hearing an enemy bomb hit. Cut the legs out from under it faster than you can say kerplunk. Made it look ridiculous. Condemned it to the fires of hell for twenty-two Forevers followed by eleven thousand Eternities. Switched its ass off, buried it and danced on its grave.

Bullshit.

Here's 5 U.S.C. § 6103.

But do go on....

Again, complete fucking bullshit. The article sourced doesn't even mention the expression "Merry Christmas", let alon De reach such a bogus conclusion.

Life in Duh Bubble....

Actually I just destroyed your link. Took it apart like a Yugo and left it by the side of the road in pieces that have no function. I demonstrated where it's as full of lies, innuendo and out the other as the TV image above. Showed how it's a crock. Proved it pointless. Debunked it faster than a barracks upon hearing an enemy bomb hit. Cut the legs out from under it faster than you can say kerplunk. Made it look ridiculous. Condemned it to the fires of hell for twenty-two Forevers followed by eleven thousand Eternities. Switched its ass off, buried it and danced on its grave.
yah, I'm sure you did since every quote you used was already in the article.

Bullshit.

Here's 5 U.S.C. § 6103.

But do go on....

Life in Duh Bubble....

yah, I'm sure you did since every quote you used was already in the article.

That's uh..... kind of the whole POINT.
You can't say "this is bullshit" without specifying what "this" is. So I specified the surreptitiously specious shit out of it.

Forum List

Back