White History Month?

Why not?

I mean, why not have a month designated to celebrate all the great things whites have done for this great country?

We have a Black History Month, no problem, where the accomplishments of blacks are celebrated, where we see commercials and whatnot, pointing out what that/those black man/men & woman/women have done to make this country great.

What would be the problem with having a month designated to celebrate the accompishments of whites, where we see commercials and whatnot, pointing out the accomplsments of that/those white man/men & woman/women?

Discuss.....:eusa_whistle:

Every month is white history month in history class.

How 'bout we just do away with the designated months, and have one "We're All Americans, Dammit!": month?

We could designate it as July, and use the 4th as the one day where EVERYBODY parties like a big dog.

Works for me. But if we are going to have history months, lets focus on American History and not on race, ethnicity, religion, politics, or any other characteristics intended to divide us.
That's the whole point of this.....You have to be living under a rock to NOT know the suffering blacks went through......But designating months to certain races, while excluding others, only feeds the racist loons, which in turn feeds the race baiter loons (they're just as idiotic as the racists, imho), only causing further division.

Fact of the matter is, i've never oppressed, or enslaved ANYBODY, nor have my ancesters, and i'm damn tired of having the shit thrown in my face by the white guilt inflicted race baiters, and many blacks......I FEEL NO GUILT, PERIOD!

So, in summation, enough with the BS....Enough with feeding the racists and race baiter loons.

And for the racists out their, THE BLACKS AREN'T GOING ANYWHERE, as much as you all wish they would......Grow a pair and deal with it!

And for you race baiters out there, who run around screaming, "YOUR RACIST, YOU'RE A BIGOT!"......STFU already. You're not helping the situation, and only make yourselves look like paranoid morons.

Case closed, friggin' PERIOD!

I'm disappointed High Gravity gave you thanks on this because as a black man, I feel that since the creation of the United States it is important to understand our past history as a country as far as the injustices that affected Native Americans, Irish, Chinese, Africans that helped build this nation. How you feel as a white person and the feeling that you think "Black History Month is shoving it down your throat" is a reflection of your unsympathetic attitude towards a people who have for centuries been persecuted. Not to long ago Blacks weren't able to vote, nor could they drink out of the same water fountain as whites or eat in the same restaurant.

To forget those things that became apart of the evolution of the United States American history is to turn a blind eye of the elements of what made this nation great.

Please refer to my previous post (#120)

Last edited:
Why not?

I mean, why not have a month designated to celebrate all the great things whites have done for this great country?

We have a Black History Month, no problem, where the accomplishments of blacks are celebrated, where we see commercials and whatnot, pointing out what that/those black man/men & woman/women have done to make this country great.

What would be the problem with having a month designated to celebrate the accompishments of whites, where we see commercials and whatnot, pointing out the accomplsments of that/those white man/men & woman/women?

Like slavery. Confederate whites viewed that as a "great success".

Works for me. But if we are going to have history months, lets focus on American History and not on race, ethnicity, religion, politics, or any other characteristics intended to divide us.
That's the whole point of this.....You have to be living under a rock to NOT know the suffering blacks went through......But designating months to certain races, while excluding others, only feeds the racist loons, which in turn feeds the race baiter loons (they're just as idiotic as the racists, imho), only causing further division.

Fact of the matter is, i've never oppressed, or enslaved ANYBODY, nor have my ancesters, and i'm damn tired of having the shit thrown in my face by the white guilt inflicted race baiters, and many blacks......I FEEL NO GUILT, PERIOD!

So, in summation, enough with the BS....Enough with feeding the racists and race baiter loons.

And for the racists out their, THE BLACKS AREN'T GOING ANYWHERE, as much as you all wish they would......Grow a pair and deal with it!

And for you race baiters out there, who run around screaming, "YOUR RACIST, YOU'RE A BIGOT!"......STFU already. You're not helping the situation, and only make yourselves look like paranoid morons.

I'm disappointed High Gravity gave you thanks on this because as a black man, I feel that since the creation of the United States it is important to understand our past history as a country as far as the injustices that affected Native Americans, Irish, Chinese, Africans that helped build this nation. How you feel as a white person and the feeling that you think "Black History Month is shoving it down your throat" is a reflection of your unsympathetic attitude towards a people who have for centuries been persecuted. Not to long ago Blacks weren't able to vote, nor could they drink out of the same water fountain as whites or eat in the same restaurant.

To forget those things that became apart of the evolution of the United States American history is to turn a blind eye of the elements of what made this nation great.

why should anyone feel sympathy toward those that have never been persecuted?

Last edited:

Why do you continue to live in the past?

Blacks do not have the corner on being enslaved.

It's my opinion that blacks will forever see themselves as victims.

I would say that slavery is over but the Democrats have found a way to keep most blacks on the plantation.

A more involved question than it might at first seem. Say you met a black American in 1885. Your own family arrived in 1865 from Ireland and had not one thing to do with slavery and the Civil War (which WAS about slavery, btw). This person was born in 1870. Would you understand feeling any sympathy toward that person?

HG thanked the post, because as a black man he fully understands the point I was making.

And, he obviously understands that this thread is about opening up a discussion, that goes to the point that it's not acceptable for whites to openly display pride in their race, or the contributions they have made, without the loons crawling out from under their rocks and screaming, RACISTS!, BIGOTS!.

He also obviously saw that I don't have a problem with Black History Month, as I stated in the OP......And as I also stated, you'd have to be an idiot to not understand the suffering blacks have endured.

Wicked Jester never said Black History should not be taught, nobody is turning a blind eye towards anything. He says in his post you would have to be an idiot to not know the suffering Black people have went through in this country.

Wicked Jester never said Black History should not be taught, nobody is turning a blind eye towards anything. He says in his post you would have to be an idiot to not know the suffering Black people have went through in this country.

everygroup has suffered, not just black people.

You would have to be an idiot to not know that

everygroup has suffered, not just black people.

You would have to be an idiot to not know that

You can go fuck yourself you worthless slag.:eusa_hand:

A more involved question than it might at first seem. Say you met a black American in 1885. Your own family arrived in 1865 from Ireland and had not one thing to do with slavery and the Civil War (which WAS about slavery, btw). This person was born in 1870. Would you understand feeling any sympathy toward that person?
Sympathy and guilt are two different things.

I most definitely feel sympathy for those blacks who were enslaved, but I don't feel guilt for it, because I didn't, and never would have participated in it.

Sympathy and guilt are two different things.

I most definitely feel sympathy for those blacks who were enslaved, but I don't feel guilt for it, because I didn't, and never would have participated in it.

You shouldn't feel guilty for something you didn't take part in.

Since the Bill of Rights was ratified on Dec. 15,
why not have a series of days to celebrate the 10 Amendments
plus Amendment 14 by which all persons have equal protections of the law.

Dec. 15-Dec.25

So we can celebrate
"Equal Justice Under Law" on Dec. 25
as the secular equivalent of celebrating Jesus

and then the 7 days of Kwanzaa would follow right after

Why not?

Are you dumb enough to say slavery never happened?

I would say that slavery is over but the Democrats have found a way to keep most blacks on the plantation.

How often am I here?

Better yet how often have you've seen me post anything about victimhood? Actually you, Matthew, and Squeezeberry complain more about race than anyone on the forum. I see you guys as the pot calling the kettle black. You guys talk about blacks and victimhood but as you can see in thread after thread after thread, all you guys do is complain.

"The white man is the victim"

"The white man is this."

You and racist cowards like you have no sense of yourself. You're a white male who has privilege yet you want to retain victimhood to suppress the reality that historically white males are a privileged bunch. Feminism has exposed it. Historical literature has shown it.

You ask "why do you live in the past?"

Nobody lives in the past. That question is as bad as asking why do schools teach history? As I said its about recognizing the elements that contribute to the evolution of the United States. But the more you racist cowards bring up race the more we all dwell in the so-called past.

Are you dumb enough to say slavery never happened?

your sorry ass has never been persecuted and neither has any of your ilk that constantly play the slavery card and constantly bitch about poor suffering black folks

Pathetic

Last edited:

How often am I here?

Better yet how often have you've seen me post anything about victimhood? Actually you, Matthew, and Squeezeberry complain more about race than anyone on the forum. I see you guys as the pot calling the kettle black. You guys talk about blacks and victimhood but as you can see in thread after thread after thread, all you guys do is complain.

"The white man is the victim"

"The white man is this."

You and racist cowards like you have no sense of yourself. You're a white male who has privilege yet you want to retain victimhood to suppress the reality that historically white males are a privileged bunch. Feminism has exposed it. Historical literature has shown it.

You ask "why do you live in the past?"

Nobody lives in the past. That question is as bad as asking why do schools teach history? As I said its about recognizing the elements that contribute to the evolution of the United States. But the more you racist cowards bring up race the more we all dwell in the so-called past.

we get it.

You feel inferior to white men and for good reason.

Walter Williams, Professor of Economics at George Mason University, writes a widespread column touching on many different issues of the American scene. He has long been on the record that there is nothing to defend or commend slavery--it is a tragic and terrible and horrible thing everywhere that it occurs. Nevertheless, he knows that he himself is infinitely better off because somebody captured his ancestors somewhere on the Ivory Coast and dragged them over here as slaves.

Excerpted from one of this columns on this subject published in 2000:

First off, let me say that I agree with reparations advocates that slavery was a horrible, despicable violation of basic human rights. I'd also agree that were it possible slave owners should make reparations to those whom they enslaved.

The problem, of course, is both slaves as well as their owners are all dead. Thus, punishing perpetrators and compensating victims is out of the hands of the living. Reparations advocates, however, want today's blacks to be compensated for the suffering of our ancestors.

If we acknowledge that government has no resources of its very own, and that to give one American a dollar government must first confiscate it from some other American, we might ask what moral principle justifies forcing a white of today to pay a black of today for what a white of yesteryear did to a black of yesteryear? We might also recognize that a large percentage of today's Americans, be they of European, Asian, African or Latin ancestry, don't even go back three or four generations. Are they to be held accountable and taxed for slavery and why?

Then there's the fact that white slave owners aren't the only villains in the piece. In Africa, Moslems dominated the slave trade in the 18th and 19th centuries. Africans also engaged in slave trade with Europeans. In fact, there was plantation slavery in some parts of Africa, such as the Sudan, Zanzibar and Egypt. Thus, a natural question arises: Do reparations advocates hold those who sold blacks into slavery subject to reparations payments? After all slavery, of the scale seen in the western hemisphere, would have been all but impossible without the help of Africans and Arabs. Incidentally, President Clinton apologizing for slavery in Africa, of all places, is stupid -- apologizing to descendants of slave traders for slavery in America.

Though it's not politically correct to say, today's blacks benefitted immensely from the horrors suffered by our ancestors. You say: "What do you mean, Williams? Would you run that by us?" Most black Americans are in the solid middle class. In fact, if we totaled the income black Americans earned each year, and thought of ourselves as a separate nation, we'd be the 14th or 15th richest nation. Even the 34 percent of blacks considered to be poor are fairly well off by world standards. Had there not been slavery, and today's blacks were born in Africa instead of the United States, we'd be living in the same poverty that today's Africans live in and under the same brutal regimes.

If reparations were to be made, then what? Would reparations payments accomplish what the 6 trillion dollars spent since 1965 on the War on Poverty didn't? Let's face the fact that there's not one thing anyone can do to change the past. There's a lot we can do about the future. Dwelling on the past comes at the expense of preparing for the future.
Walter Williams

Last edited:

Forum List

Back