White House takes on Glenn Beck

The misintepretation and sideways movements of the cons here remains worth the price of admission.

Obama is indeed the voice of his party. This country is better off than it was a year ago under Bush and the GOP.

And the American people know it. They threw out the bums and put in some good guys and gals.

That the losers are crying and whining should not surprise anyone. This particular group of Republicans have never accepted responsibility for their mistakes, so they will keep getting head slapped until they do. Let's move on.

More raw sewage from the keyboard of "Jake, King of the Unsubstantiated Statement."

What Was the unemployment rate last september? Oh yeah under 6%. whats it now 9.8%

What did Obama's admin promise about unemployment "if you pass the stimulus it wont go over 8%"

yeah we are doing SOOOO much better now.

Obama inherited a 6% unemployment rate and has shed jobs every month, even with his claims that us passing the stimulus would prevent this.

Sure buddy, i wish I could be blind and happy like you.
Do you think things would have been better under McCain?

Deflection.

nice....i wont deflect by calling out you're deflection of my point.

I'm not sure, it could have been better, the same, or worse. McCain lost by 6% of the vote so we will never know the answer to your question.
It wasn't a deflection, as you were not addressing me./ I simply read your words and wanted to know if you thought things would have been better had he been elected. That's all.

You answered it. Sort of.

Thanks.

Do you think things would have been better under McCain?

Deflection.

I'm not sure, it could have been better, the same, or worse. McCain lost by 6% of the vote so we will never know the answer to your question.
It wasn't a deflection, as you were not addressing me./ I simply read your words and wanted to know if you thought things would have been better had he been elected. That's all.

Thanks.

My bad i have a hangover and am in a curt mood today.

I'm not really sure.

Deflection.

Thanks.

My bad i have a hangover and am in a curt mood today.

I'm not really sure.
It's OK. No problem.

1.gif

I can relate. I was certainly in a rather foul mood yesterday. Ugh.
The sun is shining brightly now, the autumn leaves are alive with color and after a delicious cup of cocoa and a good nights sleep, the bitterness, the head pounding and the other irritations slip away.

I hope you feel better. Drink lots of water! I swear by it for any malady I am suffering. It seems to flush everything through.

All the best my friend!

It helps to read the quote in the context of the debate.

What was said prior:

And like I said, I thought the president of the U.S. was suppose to represent ALL Americans, rather than being the 'voice of our party'. I say this because I don't feel as if Obama represents non-Dems. Just my POV. In a rather roundabout way, I'm agreeing with you. :lol:
I never felt Bush represented me, and I think quite a few other Democrats felt similar.

He was however, the head of the party he represented.

He was also president, our president. Like it or not.
Two hats. It's possible to wear both, you know.

I'm not sure any of them wear two hats very well . . . .

The misintepretation and sideways movements of the cons here remains worth the price of admission.

Obama is indeed the voice of his party. This country is better off than it was a year ago under Bush and the GOP.

And the American people know it. They threw out the bums and put in some good guys and gals.

That the losers are crying and whining should not surprise anyone. This particular group of Republicans have never accepted responsibility for their mistakes, so they will keep getting head slapped until they do. Let's move on.

More raw sewage from the keyboard of "Jake, King of the Unsubstantiated Statement."

What's unsubstantiated? The unsupported GOP talking points. Rabbi is merely projecting his frustration out on me. That's OK, I can take it, while The Rab will explode eventually.

Now, point by point: you can't prove the country is worse off than last December because that is not so. The American people did throw out the bums, because that is so. You guys are whining and crying because you are getting head slapped, because that's so.

And like I said, I thought the president of the U.S. was suppose to represent ALL Americans, rather than being the 'voice of our party'. I say this because I don't feel as if Obama represents non-Dems. Just my POV. In a rather roundabout way, I'm agreeing with you. :lol:
I never felt Bush represented me, and I think quite a few other Democrats felt similar.

He was however, the head of the party he represented.

He was also president, our president. Like it or not.
Two hats. It's possible to wear both, you know.

I'm not sure any of them wear two hats very well . . . .
You may have a point with that.

What's unsubstantiated? The unsupported GOP talking points. Rabbi is merely projecting his frustration out on me. That's OK, I can take it, while The Rab will explode eventually.

Now, point by point: you can't prove the country is worse off than last December because that is not so. The American people did throw out the bums, because that is so. You guys are whining and crying because you are getting head slapped, because that's so.

How did we gain? we replaced one set of bums with another, imo, even scarier lot.:confused:

How did we gain? we replaced one set of bums with another, imo, even scarier lot.:confused:

Yea...yea....I've heard it my whole life

Everybodys a bum....all politicians are crooks......government sucks

Meanwhile, we have the most successful country in the history of mankind

Go figure

What's unsubstantiated? All of it. Every word you've written has no backing. It is merely gas-bagging on your part, talking out of your butt.
What metric would you like to use to determine if the US is better off today? GDP? Employment?

What's unsubstantiated? All of it. Every word you've written has no backing. It is merely gas-bagging on your part, talking out of your butt.
What metric would you like to use to determine if the US is better off today? GDP? Employment?
Race relations.

Go figure
That is coming to an end, the empire built on top of the republic is in free fall.

Race relations.
Yeah. We have an ex-president going around saying that opposition to Obama comes from racism. And he isn't the only one.

Race relations.
Yeah. We have an ex-president going around saying that opposition to Obama comes from racism. And he isn't the only one.

Do you have proof that none of it comes from racism??

Go figure

We have had a government that has had less control over it's people of any major nation in the world up untill now. One might think that could be one of the reasons?

Where has anyone said "none of it"? Of course there is still racism...there is racism with both white and black. But your adding something that was never stated Rightwinger.

In fact, racism has taken on a different posture than we saw in the 1950's. Back then, you could openly state your hatred of blacks. Now racism is much more subtle, it is misdirected to look like something else.

So "I hate Obama because he is black" can become "I hate Obama because he is a Marxist" or "I hate Obama because he is a Nazi" None of it is true...but the hatred is still there.

Now, Jimmy Carter never said that ALL opposition to Obama is racist, just like you can't claim that none of it is racist. In fact, its somewhere in the middle and because it is not overtly stated, we will never know

Where has anyone said "none of it"? Of course there is still racism...there is racism with both white and black. But your adding something that was never stated Rightwinger.

In fact, racism has taken on a different posture than we saw in the 1950's. Back then, you could openly state your hatred of blacks. Now racism is much more subtle, it is misdirected to look like something else.

So "I hate Obama because he is black" can become "I hate Obama because he is a Marxist" or "I hate Obama because he is a Nazi" None of it is true...but the hatred is still there.

Now, Jimmy Carter never said that ALL opposition to Obama is racist, just like you can't claim that none of it is racist. In fact, its somewhere in the middle and because it is not overtly stated, we will never know

So if someone says "I hate Obama because his policies are ridiculous" that's actually racist?
Is there some racism out there? Yes, but a whole lot less than the presidents amen corner would want to believe. To attribute opposition to racism is simply playing hte race card. It alienates those of us with legitimate opposing views. It increases racial friction, increases partisanship, and makes Democrats look pretty freakin stupid.

I call bullshit on this. Fact: there are and always will be racists. Everyone agrees with this. Fact: The majority of people who object to Obama DO NOT object to him because he is black. They don't give a shit that he's black. We object to his policies, his government power grab, the radicals he's appointed, his out of control continuous spending, etc. GET IT? The color of his skin isn't what we object to, the ideals and policies that make up who he is are what we object to. Can you comprehend this at all??? Take your race card and shove it.

So if someone says "I hate Obama because his policies are ridiculous" that's actually racist?
Is there some racism out there? Yes, but a whole lot less than the presidents amen corner would want to believe. To attribute opposition to racism is simply playing hte race card. It alienates those of us with legitimate opposing views. It increases racial friction, increases partisanship, and makes Democrats look pretty freakin stupid.

If you carry a sign that says "I hate Obama because his policies are ridiculous" there is probably very little chance racism is your prime motivation

If you carry a sign that says "Obama is a Nazi" or "Obama is a Marxist" you are either very gullible to right wing propaganda or a racist

Like I said, nobody knows for sure. However bringing racism out into the open is not detrimental. It needs to be discussed. It is the 800 lb gorilla in the room and can't be just ignored. Yes, people can oppose the President and not be the least bit racist. But that does not provide a free pass for the subtle undercurrent of racism

Forum List

Back