White House takes on Glenn Beck

Do you have proof that none of it comes from racism??

Where has anyone said "none of it"? Of course there is still racism...there is racism with both white and black. But your adding something that was never stated Rightwinger.

In fact, racism has taken on a different posture than we saw in the 1950's. Back then, you could openly state your hatred of blacks. Now racism is much more subtle, it is misdirected to look like something else.

So "I hate Obama because he is black" can become "I hate Obama because he is a Marxist" or "I hate Obama because he is a Nazi" None of it is true...but the hatred is still there.

Now, Jimmy Carter never said that ALL opposition to Obama is racist, just like you can't claim that none of it is racist. In fact, its somewhere in the middle and because it is not overtly stated, we will never know

Bullshit! If you think it's "somehwere in the middle', you have no idea what in the fuck your talking about. It's nowhere close to being in the middle. So don't even go down that path. Everyone that listened to Carter, knows exactly what he said, and it implied that people who don't agree with Obama are being racists.
So you were being racists against whites when you disagreed with Bush for 8 years. Yeah I guess I get it, I get that you don't know what the hell your even talking about.

Where has anyone said "none of it"? Of course there is still racism...there is racism with both white and black. But your adding something that was never stated Rightwinger.

In fact, racism has taken on a different posture than we saw in the 1950's. Back then, you could openly state your hatred of blacks. Now racism is much more subtle, it is misdirected to look like something else.

So "I hate Obama because he is black" can become "I hate Obama because he is a Marxist" or "I hate Obama because he is a Nazi" None of it is true...but the hatred is still there.

Now, Jimmy Carter never said that ALL opposition to Obama is racist, just like you can't claim that none of it is racist. In fact, its somewhere in the middle and because it is not overtly stated, we will never know

I call bullshit on this. Fact: there are and always will be racists. Everyone agrees with this. Fact: The majority of people who object to Obama DO NOT object to him because he is black. They don't give a shit that he's black. We object to his policies, his government power grab, the radicals he's appointed, his out of control continuous spending, etc. GET IT? The color of his skin isn't what we object to, the ideals and policies that make up who he is are what we object to. Can you comprehend this at all??? Take your race card and shove it.

I'm trying to have an open discussion about racism without namecalling or "playing the race card". Discussing racism does not mean playing the race card. I happen to agree with you. I think most of it is not racism. I think most of it is in fact partisan politics from the party that is out of power. Some people are in fact upset. Some are legitimately upset. Others have ulterior motives

Bullshit! If you think it's "somehwere in the middle', you have no idea what in the fuck your talking about. It's nowhere close to being in the middle. So don't even go down that path. Everyone that listened to Carter, knows exactly what he said, and it implied that people who don't agree with Obama are being racists.
So you were being racists against whites when you disagreed with Bush for 8 years. Yeah I guess I get it, I get that you don't know what the hell your even talking about.

Like I said, we have no idea where in the middle the true figure lies. Do you normally get so irate in discussing race? I have yet to attack you personally and have agreed with much of what you have posted. Race is something that needs to be discussed. It is part of our culture. To deny it exists does nobody any good.

Like I said, we have no idea where in the middle the true figure lies. Do you normally get so irate in discussing race? I have yet to attack you personally and have agreed with much of what you have posted. Race is something that needs to be discussed. It is part of our culture. To deny it exists does nobody any good.

No one has denied that racism exists.

People get upset when they object to Obama's policies and how he's handling things and get labled a racist for it. That's just bull.

I get tired of the left always bringing race up these days, and then say "oh were not saying it's race, but....."

Ok since we are having such a calm and civilized discussion about racism and the President lets kick it up a notch.

Is "birthers" motivation based on racism?

Are they really concerned that the President was born in Kenya?

Are they really just conspiracy theorists off on their next conspiracy?

Do they use the birther claims to question the legitimacy of the first black president?

Do you have proof that none of it comes from racism??

So...in other words, ANY reason to dislike Obama is racially motivated. Is that it? By that logic, what racial division did the left have with Bush. They had PLENTY of hate for Bush.

This arguement doesn't hold water. Hell, it doesn't hold ANYTHING. For the record, I don't HATE the man...I just don't care for him. You can call me a racist all you want to, but I don't care what color his skin is. He's not good for this country. He's not good for this crisis. He's not good for our future. He's not good for our safety.

Ok since we are having such a calm and civilized discussion about racism and the President lets kick it up a notch.

Is "birthers" motivation based on racism?

Are they really concerned that the President was born in Kenya?

Are they really just conspiracy theorists off on their next conspiracy?

Do they use the birther claims to question the legitimacy of the first black president?

No, it's not based on racism. It's based on they just want the long form released.

People get upset when they object to Obama's policies and how he's handling things and get labled a racist for it. That's just bull.

Last edited:

So if someone says "I hate Obama because his policies are ridiculous" that's actually racist?
Is there some racism out there? Yes, but a whole lot less than the presidents amen corner would want to believe. To attribute opposition to racism is simply playing hte race card. It alienates those of us with legitimate opposing views. It increases racial friction, increases partisanship, and makes Democrats look pretty freakin stupid.

If you carry a sign that says "I hate Obama because his policies are ridiculous" there is probably very little chance racism is your prime motivation

If you carry a sign that says "Obama is a Nazi" or "Obama is a Marxist" you are either very gullible to right wing propaganda or a racist

Like I said, nobody knows for sure. However bringing racism out into the open is not detrimental. It needs to be discussed. It is the 800 lb gorilla in the room and can't be just ignored. Yes, people can oppose the President and not be the least bit racist. But that does not provide a free pass for the subtle undercurrent of racism

No...racism has been discussed and discussed and discussed. The 800 lb gorilla is sitting in the corner exhausted from all the discussion and the left keeps dragging him into the center of the room and beating him some more. Jimmah Cottah is the biggest gorilla beater of them all. And his denial of what he said is outright laughable. Hell, even Bill Clinton heard what Carter said and denounced it. But the fact is, that ANY disagreement with this president by the right is labeled as racism....the reason is simple. THERE IS NO OTHER ARGUEMENT OR WAY TO DETRACT THE CRITICISM.

Man Chris Wallace was definitely right about this administration. They are by far the most whiny administration in History. Hopey Changey has a completely compliant & acquiescent Liberal dominated MSM engaging in embarrassing daily Boot-Licking yet he's still whining. Seems pretty pathetic to me. No President in History has received as much generous Media Boot-Licking as this President has. Yet he's still whining about the very few Media Outlets who still refuse to kneel and lick his boots. Maybe Hopey Changey should just close all media outlets that dare to criticize him Ala his hero Hugo Chavez? Let him take on Glenn Beck. Glenn Beck will win in the end. Seriously,this White House whining about media mistreatment really is just plain laughable.

So, Now we know where everyone stands...

Someone is holding up a poster of Obama dressed as a Witch Doctor with a bone through his nose

Does that person have an off kilter sense of humor?

Is that person a blatant racist?

Someone is holding up a poster of Obama dressed as a Witch Doctor with a bone through his nose

Who knows, who cares. That one doesn't speak for the masses.

We are discussing potential racism of Anti-Obama protesters. I am trying to establish the extremes

Why are you ducking a response?

Why would you think that is racist? What is racist about it?

We are discussing potential racism of Anti-Obama protesters. I am trying to establish the extremes

Why are you ducking a response?

I gave you a response. That one doesn't speak for the masses.

Why would you think that is racist? What is racist about it?

We have one vote

Anyone else?

Fail thread fo sho. Zoom gave the most logical & common sense answer to the original poster's Race-Baiting accusations. Just because you don't like the answer doesn't mean that the "question" wasn't answered. Kudos to Zoom. :)

Forum List

Back