White House: "We won't coddle rioters" - it's about damn time!

Cracking down on protests....are the rightwing THAT thinskinned they have to silence dissent?

No violence is acceptable. But free speech and protesting are an American right.

Cracking down on rioters, looters and violent "disrupters" ... not cracking down on free speech or protesting. Where did you get "cracking down on protests?"

I think it could very easily cross the line into cracking down on protests.
based on what? gives some fking precedence rather than your opinion of hate.

Based on what has happened before, for example under Nixon. Based on protests that have turned violent because of implanted agitators. Maintaining free speech is a very delicate balance because it means having to tolerate offensive stuff rather than shut it down. That's why I oppose actual government censorship of "fake news", and why I support the rights of groups like the Westboro Baptists to do their thing.

What does my "opinion of hate" have to do with anything?

The days of capitulating to those that hurt the innocent are gone!

The air actually smells sweeter - anyone else notice???

Trump White House vows it won’t coddle ‘the rioter, the looter, or the violent disrupter’

Under the heading, “Standing Up For Our Law Enforcement Community,” the Trump administration promised a reduction in violent crime, a border wall to keep out illegal immigrants and “more law enforcement, more community engagement, and more effective policing.” The administration hinted at a crackdown on protests — “Our job is not to make life more comfortable for the rioter, the looter, or the violent disrupter,” it said, perhaps taking a subtle swipe at the Black Lives Matter movement.

“It is the first duty of government to keep the innocent safe, and President Donald Trump will fight for the safety of every American, and especially those Americans who have not known safe neighborhoods for a very long time,” the administration said.

LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!:clap: :2up: :clap2:

apologies for my enthusiasm .....but today is a beautiful and a memorable day my brothers and sisters!!!!!! :mm::mm::mm:

Cracking down on protests....are the rightwing THAT thinskinned they have to silence dissent?

No violence is acceptable. But free speech and protesting are an American right.

Cracking down on rioters, looters and violent "disrupters" ... not cracking down on free speech or protesting. Where did you get "cracking down on protests?"

Based on what has happened before, for example under Nixon. Based on protests that have turned violent because of implanted agitators. Maintaining free speech is a very delicate balance because it means having to tolerate offensive stuff rather than shut it down. That's why I oppose actual government censorship of "fake news", and why I support the rights of groups like the Westboro Baptists to do their thing.

so you're going back to the sixties? So you believe the country hasn't moved on since then? you're just full of fakey akey pretendland today. It's all you can do to stay relevant I guess. You're a poor little thing.

so you're going back to the sixties? So you believe the country hasn't moved on since then? you're just full of fakey akey pretendland today. It's all you can do to stay relevant I guess. You're a poor little thing.

I think it's very easy to step over the line.

Let me know when you are capable of discussing things in an adult manner :)

That's funny.

Violent crime has been steadily decreasing and now stands at the lowest rate in over 25 years. I don't know what air you've been smelling.

191219.png
ROFLMMFAO... I live on the SW side of Chicago...
Were we excluded from the tally?

Violence is down, employment is up, the economy is strong,
Hillary is ahead in the polls, Trump doesn't stand a chance,
and Obama is leaving office with a 60% approval rating...

You are the weakest link...good bye

Next!

Violent clime has showed a steady downward decline for the past 25 years, with a slight upward spike in 2015: True
Hillary was ahead in the Polls: True
The fact that the polls got their PREDICTIONS wrong is also True.
Obama is leaving office with a 60% approval rating: True
Unemployment is down, employment is up: True (and compare it to what Obama inherited when he came into office).
The economy is strong: True
Violent clime has showed a steady downward decline for the past 25 years, with a slight upward spike in 2015: True
Hillary was ahead in the Polls: True
The fact that the polls got their PREDICTIONS wrong is also True.
Obama is leaving office with a 60% approval rating: True
Unemployment is down, employment is up: True (and compare it to what Obama inherited when he came into office).
The economy is strong: True
O M G...ok, first of all, you're trusting
what the government is releasing...hello look

I don't have time to go over the violence data,
like a fine tooth comb on a head of lice, but I will.

Polls are predictions...if they are administered correctly,
they are an indicator to probability, not likelihood.

Obama has a 60% approval rating
OUT OF 1,005 PEOPLE SURVEYED

60% approval rating and only 23%
view him as the greatest president?

LIFE IS IN SESSION, ARE YOU PRESENT?

The economy IS NOT strong
Employment IS NOT what the numbers say

Obama DOES NOT have a 60% approval rating
Hillary DID NOT receive the amount of votes they say

Aarrrrgggg, why are so many people lacking common sense?
Where the fuck has logic and common sense gone?

I think it's very easy to step over the line.

Let me know when you are capable of discussing things in an adult manner :)
well you haven't demonstrated any knowledge you know that to be true. If you really wish to be adult about it, post up evidence that those things happen today. Fk, with all of the protests over the last two years, the only thing that has happened is that violence from protesters was ignored. I call to you Ferguson, Baltimore, Dallas, Atlanta, Chicago, you think you're an adult, then act like one.

Burning cars, breaking windows, assaulting innocent people is NOT protesting.

Of course it's not!

Let the full force of the Law fall on them all. :thup:

No more coddling to rioters! No more.

That's funny.

Violent crime has been steadily decreasing and now stands at the lowest rate in over 25 years. I don't know what air you've been smelling.

191219.png
as firearm ownership went up

crime went down

--LOL

sweet
except in inner cities where no one on the left thinks they need attention. Trump's the first president I've ever heard comment on fixing the inner city mess.

hell, I live in a suburb of Chicago and I don't hear the democrat mayor or the republican governor ever talk about it. These poor folks are always ignored. Trump speaks about helping them and the left loses their lunch. fk you all.

That's funny.

191219.png

crime went down

--LOL

sweet
except in inner cities where no one on the left thinks they need attention. Trump's the first president I've ever heard comment on fixing the inner city mess.

yes trump has seen the problems the leftists has caused in the inner city

they pretty much have turned them into de facto reservation systems

that poor treatment is about to end

That's funny.

191219.png

crime went down

--LOL

sweet

Correlation does not necessarily mean causation.

As obesity rates have gone up, crime rates have gone down.

Think there's a link there? Criminals to fat to go criming?

That's funny.

191219.png

crime went down

--LOL

sweet

How specifically? Given that every president has sought to address poverty....I'd be curious as to what new ideas he actually has.

That's funny.

191219.png

crime went down

--LOL

sweet

How specifically? Given that every president has sought to address poverty....I'd be curious as to what new ideas he actually has.
well, unless you have a time machine and can come back and tell us, you'll have to watch and learn. eh?

Or are you going to do your projection thingy and predict failure?

That's funny.

191219.png

crime went down

--LOL

sweet

Correlation does not necessarily mean causation.

As obesity rates have gone up, crime rates have gone down.

Think there's a link there? Criminals to fat to go criming?

--LOL

nice to hear a anti gun nut say guns and crime are not related

so from here on in you are not going to support gun control

--LOL

That's funny.

191219.png

crime went down

--LOL

sweet

how many years has the left represented those areas

50 years

and each year it gets worse

it is almost as if the leftist leaders need those people to be desperately poor

it is a time for a change

What Caused the Two-Decade Dip in Crime Rates? Not ‘Good Guys with Guns.’

Defensive gun use is too rare for “good guys with guns” to significantly lower crime rates.
The first mechanism through which permit holders and concealed carry laws could be reducing crime is through direct deterrence, which occurs when an armed civilian uses a gun in self-defense, thereby stopping a crime. The NRA and gun advocates frequently tout surveys conducted by criminologist Gary Kleck indicating that there are around 2.5 million defensive gun uses every year, which would mean millions of criminals being directly deterred from crime.

However, widespread defensive gun use is a myth. The survey results used to extrapolate millions of DGUs suffer from a severe false positive problem and present crime prevention numbers that are mathematically impossible. In fact, as we have detailed in previous articles, not only is defensive gun use no more effective at preventing injury than taking no action at all during a crime, but the best empirical evidence to date from the Gun Violence Archive could also only find 1,600 verified DGUs in 2014. This means that 99.936 percent of Kleck’s claimed DGUs are nowhere to be found, despite those very surveys stating that more than 50 percent of DGUs are reported to the police (meaning there should be a record of them). With so few DGUs, it is not possible for permit holders and concealed carry laws to be reducing crime through direct deterrence.

People’s estimates of concealed carry rates are wildly off — so concealed carry can’t be indirectly deterring criminals, either.
The second way permit holders and concealed carry laws could be reducing crime is through indirect deterrence — when criminals are deterred by the mere threat of confronting an armed civilian. As Lott states, “By the very nature of these guns being concealed, criminals are unable to tell whether the victim is armed before they strike, thus raising criminals’ expected costs for committing many types of crimes.” If criminals perceive that the risk of encountering an armed civilian has increased, they will likely avoid that jurisdiction and choose a different venue for their illegal activities, or not commit the act at all. This requires that criminals are actually sensitive to the prevalence of guns in their environment, and are particularly aware of changes made to state legislation that could potentially influence the quantity of concealed carriers. Until recently, no studies had challenged these assumptions.

Research published last year by Dr. Fortunato of the University of California examined the feasibility of indirect deterrence by conducting a survey asking 1,000 citizens to estimate how many people (out of 1,000) carry a gun in their state. These responses were then cross-referenced with their state’s concealed carry policy (“may issue”, “shall issue”, or “no policy”) and the number of active permits in the state. The paper also controlled for other factors that may influence a population’s belief about the concentration of perceived concealed carriers, such as the depth of legal and illegal firearm market, measurements of state ideology, and rates of firearm violence.

The paper found no statistically significant relationship between a states’ concealed carry policy and people’s perception of the number of firearm carriers in their state. As Fortunato states: “Because beliefs over the distribution of firearm carriers are impervious to permitting policies and do not respond positively to the true distribution of carriers,” increasing the number of concealed carry permits in a state “cannot deter crime.” In other words, people cannot be deterred by the number of permit holders if, on average, people have no clue how prevalent those permits actually are. The paper goes on to concluded that by passing concealed carry laws — which likely increased gun ownership nationwide — “at best, we increase the probability of accidental discharge. At worst, these policies open the door for more violent, potentially deadly, escalations of altercations — altercations that may have ended peacefully if not for the presence of a firearm.”....

We don’t know what caused the big two decade drop in crime rates. We do know it wasn’t concealed carry.
So if concealed carry cannot be responsible for the significant, two decade drop in crime rates, what is? A report from the Brennan Center for Justice published earlier this year sought to tackle that question. Analyzing 40 years of data from all 50 states, the report examined a number of potential causal factors, including RTC laws, and found that the most likely causes were various demographic and socioeconomic factors, the end of the crack cocaine epidemic, and superior policing techniques. However, even these factors were insufficient to explain the entire crime decrease, and the authors concluded that we still don’t fully know why crime dropped precipitously.

But what we do know is that rigorous studies on RTC laws and permit holders, combined with empirical data on defensive gun use and studies of people’s perception of gun prevalence, provide powerful evidence that concealed carry does not reduce crime.

This study was proven fraudulent Coyote. They only counted DGU's where someone got shot. The reality is the overwhelming majority of DGU's no gun is fired. Merely showing the weapon stops the crime. This was a particularly poor piece of propaganda.

There doesn't seem to be any correlation that it has effected crime rates however.

There is. In a study of every county in the USA, those counties where it was easiest to obtain a CCW were also the least violent, and had the lowest crime rate overall. I will try and find the study again and link it to you.

That's funny.

191219.png

crime went down

--LOL

sweet

50 years

Trump nailed it when he said the only time the left talk about them is at election time when they need their vote.

crime went down

--LOL

sweet

50 years

Trump nailed it when he said the only time the left talk about them is at election time when they need their vote.

exactly ever watch obamas forgotten people

eye opener

That's funny.

191219.png

Tell that to the almost 4500 people that got shot in Democrat controlled Chicago in 2016. Of course almost 800 of them are dead so you may have difficultly getting an answer out of them.
Those 2nd Amendment solutions.....don't you love them?

Forum List

Back