White man who intentionally drove into racial injustice protesters avoids prison, may have record expunged

After spending 76 days in jail, a white man who intentionally drove his vehicle through a crowd of racial injustice protesters in Iowa City over the summer will have his record cleared and avoid prison if he stays out of trouble during three years of probation.

Michael Ray Stepanek, 45, of Iowa City, drove his 1998 Toyota Camry through a group of protesters in late August, injuring at least one, according to police.

Stepanek told police the protesters needed "an attitude adjustment." He was charged days later with one count of assault while displaying a dangerous weapon, an aggravated misdemeanor, and one count of willful injury causing bodily harm, a class D felony.

But last month, a district court judge dismissed the first charge and deferred the second. Judge Paul Miller also suspended a $1,025 civil fine, according to court filings.

White man who intentionally drove into racial injustice protesters avoids prison, may have record expunged (msn.com)

This is just another example of 2 Justice Systems in this country.

76 days in jail was not long enough for this hater.

Now that is an incredibly bad decision because it was not disputed that this trash drove through people on purpose he even acknowledged it with his words of insanity:

Stepanek told police the protesters needed "an attitude adjustment."

Meanwhile even his his lawyer knows he was guilty:

Stepanek's lawyer, Assistant State Public Defender John W. Bruzek, said in a statement that his client was "remorseful" for his actions. Bruzek said Stepanek had been "inundated" with "propaganda" that characterized protesters as "criminal, thugs, terrorists," which he initially used to justify his actions.

"He apologizes for his conduct and to those he harmed. Michael is being held to account with a full and clear recognition of how much worse things may have been," the statement said.

3 years on probation is a slap on the wrist, he should have been punished more deeply. in a jail.

After spending 76 days in jail, a white man who intentionally drove his vehicle through a crowd of racial injustice protesters in Iowa City over the summer will have his record cleared and avoid prison if he stays out of trouble during three years of probation.

Michael Ray Stepanek, 45, of Iowa City, drove his 1998 Toyota Camry through a group of protesters in late August, injuring at least one, according to police.

Stepanek told police the protesters needed "an attitude adjustment." He was charged days later with one count of assault while displaying a dangerous weapon, an aggravated misdemeanor, and one count of willful injury causing bodily harm, a class D felony.

But last month, a district court judge dismissed the first charge and deferred the second. Judge Paul Miller also suspended a $1,025 civil fine, according to court filings.

White man who intentionally drove into racial injustice protesters avoids prison, may have record expunged (msn.com)

Happy DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is indeed Good NEWS---------

Maybe the rioters need to stop trying to terrorize drivers and other people.

Well did anyone really expect anything else from you.

Not my fault that you think that drivers should not be allowed to get away from violent thugs surrounding their vehicles and attacking their vehicle by running over the attackers.

The fault is in you that thinks that the everyday person should be victimized and is not allowed to do anything about it.......

Does that sound like he was trying to get away from violent thugs. You are racist trash.
I agree with him----the protestors aka rioters and thugs attacking innocent people and vehicals need an attitude adjustment. I'd run over their idiot asses as well.

You still don't get it...like you have no moral compass to tell you right from wrong-----your criminal blm and antifa have no right to try intimidate and harass and attack people in the roadways or anywhere else. Do it to me, and I will run you over and likely do a donut or two on your heads or shoot you.

So you don't have a problem with the woman who was just killed at the Capitol. Antifa ain't mine that is your cousins, aunts, brothers, uncles, etc. So I guess in your racist twisted mind the cop who was crushed at the Capitol deserved it. Tough internet broad, you wouldn't do shit, I have heard so many folks talk about what they would do if they were here or there. When the moment of truth comes they shit their pants and that is all your coward ass would do.

It was as it should be.

It should have been putting his ass in prison and turning him loose in the Gen pop.

Happy DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is indeed Good NEWS---------

Maybe the rioters need to stop trying to terrorize drivers and other people.

Well did anyone really expect anything else from you.

Not my fault that you think that drivers should not be allowed to get away from violent thugs surrounding their vehicles and attacking their vehicle by running over the attackers.

The fault is in you that thinks that the everyday person should be victimized and is not allowed to do anything about it.......

Does that sound like he was trying to get away from violent thugs. You are racist trash.
If thugs are attacking your car, they need an attitude adjustment. Whats the confusion here?

Shithead no one was attacking his car, you racist stick together I will give you that.

whats him being white have to do with it???

Good question, do you think he served his time?
considering the events of the crime he spent to much time and should have had all charges dropped

So it is ok for a white man to just drive his car through a group of protestors.
its OK for anyone thats surrounded by a violent mob to do what ever it takes to protect themselves,,

and what does his skin color have to do with it???
View attachment 440359
Stepanek’s attorney John Bruzek said his client was influenced by social media and political rhetoric characterizing the protesters as dangerous criminals. Stepanek initially believed he was legally justified but has come to see he was wrong and apologized, Bruzek said.

Police say Stepanek became enraged when he was stopped behind other vehicles after protesters blocked an intersection. He honked his horn then made a U-turn, squealing his tires to turn around

Then, he shut off his lights, drove around the block, and turned onto a downtown street where there were no vehicles between him and the protesters, police say. Video shows his car striking multiple protesters, dragging one on his hood, before speeding off.

Well there you go. Just like the Delegate from WV that was arrested, the blame gets put on Trump.
Blame for what? Arresting him was a mistake and now they are expunging his record.

You're right, shooting his coward ass would have been better.

76 days is too long when you have 'the right of way'.

Nothing wrong with righteous hatred...in fact it is a Biblical precept.

There is no hatred in my Bible. Maybe you need to get a new one? There is also little to nothing worse than defending your hate with religion.

You need to study your Bible more......

"God, I wish you would kill the wicked!
Get away from me, you murderers!
They say evil things about you.
Your enemies use your name thoughtlessly.
Lord, I hate those who hate you;
I hate those who rise up against you.
I feel only hate for them;
they are my enemies"(Psalm 139:19–22

I have and I understand that the OT was negated by the life and words of Jesus.

You need to study more....nothing in the Holy Bible is negated whatsoever.

Are you still stoning people for adultery?

“He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her.”

John 8:7

Permissable Hatred under Jewish Law:

Are you Jewish?

I'm not.

Are you saying that this country adopt other cultures beliefs as our laws?

considering the events of the crime he spent to much time and should have had all charges dropped

So it is ok for a white man to just drive his car through a group of protestors.
its OK for anyone thats surrounded by a violent mob to do what ever it takes to protect themselves,,

He brought the violence, when was he in danger?
Uhm no they did by playing in the streets

Nothing wrong with righteous hatred...in fact it is a Biblical precept.

There is no hatred in my Bible. Maybe you need to get a new one? There is also little to nothing worse than defending your hate with religion.

You need to study your Bible more......

"God, I wish you would kill the wicked!
Get away from me, you murderers!
They say evil things about you.
Your enemies use your name thoughtlessly.
Lord, I hate those who hate you;
I hate those who rise up against you.
I feel only hate for them;
they are my enemies"(Psalm 139:19–22

I have and I understand that the OT was negated by the life and words of Jesus.

You need to study more....nothing in the Holy Bible is negated whatsoever.

Are you still stoning people for adultery?

“He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her.”

John 8:7

Permissable Hatred under Jewish Law:

Are you Jewish?

I'm not.

Are you saying that this country adopt other cultures beliefs as our laws?
Where you born last night?

Why do BLM and ANTIFA protestors feel entitled to block traffic and/or assault drivers? I’d like to see the details of this case. Did this Main who happens to be white intentionally go into blocked off area with a permit or did protestors take over a street to infringe traffic and assault drivers?

76 days is too long when you have 'the right of way'.

You mean it's too long when you are a right wing, white man.

Why do BLM and ANTIFA protestors feel entitled to block traffic and/or assault drivers? I’d like to see the details of this case. Did this Main who happens to be white intentionally go into blocked off area with a permit or did protestors take over a street to infringe traffic and assault drivers?

So anyone who gets in the street is fair game.

So do you run over children that are playing in the street, are they fair game as well.

So do you run over children that are playing in the street, are they fair game as well.
These are not children, wait the left thinks my fellow American blacks are

View attachment 440359
Stepanek’s attorney John Bruzek said his client was influenced by social media and political rhetoric characterizing the protesters as dangerous criminals. Stepanek initially believed he was legally justified but has come to see he was wrong and apologized, Bruzek said.

Police say Stepanek became enraged when he was stopped behind other vehicles after protesters blocked an intersection. He honked his horn then made a U-turn, squealing his tires to turn around

Then, he shut off his lights, drove around the block, and turned onto a downtown street where there were no vehicles between him and the protesters, police say. Video shows his car striking multiple protesters, dragging one on his hood, before speeding off.

I kind of understand why Stepanek is angry for being born one of the ugliest men in America!

What does white have to do with it? These lowlifes have been stopping traffic all across the country, stopping emergency crews from getting to emergencies. How would you like it if your mother died from a heart attack because the ambulance had to detour taking it ten minutes longer to get to her house?

This has to stop. The only way to stop criminal behavior is with a strong enough deterrent. The more people that get ran over, the less of them will be out in the street causing trouble. It's why the Governor of Florida is trying to pass a law making it legal to run through a group of people blocking the streets, and I hope it passes so nobody goes to jail next time.

when they blocked the road and surrounded him,,,

whats his skin color got to do with it???

What does white have to do with it? These lowlifes have been stopping traffic all across the country, stopping emergency crews from getting to emergencies. How would you like it if your mother died from a heart attack because the ambulance had to detour taking it ten minutes longer to get to her house?

This has to stop. The only way to stop criminal behavior is with a strong enough deterrent. The more people that get ran over, the less of them will be out in the street causing trouble. It's why the Governor of Florida is trying to pass a law making it legal to run through a group of people blocking the streets, and I hope it passes so nobody goes to jail next time.

Had someone mercifully flattened a bunch of MAGA-hatters on their march to the violent insurrection, you'd be singing a different tune - GUARANTEED.

Forum List

Back