White people to the back!

Gee a taste of the medicine black Americans*** experienced, and many still experience, sure pisses off white people who lack empathy, i.e. the callous conservative set.
Those black people were NEVER told over a megaphone to "get to behind the white people" in their lives. MAYBE their parents or grand parents, but not them. As for lack of empathy, where is YOUR empathy for white people, now that its 2016 and racism has swung the other direction? You cant just denounce one type of racism while accepting other types of racism, let alone tell them to suck it up. Thats incredibly hypocritical and just flat out shitty.

I'm a white people, a mutt, but white (equally German and French on both my dad and mom's side, with one great grandparent born in Italy and one in Romania, all catholic but for my Romanian ancestor who was Jewish). None of the lines came to the US until c. 1860.

Ever heard of Rosa Parks? My first understanding of Jim Crow was in the last 50's. A schoolmate went to the South to visit his sister who was stationed in the deep south (I don't recall the state). He recounted seeing things which didn't exist in San Francisco where we grew up; signs of Whites Only on drinking fountains, rest rooms and restaurants. At 12 or 13 I was appalled by such inhumanity, sadly I thought we had grown out of this evilness, but reading the posts on this message board disabused me of that notion.
It will be okay as long as the whites go to the back. Right?

I would have told that Aunt Jemima looking heifer to pound sand

Gee a taste of the medicine black Americans*** experienced, and many still experience, sure pisses off white people who lack empathy, i.e. the callous conservative set.
Those black people were NEVER told over a megaphone to "get to behind the white people" in their lives. MAYBE their parents or grand parents, but not them. As for lack of empathy, where is YOUR empathy for white people, now that its 2016 and racism has swung the other direction? You cant just denounce one type of racism while accepting other types of racism, let alone tell them to suck it up. Thats incredibly hypocritical and just flat out shitty.

I'm a white people, a mutt, but white (equally German and French on both my dad and mom's side, with one great grandparent born in Italy and one in Romania, all catholic but for my Romanian ancestor who was Jewish). None of the lines came to the US until c. 1860.

Ever heard of Rosa Parks? My first understanding of Jim Crow was in the last 50's. A schoolmate went to the South to visit his sister who was stationed in the deep south (I don't recall the state). He recounted seeing things which didn't exist in San Francisco where we grew up; signs of Whites Only on drinking fountains, rest rooms and restaurants. At 12 or 13 I was appalled by such inhumanity, sadly I thought we had grown out of this evilness, but reading the posts on this message board disabused me of that notion.

I would have told that Aunt Jemima looking heifer to pound sand
I think many whites did by leaving. That was the appropriate response. Walk away.

Staw Man ^^^

EQUAL BEFORE THE LAW!

Laws can't change the opinion of bigots, racists or fools - so I won't bother to explain any more to someone like you.

Staw Man ^^^

EQUAL BEFORE THE LAW!

Laws can't change the opinion of bigots, racists or fools - so I won't bother to explain any more to someone like you.
What are ewe babbling about?

Staw Man ^^^

EQUAL BEFORE THE LAW!

That your opinion is an opinion opined by bigots, racists and fools. That someone like you is someone who is a intolerant of others, hates people that they have never met based on their skin color or ethnicity, and is easily fooled - just like you Willow Tree.

Staw Man ^^^

EQUAL BEFORE THE LAW!

That your opinion is an opinion opined by bigots, racists and fools. That someone like you is someone who is a intolerant of others, hates people that they have never met based on their skin color or ethnicity, and is easily fooled - just like you Willow Tree.
My opinion is that if white people are in a group of racists who tell them to get in back then the best option is to walk away, I would tell black people the same if they were faced with a white racist telling them to get in back. And you object to this why exactly?

Pity the poor Republicans.

Their division tactics flopped hard.

And they've got nothing left.

Losing big now stares them in the face.

They're not taking it well.

Staw Man ^^^

EQUAL BEFORE THE LAW!

My opinion is that if white people are in a group of racists who tell them to get in back then the best option is to walk away, I would tell black people the same if they were faced with a white racist telling them to get in back. And you object to this why exactly?

Wow, that almost makes sense. In both cases common sense suggests you walk away.

White people are stupid to show up for a hate group rally in the first place.
Most kkk rallies are stupid so stupid people tend to show up.
I was just thinking that! KKK has a guy with 3 teeth that are tobacco stained, heavy drawl, spitting between sentences and maybe scratching his crotch as he makes a speech in their behalf. Stupid is as stupid does. However, if someone better trained and with a tad less tolerant...they would have gotten more members perhaps. I'm betting they are getting A LOT of new members now, though, whereas they have been pretty stagnant for some years.

BLM needs well spoken people to do the representing. Not angry ones spitting on people trying to help...regardless of skin color. Which is what KKKs prob is. They hate blacks, jews, hispanics, you-name-it.

but...

black people are more violent than the KKK and hate everyone else including themselves

Staw Man ^^^

EQUAL BEFORE THE LAW!

Wow, that almost makes sense. In both cases common sense suggests you walk away.
So why did you object?

Gerrymandering has to be done to a certain level based on two SCOTUS decisions in the 1960s. In order to meet the like population requirement, lines have to be drawn in ways others than squares. People don't live in squares.
Do you agree with all SCOTUS decisions?

People don't live in convoluted strips either.
GERRYMANDERING1.png

People live in ways (rural vs urban) where drawing odd shaped districts is the only way to meet the law established by the SCOTUS.
Agreed, but gerrymandering is part of the problem, not part of the solution.

"The natural progress of things is for liberty to yeild, and government to gain ground." -- Thomas Jefferson, 1788

"A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have." -- Gerald Ford, Presidential address to a joint session of Congress (12 August 1974)

When Jefferson stated that, the SCOTUS hadn't rule on the one person, one vote concept.

Gerald Ford didn't make that quote. When he said it, did he give credit to the person making the original statement? With gerrymandering, the government isn't giving anyone something or taking it away. The party in power in the state government is benefiting from having control of the state government.

My state has 7 districts. 6 are red and 1 is blue. To look on a map, the red districts have somewhat regular shaped boundaries. The blue district looks like a glove with all the "finger" it has. The difference between them is that the red ones follow, as closely as possible, county boundaries while the blue district, the one purposely created with a majority minority is a glove in order for the "fingers" to reach to get in more people based solely on something, that if used to split, would be wrong.

Gerrymandering has to be done to a certain level based on two SCOTUS decisions in the 1960s. In order to meet the like population requirement, lines have to be drawn in ways others than squares. People don't live in squares.

GERRYMANDERING1.png

People live in ways (rural vs urban) where drawing odd shaped districts is the only way to meet the law established by the SCOTUS.

GERRYMANDERING1.png

LOL: ^^^ a LIE of omission, or a biddable fool?

Why don't you explain why it's wrong to use race to divide congressional districts and split the votes of blacks yet OK to create districts with the sole purpose of making sure a black gets elected.

The gerrymandering of the 6th district in SC was much like affirmative action. It used race to benefit a group and guarantee that a black would get elected when he/she otherwise wouldn't.

I was just thinking that! KKK has a guy with 3 teeth that are tobacco stained, heavy drawl, spitting between sentences and maybe scratching his crotch as he makes a speech in their behalf. Stupid is as stupid does. However, if someone better trained and with a tad less tolerant...they would have gotten more members perhaps. I'm betting they are getting A LOT of new members now, though, whereas they have been pretty stagnant for some years.

BLM needs well spoken people to do the representing. Not angry ones spitting on people trying to help...regardless of skin color. Which is what KKKs prob is. They hate blacks, jews, hispanics, you-name-it.

but...

black people are more violent than the KKK and hate everyone else including themselves

Why (the answer is not a simple one), if your opinion has merit?

GERRYMANDERING1.png

"The natural progress of things is for liberty to yeild, and government to gain ground." -- Thomas Jefferson, 1788

"A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have." -- Gerald Ford, Presidential address to a joint session of Congress (12 August 1974)

When Jefferson stated that, the SCOTUS hadn't rule on the one person, one vote concept.

Gerald Ford didn't make that quote. When he said it, did he give credit to the person making the original statement? With gerrymandering, the government isn't giving anyone something or taking it away. The party in power in the state government is benefiting from having control of the state government.

My state has 7 districts. 6 are red and 1 is blue. To look on a map, the red districts have somewhat regular shaped boundaries. The blue district looks like a glove with all the "finger" it has. The difference between them is that the red ones follow, as closely as possible, county boundaries while the blue district, the one purposely created with a majority minority is a glove in order for the "fingers" to reach to get in more people based solely on something, that if used to split, would be wrong.

LOL

but...

Why (the answer is not a simple one), if your opinion has merit?

facts are not opinions

GERRYMANDERING1.png

LOL

I laugh, too, knowing the only way a black can get elected to that seat is because race was used to create a district where he had a guaranteed advantage.

Forum List

Back