White people to the back!

I get what he is saying, Irish. It took me awhile to get what *** (my black friend) meant, too. A long time and actually LISTEN to what he was saying. And this after he spiraled down.

My ex roomie that I miss and wish would come back....same with him. BUT...his job is working with at risk kids...black and white....juveniles. So not only is he big brother to these kids, he gets paid for it, and he gets BOTH worlds. And believe me...there are two worlds for these folks. Being white myself, I have my flaws and I still don't "get it"...just like with my OP where I was peeved until my brain opened up. It happens from time to time, lol.
Its all perspective. From where you are sitting you can really only guess at anothers persons perspective. I remember the first time this guy told me he grew up next door to a cop and he thought all cops were heroes. I was floored because my reality was totally different from his.

Off topic for a sec.....

Just getting to know my ex roomie, I joked with him and then felt awful because I wondered if I said the wrong thing...until he did a comeback and we both busted up. The hallway is really dark. We have ran into each other many times cuz I just didn't see him, so I put a night light in there. I told him "it's so black in this hallway, eventually I will bump into you while you are holding your hot coffee cuz you blend in so well"....and his reply was "that nightlight is so bright, I could do the same to you". :lol:

I get what he is saying, Irish. It took me awhile to get what *** (my black friend) meant, too. A long time and actually LISTEN to what he was saying. And this after he spiraled down.

My ex roomie that I miss and wish would come back....same with him. BUT...his job is working with at risk kids...black and white....juveniles. So not only is he big brother to these kids, he gets paid for it, and he gets BOTH worlds. And believe me...there are two worlds for these folks. Being white myself, I have my flaws and I still don't "get it"...just like with my OP where I was peeved until my brain opened up. It happens from time to time, lol.
Its all perspective. From where you are sitting you can really only guess at anothers persons perspective. I remember the first time this guy told me he grew up next door to a cop and he thought all cops were heroes. I was floored because my reality was totally different from his.
I guess my signline says it all, eh? Because again..it is all perspective. Theirs AND my own. And sometimes (often) the two clash.

Thats what happens with most white people. One of the hardest things I had to do was break up with this girl I was with for a year because she was white. Nothing else was wrong but she was never going to understand me simply because she was not Black. Her world and experiences kept her from understanding what I am about.
I'm curious. Did the same thing apply in the other direction?

Thats what happens with most white people. One of the hardest things I had to do was break up with this girl I was with for a year because she was white. Nothing else was wrong but she was never going to understand me simply because she was not Black. Her world and experiences kept her from understanding what I am about.
I'm curious. Did the same thing apply in the other direction?
I dont think so. She always said I knew her better than she knew herself.

Smart. Move. I dont have a problem with whites marching but they do need to recognize this is a Black issue and should be Black led. Too often letting whites in positions of leadership for Black causes either makes us look weak or creates a convenient spy network.
Maybe lib whites will learn there is no reasoning with insanity
You think its insanity to stand up for yourself without having a white savior?
No, actually I think it is incredibly racist to think that the color of your skin somehow means you should get special privilege.

But, hey, if you're looking for an excuse for the crime, drugs, and deaths, blaming whitey certainly is a convenient foil. That way, you don't have to look at the truth.

So black can understand white but white cannot understand black. That's a difficult concept for me to grasp, but I guess we have different experiences of other cultures.

Smart. Move. I dont have a problem with whites marching but they do need to recognize this is a Black issue and should be Black led. Too often letting whites in positions of leadership for Black causes either makes us look weak or creates a convenient spy network.
No, actually I think it is incredibly racist to think that the color of your skin somehow means you should get special privilege.

But, hey, if you're looking for an excuse for the crime, drugs, and deaths, blaming whitey certainly is a convenient foil. That way, you don't have to look at the truth.
I agree. Your white ancestors were incredibly racist for intentionally keeping Blacks from out competing them by making laws and establishing racism to keep Blacks from being successful.

So black can understand white but white cannot understand black. That's a difficult concept for me to grasp, but I guess we have different experiences of other cultures.
To be honest i dont really understand most white people. She just said I knew her better than she knew herself. I dont know why she felt that way though.

...get your shit eating head out of your ass. Lol

Yeah dumb fuck, let them lead then. Leading is more than where you stand in line physically. The lady is only showing her insecurity, NOT leading, again this shows your small minded view just like hers. If you have to tell a white person to stand in the back of the crowd in order for you to assert your leadership you've already failed.

A good leader unites people, creates commraderie. A dumb fuck sows bad blood and mistrust among the people.
Of course you just dont want white people there. Just tell them all to leave and be done with it.

I agree. Your white ancestors were incredibly racist for intentionally keeping Blacks from out competing them by making laws and establishing racism to keep Blacks from being successful.

We've had this discussion before ----

It's simply intellectually lazy to use actions 175 years ago as an attempt to justify anti-social and anti-democratic behavior today. While I readily recognize that putting all blame on one cause is convenient - and lazy - it is far from reality.

Let's discuss black-on-black crime. Let's talk about the horrendous rates of black abortions. Let's look at the numbers in which black males refuse to live up to their responsibilities. Let's consider the cause of the failure of blacks to start small businesses in depressed areas. Let's talk about the lack of academic performance in black households. Let's talk about the trillions of dollars poured into the black communities that is wasted, destroyed, and misdirected. Let's talk about the contributions given to the black community that are just wasted. Let's talk about the failure of the black male to present a model to his sons on the way a man should act, the way a man should care for his family, and the way a man should strive to better himself. Tell me something ---- the last time you worked at the local soup kitchen, how many workers were black? How many were white?

Yeah dumb fuck, let them lead then. Leading is more than where you stand in line physically. The lady is only showing her insecurity, NOT leading, again this shows your small minded view just like hers. If you have to tell a white person to stand in the back of the crowd in order for you to assert your leadership you've already failed.

A good leader unites people, creates commraderie. A dumb fuck sows bad blood and mistrust among the people.
Of course you just dont want white people there. Just tell them all to leave and be done with it.
Obviously my reply went over your head. Who said leading was just standing physically in line? I know that didnt come from me. A good leader understands the importance of symbolism and how its more important than making someone feel good that will never have to deal with what we go through.

We've had this discussion before ----

It's simply intellectually lazy to use actions 175 years ago as an attempt to justify anti-social and anti-democratic behavior today. While I readily recognize that putting all blame on one cause is convenient - and lazy - it is far from reality.

Let's discuss black-on-black crime. Let's talk about the horrendous rates of black abortions. Let's look at the numbers in which black males refuse to live up to their responsibilities. Let's consider the cause of the failure of blacks to start small businesses in depressed areas. Let's talk about the lack of academic performance in black households. Let's talk about the trillions of dollars poured into the black communities that is wasted, destroyed, and misdirected. Let's talk about the contributions given to the black community that are just wasted. Let's talk about the failure of the black male to present a model to his sons on the way a man should act, the way a man should care for his family, and the way a man should strive to better himself. Tell me something ---- the last time you worked at the local soup kitchen, how many workers were black? How many were white?
i wasnt just talking about 175 years ago. Why would we talk about what you want to talk about when...

A. It has nothing to do with the topic and...

B. You have no clue about that which you want to talk about?

It's simply intellectually lazy to use actions 175 years ago as an attempt to justify anti-social and anti-democratic behavior today.
As intellectually lazy as to pretend Jim Crow didn't exist in our life time, not to mention ignoring the legacy of being deprived of inherited capital from wageless work.

edited.

Dont think they were trying on the saviour mode...sounds like they simply wanted to support them.......
Support is usually done from the back or behind the scene.

Obviously my reply went over your head. Who said leading was just standing physically in line? I know that didnt come from me. A good leader understands the importance of symbolism and how its more important than making someone feel good that will never have to deal with what we go through.

White people have struggled along side of black people from the begining. Despite there being racism. And there have always been those to stand up for whats right. The fact that a few black people like this decide to erase that fact and basicaly tell white supporters to fuck off is a sad commentary. I guess the symbolism is made loud and clear. You should do it more often then after a while they wont care what you went through, theyll just leave you alone altogether.

It's simply intellectually lazy to use actions 175 years ago as an attempt to justify anti-social and anti-democratic behavior today.
As intellectually lazy as to pretend Jim Crow didn't exist in our life time, not to mention ignoring the legacy of being deprived of inherited capital from wageless work.

edited.
If it was just that Black people would have long ago been over it. Its the constant day to day grind of enduring a billion pin pricks of racism.

Dont think they were trying on the saviour mode...sounds like they simply wanted to support them.......
Support is usually done from the back or behind the scene.

White people have struggled along side of black people from the begining. Despite there being racism. And there have always been those to stand up for whats right. The fact that a few black people like this decide to erase that fact and basicaly tell white supporters to fuck off is a sad commentary. I guess the symbolism is made loud and clear. You should do it more often then after a while they wont care what you went through, theyll just leave you alone altogether.
Thats their choice. No one asked them to come march. I agree there have always been a very small minority of whites that supported Black people but that doesnt address the issue I am speaking of. People like John Brown gave his life to end slavery. Little good it did besides get him a spot in the history books.

Forum List

Back