Whitney Houston Died

anyone realize how fucked up you have to be to drowned....in your bath? water in her lungs means she hit the water alive....sure you can fall asleep in the tub...but the minute your head hits the water you are up.....you got to be totally wasted to die like this

That sucks.

I'm just dreading several days or weeks of Whitney Houston hits on TV and radio.

I want to let her rest in peace. She sure wasn't at peace on Earth.

anyone realize how fucked up you have to be to drowned....in your bath? water in her lungs means she hit the water alive....sure you can fall asleep in the tub...but the minute your head hits the water you are up.....you got to be totally wasted to die like this

I saw on the news this morning, that the prescription drug bottles that were found, were for Xanax. But the coroner said he won't release autopsy results till tox comes back......but he stated there was no foul play or trauma. But, when asked about the drowning part, he simply would not discuss.
So yeah....if she drowned, she was beyond relaxed.
That's messed up to be so fucked up.

She had an incredibly beautiful voice for the time she chose to use it. It was a gift and it is sad she chose to throw that wonderful gift away! People like me who can't carry a tune in a sponge understand my statement. I had a front row seat to her Nashville concert in 1989 or 90, don't recall which year it was. She was sensational!

You bet.

I can still see and hear her belting out the NA at the World Series in 91.

God What a voice and what waste. She seems to have screwed her life up when she met and married Bobby Brown.

Jeeze what a waste.

Anyone else know that when she sang the National Anthem at the Super Bowl...it was a lip sync performance??

Whitney Houston's Super Bowl rendition of national anthem was a fraud - Rockford, IL - Rockford Register Star

Yeah. Just read an article about it.

She and the orchestra recorded it a few days before the WS.

It was her and the orchestra and it was a fabulous rendition of a song thats very hard to sing.

Whitney Houston’s Star Spangled Banner Super Bowl XXV 1991 Performance, Timeless [video] | Z6Mag

The coroner's office has to figure out how to present the facts and in such a way they aren't called racist.

This is Michael Jackson's death Part Two.

Tina Turner had an abusive husband and she found a way to move on and flourish.
She had inner strength that Whitney never had.

WH was a deeply flawed human being born with a great voice. The voice is what everyone celebrates, not the person.

I was just talking to someone about that. Both women had abusive relationships, both women were mired in alcohol and drug addiction. Tina Turner turned to religion and meditation. When she came back, it was better than ever. Her best success was after that.

You have no idea how she was parented....

Probably not the two best parents in the world for sure...

Well, let's review.... her mom was a drunk and a crack head. Her dad is a self absorbed violent thug. We can hazzard a decent guess as to their priorities. Cuz if Whitney's priority had been her daughter, she'd have been clean. And her dad would have blown off his 'performance' and rushed to be with his daughter... that's what parents do... take care of their kids... no matter how old their kids are... and this one is only 18... hardly an age to be equipped to cope with the death of her Mom. She has my sympathy - her parents... not so much.

The 'grief' over her passing is vaguely entertaining though.

You have no idea if Houston was a crack head. In the past, sure. From the sounds of it now, she had an alcohol addiction and prescription drugs for depression etc...

As for the last part - yeah, I love it how every time a celebrity dies conservatives love the "i don't give a shit" response. Don't get me wrong, I don't fall under the spell that their lives are worth more than any other decent human beings, but it always comes across to me as if they resent their success.....

Exactly. And how does it 'help' an 18 year old who has lost her mother for the good caring religious people to go on line and call her mother all sorts of horrible things. It doesn't. And the people who do that do NOT care about the child. If they did, they would refrain from saying that shit. I am certain she has internet and all these things will be there for her to read and weep over. In addition to everything else. . Anyone who comes out and announces how they have 'no sympathy' for someone has no life experience to call upon, and I'd have to agree with you, is merely resentful of the successes the person did manage to have. That kind of talk is hateful and it comes from people filled with hate.

Last edited:
Sorry bout that,

1. I blame the music, *rap music*!
2. Whitney just got chewed up by the *rap*.
3. All this sadness and loss is only the cause and affect of *rap music*.
4. And they will have Grammys tonight, and for some stupid reason rappers will win awards for that crap they call music, the same music that has claimed the life of a *Great Talent Whitney Houston*.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Not just rap. It's a show biz culture. Some manage not to get sucked in and they do that by simply avoiding becoming part of the scene.

So you wanted them to say all kinds of crappy things about her? It's right to find good things to say about someone who's just passed, to respect the family and understand they are grieving.

Yeah, you see people on this thread twisting the knife into the daughter by calling her mother a drunk and a crack head. How does that help anything. It doesn't.

So you wanted them to say all kinds of crappy things about her? It's right to find good things to say about someone who's just passed, to respect the family and understand they are grieving.

Since I've been on messageboards when somebody famous dies, 90 percent of the time it is our compassionate conservative friends who don't give a shit. Somebody who makes something of themselves and then dies is not to be admired for their talent. And they are supposed to be outright ridiculed if they die young from any kind of drug- or alcohol-related reason.

It always comes across as resentful, snippy, spiteful and pathetic. I was no fan of Houston - although she had arguable the best voice in the world at one time - but still, you gotta give her her dues IMO...

I know, I'm so pissed that she threw everything away like she did, it's as if she died a long time ago. Still you can't just say it's drama when her family and friends remember the good things. That is cold to minimize it like that.

I agree, and she did have an impressive body of work. Impressive enough to draw out the jealousy from those who would feign creativity in their own lives. You can tell who has accomplished and paid dues and who has not.

BTW, her daughter has come across as an attention seeking brat in her own right.

I feel sorry for Whitney and I do have sympathy for her. Anybody who doesn't is an asshat, and probably a conservative...

Really Grump? :eusa_eh:

Yep...
I'm sad and sorry about Whitney's death, her daughter's dilemma, her nearly inconsolable friends, family and fans.

Sorrow is not a political domain unless it divides people and guides them to say and do bad things to each other.

imho

Well, they can make her an icon all they want. I loved her music, and now there is more of it on during my drive to work. I may hunt up my personal collection of her music and listen to it non stop for a while. That is what I did when Fogelberg died. And when Elvis died as well.

WH was a deeply flawed human being born with a great voice. The voice is what everyone celebrates, not the person.

Whitney, by all accounts, was a good and loving and giving person, who achieved many accomplishments, other than having an outstanding voice. She was a model at an early age and an actress, at a later age. It takes a strong person, to be that successful and survive. Her stress and struggles, and inability to overcome them are the signs of a beautiful, but dependent, soul. May she rest in peace and may her daughter find peace, without succumbing to her Mother's lifestyle.

Prescription medications and the legal substance, alcohol, have doomed so many of our most creative. Fame has a price.

The same fire that tempers steel melts butter. We are not all the same. I, myself, have survived incredible odds. But I see many who haven't. It is not intended for us to kick them around because they are not hardened steel.

Last edited:
I am saddened at the roads that this so talented lady choose. I am saddened for all those in her life who have been shortened out of her time by her choices as many have been effected.

All in all, I see nothing but sadness. Sadness for others who follow such paths and for Whitney as well. Since she is a star, she is right out there and a placeholder for my sadness for all such deaths.

She was talented, and she was human. It's sad to lose a loved one to addiction. It's not clear it was suicide, is it?

She was talented, and she was human. It's sad to lose a loved one to addiction. It's not clear it was suicide, is it?

Nothing's released as of yet. Won't be for a while. It is possible, but I would be inclined to think it either natural causes or accidental.

Forum List

Back