Who are the real bigots?

I am bigoted against liars like you.

I am bigoted against folks like you who pretend you understand when you don't.

I am bigoted against folks like you who hate the Constitution.

bigrebnc, other than that, I salute you. :lol:

I said everybody

I applaud you for recognizing and admitting to your fault.

Jake is a bigot who thinks that a woman is asking for what she get's just because of something she is wearing.
Jake seems to think a woman deserves what she get's just because of the way she is dressed. DOES HE MEAN RAPE IS OK?

Some women want to be able to dress any way, act any away, or speak any way without condemnation.

Not going to happen. Dress like a slut, you are a slut. Act like a slut, you are a slut. Speak like a slut, you are a slut.

That is simply the way it is and will continue to be.

Hint: don't act, dress, or speak like a slut.

Today's young women are succeeding in making it cool to be a slut. Look how most young women dress today. Listen to their language. Look at their favorite musicians and actresses.

Then they will bear the result of that behavior.

littledebfascist writes, "Jake is a bigot who thinks that a woman is asking for what she get's just because of something she is wearing."

A lie. Or you can link to where I said that. Thank you for making this easy. :lol:

littledebfascist writes, "Jake is a bigot who thinks that a woman is asking for what she get's just because of something she is wearing."

A lie. Or you can link to where I said that. Thank you for making this easy. :lol:

Liar Why is that you can't read what you posted? Are you a clothes nazi?
Some women want to be able to dress any way, act any away, or speak any way without condemnation.

Not going to happen. Dress like a slut, you are a slut. Act like a slut, you are a slut. Speak like a slut, you are a slut.

Today's young women are succeeding in making it cool to be a slut. Look how most young women dress today. Listen to their language. Look at their favorite musicians and actresses.

Last edited:
Thank you for being honest and making the only point that this thread is trying to make.

There he goes again...it's our fault for not understanding that they don't mean to be bigots, even if the end result mimics a bigoted judgment.

I guess...

Did I say that?

Ravi clearly stated that the only reason to vote against same sex marriage is bigotry. Do you see that as anything other than bigotry? If you do, explain how in a way that actually makes sense. I posted a link to an entire blog post written by a gay man about why it is wrong to dismiss their actions as bigotry, yet she still insists that it is, despite the evidence to the contrary. Yet, for some reason, I am the one that is not making sense.

You figure it out.

I read the entire blog post in an earlier attempt to understand the op as much as possible before I commented on it. It was a huge factor leading to my guess that many people in that group feel that way for religious reasons, you know, because that's the only reason the blogger actually mentioned, though obviously there are others as well...you got pretty butt-hurt when you felt I left them out. You'd think there were many other examples of non-religious-anti-gay-marriage people, but I only got one from you and then you barked for me to do my own research, presumably because you can't be bothered to make a good case.

This thread is never going to go anywhere productive.

Link it then. :lol:
Link to what? Your post?

OK

Jake thinks a woman deserrves what she get's because of what she wears He's a clothes NAZI. And thanks for the neg.

Last edited:
The root of most bigotry is ignorance.

And on the same note, slightly different direction - if you know, really know, someone who is LGBT; how you can tell them that what makes them THEM is abhorrent to YOU.

And in my estimation, especially if that 'someone' is your offspring.

Dick Cheney can attest to that.

Well, it's like I said on a different thread.

Nobody that anyone has ever heard of has been on the pro-gay marriage side of the argument, had a change of heart, then reversed course after knowing same-sex couples. I imagine the "born again" types may have an intellectual change of heart but informed decisions upon this topic have always been on the side of acceptance.

That is how you know you're right about something. The future looks quite bright for those on the side of an enlightened approach. The youth of this nation have roundly accepted it, 12% of the states now allow it and data is pouring in that shows that gay marriage is no threat to the institution or the nation's "morals" which have hetero marriages ending in divorce about 1/2 of the time; as if morality of heteros is unassailable if you use the same measuring stick.

I'm pretty sure the right wing posters here understand that they are about to be condemned to the dustbin of history and that has resulted in the sad faux rage, mean spirited posts, cynical nature of Obama's announcement, etc...

What ridiculous garbage.

You do realize that Pooper is one of the most ignorant trolls on the site? That she's proud of the fact that she doesn't bother educating herself (reading) about topics she doesn't hesitate to opine on?

The pro-homosexual lobby can only gain power and support by lying about the other side. I'm not ignorant at all...the repeated and false carping that anyone who doesn't want the laws changed to accomodate gays who want to be considered married, even though they have opted out of that construct, "hates" gays, or even more idiotic, have never "known" gays is ridiculous. If homosexuality is so normal and widespread, as the homosexual lobby claims (citing the studies of the child molester Kinsey, of course) then you are arguing against your own propaganda.

Likewise, it's a lie that everybody who opposes state-recognized, state-enforced, gay marriage, is "ignorant". If that were true, there would be no intelligent, well educated people standing against it. That's so ridiculous it makes a person wonder why the homosexual lobby even employs that particular strategy...then you see retards like Boop and Ravi swallowing it and you realize..they're talking to their base. Who ARE ignorant and uneducated, and who support them blindly when they are deluged with propaganda.

So is Romney an ignorant hick? Do you think he's never known a gay couple?

The bigotry is so on the side of the homosexual lobby it's ridiculous. The stupid meme that anyone who doesn't believe in state supported homosexual marriage is an ignorant, bigoted homophobe is just more propaganda. The bigotry is on the other side...those who proudly bray that anyone who doesn't buy their agenda is "stupid", "ignorant", "bigoted".

In fact, that is the bigotry, right there.

What ridiculous garbage.

You do realize that Pooper is one of the most ignorant trolls on the site? That she's proud of the fact that she doesn't bother educating herself (reading) about topics she doesn't hesitate to opine on?

The pro-homosexual lobby can only gain power and support by lying about the other side. I'm not ignorant at all...the repeated and false carping that anyone who doesn't want the laws changed to accomodate gays who want to be considered married, even though they have opted out of that construct, "hates" gays, or even more idiotic, have never "known" gays is ridiculous. If homosexuality is so normal and widespread, as the homosexual lobby claims (citing the studies of the child molester Kinsey, of course) then you are arguing against your own propaganda.

Likewise, it's a lie that everybody who opposes state-recognized, state-enforced, gay marriage, is "ignorant". If that were true, there would be no intelligent, well educated people standing against it. That's so ridiculous it makes a person wonder why the homosexual lobby even employs that particular strategy...then you see retards like Boop and Ravi swallowing it and you realize..they're talking to their base. Who ARE ignorant and uneducated, and who support them blindly when they are deluged with propaganda.

So is Romney an ignorant hick? Do you think he's never known a gay couple?

The bigotry is so on the side of the homosexual lobby it's ridiculous. The stupid meme that anyone who doesn't believe in state supported homosexual marriage is an ignorant, bigoted homophobe is just more propaganda. The bigotry is on the other side...those who proudly bray that anyone who doesn't buy their agenda is "stupid", "ignorant", "bigoted".

In fact, that is the bigotry, right there.

If he really knows them, and still thinks they should be denied marriage - then my estimation of him would drop even further.

The fact that a sex act defines them is their problem, not mine.

A sex act defines them no more than it defines you.

Sure it does.
LGBT
GLAAD
ILGA
Association of Gay & Lesbian Psychiatrists...

I'd say they very much define themselves by a single sex act.

Because you're stupid. Do you define heterosexuals by a single sex act? Because you should, if you're going to do the same to homosexuals.

"Lesbian" and "Gay" are not sex acts, idiot.

Last edited:
There he goes again...it's our fault for not understanding that they don't mean to be bigots, even if the end result mimics a bigoted judgment.

I guess...

Did I say that?

Ravi clearly stated that the only reason to vote against same sex marriage is bigotry. Do you see that as anything other than bigotry? If you do, explain how in a way that actually makes sense. I posted a link to an entire blog post written by a gay man about why it is wrong to dismiss their actions as bigotry, yet she still insists that it is, despite the evidence to the contrary. Yet, for some reason, I am the one that is not making sense.

You figure it out.

I read the entire blog post in an earlier attempt to understand the op as much as possible before I commented on it. It was a huge factor leading to my guess that many people in that group feel that way for religious reasons, you know, because that's the only reason the blogger actually mentioned, though obviously there are others as well...you got pretty butt-hurt when you felt I left them out. You'd think there were many other examples of non-religious-anti-gay-marriage people, but I only got one from you and then you barked for me to do my own research, presumably because you can't be bothered to make a good case.

This thread is never going to go anywhere productive.
You have to wonder if the blog post in the OP is for real....what is actually being said by the blogger that it is gay people's own fault that people vote against gay marriage.

How ridiculous can it get.

I posted a link to an entire blog post written by a gay man about why it is wrong to dismiss their actions as bigotry, . . .
Yet you don't accept the conclusions of several dozen lesbians that they believed male abuse facilitated their sexuality?

Yes, you ae a wind bag.

Remember how I told you once that everything doesn't revolve around you? There are actually exceptions to that Jake, this does revolve around you. I don't accept that anyone actually told you that. I think you made it up in order to justify your absurd belief that sexual abuse turns women into lesbians.

Just in case you missed my point, I think you are a lying sack of shit, and I will happily point that out anytime I catch you in a lie.

I came across this blog earlier today, and it got me to thinking about bigotry. I suggest that everyone who thinks that the bigots are the people that vote against same sex marriage are small minded read the whole thing.

After last night’s vote, I heard a disturbingly large number of my friends, national commentators, and others suggesting that this vote just proves that North Carolinians (or at least a giant percentage of us) are bigoted, homophobic, backwards people who are so filled with hate that we oppose equality for certain groups just because we can. And see, that’s just not the case. Yes, I voted against the amendment, as did many of my friends and hundreds of thousands of other NC residents. But I also know people who voted for it, and I know that they are not simply bigoted, homophobic, backwards people. It’s way more complicated than that.
Is there a lot of prejudice in North Carolina against LGBT people? Absolutely there is. But it’s not, as some have imagined, just a matter of “bigoted homophobes.” By and large, the prejudice that exists is a matter of a lack of understanding. Many of the folks I’ve talked to honestly believe that people choose to be gay and could choose not to be. They think that giving legal recognition to same-sex partnerships would increase the number of people choosing to be gay, and would therefore encourage more people to turn away from God’s plan for their lives. When they talk about homosexuality as a “perversion,” they’re not trying to be bigoted or mean; they’re being quite literal about it.
Those folks aren’t the only ones who supported the amendment, but in my experience, they make up the lion’s share of those who were most vocally in support. My Christian friends who understand what my life has been like as a gay Christian may not support same-sex marriage, but they tend to be way more thoughtful and careful about these questions, and they are the ones who felt most torn about this amendment and all the legal and moral issues it raised.
That’s why I posted to Facebook: “Yes, my state’s vote tonight saddens me. But it is not, as some have imagined, about intentional bigotry. It is about a lack of understanding, pure and simple—of who we are, what we want, and why it matters. Education is needed, and that is what I will keep dedicating myself to, every single day of my life.”
Crumbs from the Communion Table • A challenge to both sides of the Amendment One debate.

Next time somebody wants to dismiss everyone who disagrees with their views about same sex marriage as a bigot they should remember what the word actually means and take a step to end the intolerance.

Bigot [big-uht] (noun) a person who is utterly intolerant of any differing creed, belief, or opinion.

The root of most bigotry is ignorance.

There is that common knowledge again.

Forum List

Back