Who Does Comedy Better?? Conservatives or Liberals?

Biff_Poindexter

Diamond Member
Jun 6, 2018
USA
An interesting discussion came up regarding the Sascha Baron Cohen "Who Is America" prank series -- plenty of liberals loved it because it targeted POWERFUL conservative politicians -- and conservatives hated it because it targeted POWERFUL conservative politicians.

So conservatives countered with pranks done by brilliant conservative comics that targeted liberals and minorities -- like the hilarious Jesse Waters or the comedic genius James O'Keefe -- I tried to watch some of their work and it made me ask the question:

Why are there not that many funny conservative comics??? Is it because comedy clubs won't book them because they are so funny to everyone? Is it because their jokes are so hilarious that media markets don't want to give them the exposure they deserve? Or is it just because they don't tend to be that funny??

Since when have Jesse Watters and James O’Keefe been considered comedians? Watters is a Fox News political commentator who sometimes goes out on the streets and talks to foolish people and James O’Keefe is a journalist who specializes in working undercover to expose corruption.

Tim Allen is conservative (I believe) and a comedian. Roseanne is a righty as well...

The Swamp, the Media they own and their liberal puppets have been performing a real Hollywood soap opera starring US president, Secret Services and evil Russian spies with a great success. It would be pretty funny if it were not pretty sad to watch.

Last edited:
An interesting discussion came up regarding the Sascha Baron Cohen "Who Is America" prank series -- plenty of liberals loved it because it targeted POWERFUL conservative politicians -- and conservatives hated it because it targeted POWERFUL conservative politicians.

So conservatives countered with pranks done by brilliant conservative comics that targeted liberals and minorities -- like the hilarious Jesse Waters or the comedic genius James O'Keefe -- I tried to watch some of their work and it made me ask the question:

Why are there not that many funny conservative comics??? Is it because comedy clubs won't book them because they are so funny to everyone? Is it because their jokes are so hilarious that media markets don't want to give them the exposure they deserve? Or is it just because they don't tend to be that funny??
You mean you don’t think a drunk, fat guy yelling “GIT ‘ER DONE” is funny?!

Since when have Jesse Watters and James O’Keefe been considered comedians? Watters is a Fox News political commentator who sometimes goes out on the streets and talks to foolish people and James O’Keefe is a journalist who specializes in working undercover to expose corruption.

Tim Allen is conservative (I believe) and a comedian. Roseanne is a righty as well...
Tim Allen is funny. But O’Keefe is certainly not a journalist. He’s more of a youtube prankster. To call him a journalist would be like calling Sacha Baron Cohen a journalist.

I don't think any comedians are funny who attack people, especially if they use dirty words, as so many do now. How is that funny? It isn't. I avoid the lot of them. They all have a political axe to grind and that's not funny at all.

I am sure Larry The Cable Guy is funny -- but I doubt his comedy is all that conservative to me...same with Jeff Foxworthy...

but I seldom see so-called conservative comics like Dennis Miller mentioned as being one of the greats like Carlin, Pryor and Murphy.

tenor.gif

#TooFunny

The answer to this question is very simple.

Conservatives, by nature, have an innate tendency to kiss up (to power) and punch down (to those deemed (or actually) below them), therefore their comedy or "comedy" actually, is seen as, and actually is manifested as bullying and cruelty.

Liberals, by nature, have an innate tendency to fight the power and have everyone be on an equal plane, therefore they speak truth to power, that's why they're actually funny when they turn to humor. You see, to be funny, you have to actually tell the truth, otherwise it's just not funny.

But don't take my word for it...

Just look at every self-proclaimed conservative here on any issue, they are always either sucking-up to power and/or punching down to those below them.

And just about every liberal on here consistently fights against power.

Last edited:

This goes back to my theorem of years ago --- much as I hate to generalize into behaviour groups, the louder parts of what's considered "the right" do anger better than satire, while the louder elements of what's considered "the left" do satire better than anger.

Cases in point -- Lush Rimjob (remember him?) built a massive radio constituency playing the part of attack dog, and for him it worked. When AirAmerica tried the same thing in reverse it flopped. Conversely, Bill Maher and Stephen Colbert and Jon Stewart thrived and continue to, while the "right" had no response, or at least none that took wing.

To the extent that such behavior labels may be entertained it tells us one group is centered cerebrally on the concept of creative irony while the other is fueled by the emotion of anger and aggression. When either tries to switch roles, it goes nowhere. The caveat being that these represent the extremes of those "left" and "right" groupings, but to that extent it does reveal much about how the respective groupings' minds work. And exactly what motivates them.

Last edited:

Conservatives, by nature, have an innate tendency to kiss up (to power) and punch down (to those deemed (or actually) below them), therefore their comedy or "comedy" actually, is seen as, and actually is manifested as bullying and cruelty.

Liberals, by nature, have an innate tendency to fight the power and have everyone be on an equal plane, therefore they speak truth to power, that's why they're actually funny when they turn to humor. You see, to be funny, you have to actually tell the truth, otherwise it's just not funny.

Just look at every self-proclaimed conservative here on any issue, they are always either sucking-up to power and/or punching down to those below them.

This is astute thinking. I would just replace "conservatives" with "authoritarian-passives". They're not always coincident, just as "left" and "Liberal" are not. Seems to me the Lush Rimjob bots reveal themselves as such with their blindly loyal parrotism, while the aficionados of the satirists on the "left" can take them or leave them, or come up with their own.

Conservatives are pretty much assholes so artwork, be it performing art, visual art, or literature is not going to go over well if it aspires to the least you can be.

We saw the new Mama Mia movie this past week. While I roll my eyes with ANYTHING that has Andy Garcia in it, this movie was pretty good because it limited Garcia to a few grunts and he wasn’t on the screen long enough to soil it. Anyway, he was on there to allow the classic ABBA song Fernando to be inserted logically into the movie. I’ll give you a nickel if you can crack the code, span the chasm, solve the puzzle, and search deep into the labyrinth of your mind and tell me what Garcia’s name was on this movie. Anyway…sure as shit the song Fernando comes up and there Cher is singing the familiar tunes of “Do you remember the fateful night we crossed the Rio Grand”… If a conservative was making the song, the couple would be arrested, shot, or deported (probably all 3). That is why you don’t hear much about conservative art.

In terms of stand-up comedy…where is it going to go? “I see we have some ******** in the house tonight”?

This goes back to my theorem of years ago --- much as I hate to generalize into behaviour groups, the louder parts of what's considered "the right" do anger better than satire, while the louder elements of what's considered "the left" do satire better than anger.

Cases in point -- Lush Rimjob (remember him?) built a massive radio constituency playing the part of attack dog, and for him it worked. When AirAmerica tried the same thing in reverse it flopped. Conversely, Bill Maher and Stephen Colbert and Jon Stewart thrived and continue to, while the "right" had no response, or at least none that took wing.

To the extent that such behavior labels may be entertained it tells us one group is centered cerebrally on the concept of creative irony while the other is fueled by the emotion of anger and aggression. When either tries to switch roles, it goes nowhere. The caveat being that these represent the extremes of those "left" and "right" groupings, but to that extent it does reveal much about how the respective groupings' minds work. And exactly what motivates them.
Stephen Colbert is extreme? I record him every night and start my day laughing. I don't find him extreme.

Liberals do "laughing with" comedy better.
Con-servatives do "laughing at" comedy better.

It's just as funny as a black guy with poor English starting every joke with "white people always be like...".

It's just as funny as a black guy with poor English starting every joke with "white people always be like...".
^ The butthurt is strong

You live in your own little world

Forum List

Back