Who here is an atheist?

atheism.jpg

Who here is an atheist? It seems to me my belief in god is unfounded and without proof. I know that the universe was created by the big bang and the processes of science. Why on earth do I cling to 2,000 year old sheep herders writing?

This writing promotes hatred, idiocy and backwardness. I am so very close to just saying fuck it and becoming a atheist!!!

What I've read in the bible should never be read to a child as it is fucking savage stoneaged crap. And you fuckers bitch about sex ed??? really? The bible encourages rape, murder of babies and rape of women. On and on. Incest is in the bible with lott fucking his daughters, murder of ones brother and genocide of millions of people.
Human trafficking. Drugs. Abortion and selling fetal tissue. Suicide bombings and vehicular murders that include children as victims. We are no shining example ourselves to begin with and then we add in the facts incest still occurs and many rapes are still swept under the rug.

Now, as then, many atrocities were encouraged/took place in the name of justice. The "other" deserved it. Many political decisions were pushed through under the guise of, "God is on our side, so whatever we do is God's will."

We look at the world--both then, and now--and we despair. We see too much, we are overwhelmed. Therefore it is the time to look at our own individual life. Have we cut people out of our own life (i.e., think murder) and say it is justice, that they deserved it? What are our own sex sins that we dismiss as no big deal? Do we look the other way when abortion or incest occurs in our own family? The "world" can be a reflection of us, the individual. Therefore, we do need to clean our own house first.

I believe each individual is composed of body, mind, spirit/soul. What part of self do you take care of best? What part of self is most neglected? Two-thirds of self (body and mind) are physical. It takes physical action to insure they receive the best care. One-third is spiritual, where we must let go of physical matters, rise above them. That is where we find God--not in the physical world. The idea is to bring the spirit of God into the physical world. Have you ever considered how many murders, rapes, injustices did not occur because people were able to infuse a well-tended spirit into acts of mind and body?

I believe each individual is composed of body, mind, spirit/soul.

The mind is a part of the body, consciousness, or spirit, is the fruit of the mind whether clean or unclean.

Whether pleasing to the eye and good to eat, or rotten to the core.

Last edited:
Who here is an atheist? It seems to me my belief in god is unfounded and without proof. I know that the universe was created by the big bang and the processes of science. Why on earth do I cling to 2,000 year old sheep herders writing?

This writing promotes hatred, idiocy and backwardness. I am so very close to just saying fuck it and becoming a atheist!!!

What I've read in the bible should never be read to a child as it is fucking savage stoneaged crap. And you fuckers bitch about sex ed??? really? The bible encourages rape, murder of babies and rape of women. On and on. Incest is in the bible with lott fucking his daughters, murder of ones brother and genocide of millions of people.
Since I don't know how the universe came to be I don't consider myself an atheist, however, when it comes to the God of the Bible, I have zero faith in it so in that sense I am an atheist. There may be a god out there but I don't think anyone has any more of a clue than I do.

So. Big Bang.

What caused the "Big Bang"?

Did the Big Bang bring existence into existence? Or did something exist before that?

If so, how?
So, what, because we don't know we're supposed to invent a sky fairy as the explanation?

Exactly.

Religion was invented out of fear and christianity was copied from other, older religions. Why couldn't they make up new stories? Why did they copy their god, holidays, rites, rituals, etc from others?

In answer to the OP, life-long atheist here.

Since I don't know how the universe came to be I don't consider myself an atheist, however, when it comes to the God of the Bible, I have zero faith in it so in that sense I am an atheist. There may be a god out there but I don't think anyone has any more of a clue than I do.

People do not know how to read the Bible so they don't know what it is trying to convey. First and foremost, stop reading the Bible through the twenty-first century lens, and read it from the point of view of the author and culture of that time. Second, for me it is unbelievable that people (even people of faith) miss the main point of the Bible. Here is a collection of books and stories of people who have experienced God. Instead of just reading, people should first seek God in their own lives, where He dwells every bit as much as He does in the Bible. Once God is found in one's own life, it is much easier to see and understand Biblical experiences.

Exactly.

Religion was invented out of fear and christianity was copied from other, older religions. Why couldn't they make up new stories? Why did they copy their god, holidays, rites, rituals, etc from others?

In answer to the OP, life-long atheist here.

Oh? Religion was invented out of fear? Whose fear? Fear of what, exactly?

People do not know how to read the Bible so they don't know what it is trying to convey. First and foremost, stop reading the Bible through the twenty-first century lens, and read it from the point of view of the author and culture of that time. Second, for me it is unbelievable that people (even people of faith) miss the main point of the Bible. Here is a collection of books and stories of people who have experienced God. Instead of just reading, people should first seek God in their own lives, where He dwells every bit as much as He does in the Bible. Once God is found in one's own life, it is much easier to see and understand Biblical experiences.
I think you're being naive. People have been seeking God for millennia and almost none ever found the God of the Bible (the OT). Now that the NT and Koran are so ubiquitous, seekers find God in those but which came first?

I think you're being naive. People have been seeking God for millennia and almost none ever found the God of the Bible (the OT). Now that the NT and Koran are so ubiquitous, seekers find God in those but which came first?

I'm not being naive, I speak from experience. Have you ever been to a Jewish service? Their view of God and His ways is breathtaking. This comes from truly understanding Old Testament stories from the original perspective rather from the twenty-first century human perspective.

It matters more not whose experience of God came first, but whose experience of God will come next. Those who seek, find.

Second, for me it is unbelievable that people (even people of faith) miss the main point of the Bible. Here is a collection of books and stories of people who have experienced God.
So what. Homer wrote of them, do you believe in Zeus?

Second, for me it is unbelievable that people (even people of faith) miss the main point of the Bible. Here is a collection of books and stories of people who have experienced God.
So what. Homer wrote of them, do you believe in Zeus?
No. That was man seeking God.

There's only been one revealed religion. No other makes that claim.

So the whole Zeuss argument is BS.

There are 24,000 plus written manuscripts chronicling the 3 1/2 year ministry of Jesus Christ. Homer's Iliad had less than 650.

If atheists are correct in their belief, then no big deal & life goes on.......

If believers are correct in their faith, then there'll be a lot of people in a very warm place for a very long time
Which believers? You see this is the problem with your "Pascale's Wager" axiom. You, incorrectly, present the question as a binary choice: Choose God, or don't choose God.
The problem is that even one "the side of God", there are, at last count, there were some 19 major religions in the world, with 270 different large subgroups. In Christianity, alone, there are over 34,000 different sects, all with different beliefs about what will, and will not send one to Hell. So, actually, you have just as much of a chance of going to Hell, even choosing to be a Christian of whatever flavour you happen to be, as I do. Tell me, again, why I should "choose God"?

Look. I can troll with a stupid meme, too:
CU6fk58VAAEARM1.jpg

One would think that, sooner or later, you would realise your stupid trolling accomplishes nothing.

And this is exactly what I mean by religion being used to kill people! Kill people for something that almost certainly isn't real.

At least Atheist know for a fact that science and the processes behind it are real.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back