Who here is an atheist?

Who here is an atheist? It seems to me my belief in god is unfounded and without proof. I know that the universe was created by the big bang and the processes of science. Why on earth do I cling to 2,000 year old sheep herders writing?

This writing promotes hatred, idiocy and backwardness. I am so very close to just saying fuck it and becoming a atheist!!!

What I've read in the bible should never be read to a child as it is fucking savage stoneaged crap. And you fuckers bitch about sex ed??? really? The bible encourages rape, murder of babies and rape of women. On and on. Incest is in the bible with lott fucking his daughters, murder of ones brother and genocide of millions of people.

They perish because they refused to love the truth and so be saved. For this reason God sends them a powerful delusion so that they will believe the lie and so that all will be condemned who have not believed the truth but have delighted in wickedness.

atheism.jpg
96acf1c4fff6d9f1e3e322053824e2f5--freedom-of-religion-science-facts.jpg

There's only been one revealed religion. No other makes that claim.
What is a revealed religion? Did not Zeus announce himself to Leda?

Was not Lord Krishna announced in the Bhagavad Gita?

Last edited:
There are 24,000 plus written manuscripts chronicling the 3 1/2 year ministry of Jesus Christ. Homer's Iliad had less than 650.
Hoho, the argument of quantity. Therefore, before the gospels, Homer's gods existed as they had a quantity of mention. Ffs.

But do you forget the Odyssey?

So what. Homer wrote of them, do you believe in Zeus?

I love all stories that bring the role of God (as men see it) into the affairs of men. What is interesting about many of these gods is that they are based on legends of people who once lived. Hence the definition of "god" differs a bit from the Hebrew definition of who God is. The Greek philosophy also presented the idea that everything on earth had its perfect design in heaven. Homer's portrayal of Zeus (or divinity) shows the impartiality of a divine being to the squabbles and wars here on earth.

Do I believe in a Divine Being? Yes. Is Zeus always the most accurate description of the Divine Being? No. But then, to this day, we still do not have an accurate picture of God--but perhaps a little more accurate than the Greeks had.

I love all stories that bring the role of God (as men see it) into the affairs of men. What is interesting about many of these gods is that they are based on legends of people who once lived. Hence the definition of "god" differs a bit from the Hebrew definition of who God is. The Greek philosophy also presented the idea that everything on earth had its perfect design in heaven. Homer's portrayal of Zeus (or divinity) shows the impartiality of a divine being to the squabbles and wars here on earth.

Do I believe in a Divine Being? Yes. Is Zeus always the most accurate description of the Divine Being? No. But then, to this day, we still do not have an accurate picture of God--but perhaps a little more accurate than the Greeks had.
Excellent post.

a major difference between greek gods, legends based on the lives of men, and the Hebrew God is that in scripture, from the beginning, it is made clear that God is incorporeal, not a human being.

Second, for me it is unbelievable that people (even people of faith) miss the main point of the Bible. Here is a collection of books and stories of people who have experienced God.
No. That was man seeking God.

There's only been one revealed religion. No other makes that claim.

So the whole Zeuss argument is BS.

There are 24,000 plus written manuscripts chronicling the 3 1/2 year ministry of Jesus Christ. Homer's Iliad had less than 650.
26168333_1970402129948585_2879995995603375098_n.jpg

But then you only believe that, you don't know it.

a major difference between greek gods, legends based on the lives of men, and the Hebrew God is that in scripture, from the beginning, it is made clear that God is incorporeal, not a human being.
So that's where it departs from Christian orthodoxy.

Who here is an atheist? It seems to me my belief in god is unfounded and without proof. I know that the universe was created by the big bang and the processes of science. Why on earth do I cling to 2,000 year old sheep herders writing?

This writing promotes hatred, idiocy and backwardness. I am so very close to just saying fuck it and becoming a atheist!!!

What I've read in the bible should never be read to a child as it is fucking savage stoneaged crap. And you fuckers bitch about sex ed??? really? The bible encourages rape, murder of babies and rape of women. On and on. Incest is in the bible with lott fucking his daughters, murder of ones brother and genocide of millions of people.
Just so you know, militant atheists like yourself are the new new nazis. Seriously, you are out there on the extreme edge of the spectrum and you make atheists all over look bad.

So. Big Bang.

What caused the "Big Bang"?

Did the Big Bang bring existence into existence? Or did something exist before that?

If so, how?

What caused "God"?

Did God bring existence into existence? Or did something exist before that?

If so, how?
The only solution to the first cause conundrum is something which is eternal and unchanging.

Whatever it is... it has those attributes. I can think of several things that meet this description but they are more like verbs than nouns. Which is another clue to the puzzle.

Forum List

Back