Who here is an atheist?

Why on earth do I cling to 2,000 year old sheep herders writing?

Hedging your bets?

Watch this (the interesting stuff starts at 3:30) from one of my favorite films. Essentially an argument is being made that evolution and creationism are not necessarily mutually exclusive:

As for me, I will continue to hold onto my agnostic/borderline atheist views...

I don't think I have ever met an agnostic before.

Sure, I've met people who claimed to be agnostic, but I've never met a real agnostic before.

atheism.jpg
96acf1c4fff6d9f1e3e322053824e2f5--freedom-of-religion-science-facts.jpg
Science is GOD's way of telling you HE does exist. Theory is man's way of circumventing the facts with opinion.
The fact that you just equated scientific theory with "opinion" demonstrates that you clearly have no understanding of science.
No, not at all. It simply means that you may interpret science excluding the need of personal observation or repeatability ---- the foundation of proper scientific procedure.

Hedging your bets?

Watch this (the interesting stuff starts at 3:30) from one of my favorite films. Essentially an argument is being made that evolution and creationism are not necessarily mutually exclusive:

Sure, I've met people who claimed to be agnostic, but I've never met a real agnostic before.

Never met an Atheist being shot at either.

Who here is an atheist? It seems to me my belief in god is unfounded and without proof. I know that the universe was created by the big bang and the processes of science. Why on earth do I cling to 2,000 year old sheep herders writing?

This writing promotes hatred, idiocy and backwardness. I am so very close to just saying fuck it and becoming a atheist!!!

What I've read in the bible should never be read to a child as it is fucking savage stoneaged crap. And you fuckers bitch about sex ed??? really? The bible encourages rape, murder of babies and rape of women. On and on. Incest is in the bible with lott fucking his daughters, murder of ones brother and genocide of millions of people.
Since I don't know how the universe came to be I don't consider myself an atheist, however, when it comes to the God of the Bible, I have zero faith in it so in that sense I am an atheist. There may be a god out there but I don't think anyone has any more of a clue than I do.
It seems to me that before one can answer who God is they have to first answer the question is there a Creator. Then from there they can figure out who He is. The answers to both questions can be found by studying what was created.

Hedging your bets?

Never met an Atheist being shot at either.

That's probably because history recorded them as the ones doing the shooting.

Science of physics, chemistry and biology explains the universe and life.

I think I am going to become a atheist. Why believe in goat herder crap that is used to kill people for no reason.
Why does nature care if life survives?

So. Big Bang.

What caused the "Big Bang"?

Did the Big Bang bring existence into existence? Or did something exist before that?

If so, how?
So, what, because we don't know we're supposed to invent a sky fairy as the explanation?
How about intelligence as an explanation?
Why must we presume an explanation? Why can't we just say, "Gee. I don't know. lets study, and research, and find out!"? The "God of the Gaps" is the theists' last, ever-shrinking defence.

Just so you know, militant atheists like yourself are the new new nazis. Seriously, you are out there on the extreme edge of the spectrum and you make atheists all over look bad.
Rub some prayer on it.

Why must we presume an explanation? Why can't we just say, "Gee. I don't know. lets study, and research, and find out!"? The "God of the Gaps" is the theists' last, ever-shrinking defence.
Actually it's their first argument as shown repeatedly on this thread.

So. Big Bang.

Did the Big Bang bring existence into existence? Or did something exist before that?

If so, how?
So, what, because we don't know we're supposed to invent a sky fairy as the explanation?

Exactly.

Religion was invented out of fear and christianity was copied from other, older religions. Why couldn't they make up new stories? Why did they copy their god, holidays, rites, rituals, etc from others?

In answer to the OP, life-long atheist here.
No. Belief in a higher power has been around since the first men. Just as non-belief in a higher power has been around since the first men.

But belief in a higher power has always been the dominant belief. Why? Because virtue is a successful behavior which naturally leads to success.

The values that religion promotes are successful values.

Who here is an atheist? It seems to me my belief in god is unfounded and without proof. I know that the universe was created by the big bang and the processes of science. Why on earth do I cling to 2,000 year old sheep herders writing?

This writing promotes hatred, idiocy and backwardness. I am so very close to just saying fuck it and becoming a atheist!!!

What I've read in the bible should never be read to a child as it is fucking savage stoneaged crap. And you fuckers bitch about sex ed??? really? The bible encourages rape, murder of babies and rape of women. On and on. Incest is in the bible with lott fucking his daughters, murder of ones brother and genocide of millions of people.
Just so you know, militant atheists like yourself are the new new nazis. Seriously, you are out there on the extreme edge of the spectrum and you make atheists all over look bad.
FLAG ON THE PLAY:
22424536_1875091782516182_7815273979414911835_o.jpg

FLAG ON THE PLAY:
22424536_1875091782516182_7815273979414911835_o.jpg
The truth hurts.

Militant atheists like yourself condemn respect for people who believe in God. You're real dicks.

So. Big Bang.

If so, how?

What caused "God"?

Did God bring existence into existence? Or did something exist before that?

If so, how?
The only solution to the first cause conundrum is something which is eternal and unchanging.

Whatever it is... it has those attributes. I can think of several things that meet this description but they are more like verbs than nouns. Which is another clue to the puzzle.
And that isn't a "solution", because it relies on a logical fallacy called special pleading.

Science is GOD's way of telling you HE does exist. Theory is man's way of circumventing the facts with opinion.
The fact that you just equated scientific theory with "opinion" demonstrates that you clearly have no understanding of science.
No, not at all. It simply means that you may interpret science excluding the need of personal observation or repeatability ---- the foundation of proper scientific procedure.
That is absolutely not the foundation of science. All of science is founded on observation, measurement, and verifiability. I have no idea what the fuck you're describing, but it certainly isn't science.

Last edited:
There are 24,000 plus written manuscripts chronicling the 3 1/2 year ministry of Jesus Christ. Homer's Iliad had less than 650.
Hoho, the argument of quantity. Therefore, before the gospels, Homer's gods existed as they had a quantity of mention. Ffs.

But do you forget the Odyssey?
Don't be silly. No other even in antiquity had more manuscripts that were written closer to the event in time. It's not even close.

My point was you happily accept evidence when it suits your purpose and reject evidence when it doesn't even when what you are rejecting is overwhelming in nature relative to what you accepted elsewhere.

Forum List

Back