Who Is the Best Receiver In the NFL In 2022 ?

protectionist

Diamond Member
Oct 20, 2013
This is likely to draw partisan suggestions from fans who suggest their wide receiver, from their home team, but that's OK. I'm going to be no different, and select Mike Evans of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers (my home team)

Everybody is free to make ONE selection. "Best" means the # 1 and only, that ONE.

1. Cooper Kupp, Rams (6-2, 208)​

Kupp was technically sound as a route runner with great hands and red zone mentality before the arrival of Matthew Stafford. With his torn ACL in 2018 well in the rearview, Kupp exploded for a historic season by stretching the field with a stronger-armed QB and tapping a lot more into his big-play ability after the catch. At 29, he should have at least a couple more great seasons in his prime.

2021 stats: 145 receptions on 191 targets, 1,947 yards, 16 TDs, 13.4 yards per catch

This is likely to draw partisan suggestions from fans who suggest their wide receiver, from their home team, but that's OK. I'm going to be no different, and select Mike Evans of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers (my home team)

Everybody is free to make ONE selection. "Best" means the # 1 and only, that ONE.
JaMarr Chase Cin......He's gonna break Jerry Rice's records barring injury.

Not that I diminish any of the receivers selected, but just to make the thread a bit more interesting, please state briefly on what basis you chose your selection.
JaMarr Chase Cin......He's gonna break Jerry Rice's records barring injury.
He's got a LONGGGGGGG way to go to do that. Rice played 20 years, with a ton of productivity.

Texas A&M alumnus, great choice. Without him Manziel would have been ordinary.

Texas A&M alumnus, great choice. Without him Manziel would have been ordinary.
That might be true, but Evans' real claim to fame (and the Football Hall of FAME) is him being the ONLY receiver in NFL history to have 1,000+ yards receiving, in ALL of his first 8 years in the NFL.

Are we hearing this OK ? Mike Evans isn't just with Jerry Rice, Randy Moss, Lance Alworth, Steve Largent, and Terrell Owens. He's done what they never did. This is legend level.

Forum List

Back