Who let the dogs out?

Are Sasha and Malia dodging doggie duty?

First lady says she’s up early to walk Bo ‘even though kids are supposed to’

So, maybe they really didn't deserve it after all....

Number 1: This is a "homeland issue" to you?

Number 2: She said that the kids would HELP take care of the dog, not that they would do all of the dog-care.

Any parent who allows their child to have a dog realizes that the parent at times is going to have to step in and help.

Now THIS is a big issue.

Forget the 3 trillion in overspending.

The Obama daughters might be just like YOUR kids. Fat, lazy, and on the video games all afternoon.

Oh, the horror! :eek:

Number 2: She said that the kids would HELP take care of the dog, not that they would do all of the dog-care.

Any parent who allows their child to have a dog realizes that the parent at times is going to have to step in and help.

eh heh eh heh.....you said "number 2"

1. It's a "teaching responsibility" issue to me. Do you recall Pres. Obama's Father's Day speech last year? Really not much difference as I see it. If the children supposedly "earned" the dog (his words), that (presumably) means they displayed that they understood the responsibility that comes with pet ownership.

2.) Quote: First lady says she’s up early to walk Bo ‘even though kids are supposed to’. In other words, Mom is DOING what the children are supposed to be HELPING with.

Any parent who has a child shouldn't promise/give things that they aren't ready for.... I could have promised/given my newly licensed teen a Ferrari, but I don't believe it would have been a good idea.... The dog, OTOH, is a SHARED responsibility.

Actually, and I could be wrong, but I don't recall every seeing where the kids wanted the dog.

The press brought it up and of course, since it has to do the the anointed one, everyone went ga-ga over the First Dog.

Actually, and I could be wrong, but I don't recall every seeing where the kids wanted the dog.

The press brought it up and of course, since it has to do the the anointed one, everyone went ga-ga over the First Dog.

Every damned thing that was said had a "ga-ga" effect.

"Sasha and Malia, I love you both more than you can imagine," Obama said in his Election Night address. "You have earned the puppy that is coming with us."

Throughout the campaign, the Obamas dropped hints about the dog, whose adoption was promised regardless of the campaign's outcome. Malia, 10, expressed a desire for a "goldendoodle," a golden retriever-poodle hybrid that isn't recognized as an official breed by the American Kennel Club. And Michelle Obama told reporters in October that the family would select a rescue dog from a shelter.

Any future pet, however, must be hypoallergenic because of Malia's allergies.
Obama girls to get a puppy - Chicago Breaking News

Right...and the waterdog was picked specifically because of the allergies. That's why it didn't come from the pound. They said they couldn't find one.

Even though there was one...Less than 100 miles away.

I'm sure the whole Kennedy thing had nothing to do with it.

What I want to know is if she does the ethical thing and carries a pooper scooper or does she leave the crap on the lawn for the next unsuspecting Secret Service Agent to step in it. I'm betting she doesn't carry.

Immie

1. It's a "teaching responsibility" issue to me. Do you recall Pres. Obama's Father's Day speech last year? Really not much difference as I see it. If the children supposedly "earned" the dog (his words), that (presumably) means they displayed that they understood the responsibility that comes with pet ownership.

2.) Quote: First lady says she’s up early to walk Bo ‘even though kids are supposed to’. In other words, Mom is DOING what the children are supposed to be HELPING with.

Any parent who has a child shouldn't promise/give things that they aren't ready for.... I could have promised/given my newly licensed teen a Ferrari, but I don't believe it would have been a good idea.... The dog, OTOH, is a SHARED responsibility.

You don't know what the kids are helping with. Maybe they feed and water him, maybe they do most of the playing, maybe they brush him. Just because Michelle was walking him doesn't mean the kids never do. Is this their first dog? There's a learning curve if you've never owned a dog before. The kids are 10 and 7, they'll learn.

What I want to know is if she does the ethical thing and carries a pooper scooper or does she leave the crap on the lawn for the next unsuspecting Secret Service Agent to step in it. I'm betting she doesn't carry.

Immie

One of my pet peeves is people who do not clean up after their dogs. How rude!

Immie

Agreed, and it is even worse when they bring the dog out, walk across the street or go next door to the neighbors yard and let the animal do its thing when they are within just feet of their own yards.

Now that is rude!

Immie

You don't know what the kids are helping with. Maybe they feed and water him, maybe they do most of the playing, maybe they brush him. Just because Michelle was walking him doesn't mean the kids never do. Is this their first dog? There's a learning curve if you've never owned a dog before. The kids are 10 and 7, they'll learn.

What I DO know is what was reported as being on the children's "to do" and what was reported as being Mom's "do" even though....

Learning curve.... I'll buy that for the 7-year old. LEARN FROM the 10-year old, who, in turn, will only LEARN FROM Mom and Dad. When do you suppose the LEARNING will begin? At what age do YOU think a child is capable of taking the dog out INTO THE YARD? It isn't as if she has to take the dog out into the streets of Chicago or DC, is it? If Mom and Dad did not believe that it should be the children's responsibility (even though they're supposed to), why do you suppose that chore was on their "to do" list?

Oh, and another thing? Why Question #1 anyway? You have a problem with the topics that others choose to bring to this forum?

Immie

Agreed, and it is even worse when they bring the dog out, walk across the street or go next door to the neighbors yard and let the animal do its thing when they are within just feet of their own yards.

Now that is rude!

Immie

AMEN! I have neighbors who seem to think I won't notice because I have a dog. Hmmm.... If I clean up after MY dog, and if MY dog is 65 lbs. and THEIRS is 15 lbs., you think I'll notice?

Oh my god.

Kids who promised to take care of the dog, but Mamma ends up shouldering that all that duty.

That, like, never happens, does it?

Yeah those kids are very unusual.

Shocking.

I say if he cannot keep his kids in line we ought to impeach him.

What say ye, tools?

Forum List

Back