Who Should Government Serve?

A Government of the people, by the people and for the people

Dear Windship:

Read the Preamble to the U.S. Constitution. It tells you the purpose of government. State governments are a little different, but the basics are the same.

Since you apparently believe that "Government" favors "corporations" over people, you apparently lack even a basic understanding of what a corporation is.

A corporation is a fictitious "person," created by the state at the request of an investor (or a group of investors). Corporations ARE people. They are investors, employees, officers, and directors. When Government passes a law that seems to support corporations, those laws are benefitting (in theory at least), the owners, employees, customers, suppliers, service providers, and lenders of that corporation.

You gave no examples of "government ruling for corporations," but I will, just for illustration. Let's say the state legislature passes a law that says that ExxonMobile can drill for oil in the middle of a state park. You are horrified, right?

That law is intended to create benefits for the stockholders, employees, vendors, service providers, and customers of ExxonMobile, as well as to provide additional tax revenue for the state, which benefits everyone living in that state.

On the other hand, the people visiting that state park may have their enjoyment reduced a bit.

Legislatures have to balance costs and benefits. If you don't like their assessment, vote the bastards out.

And I am sure Windship's initial response was.............

AH.......HUH.....WHAT......wait, Exxons building an Oil well in Yellowstone, that's outrageous!

Sure...lmao...drill a bunch of holes in a caldera. They would. You would too.

The gov duty is to regulate wall street and the corporations to protect the people from the elite. You dont know shit, do you? You want corporations running the world? Lol, you dont understand what that means, do you?
No! We want to be like Venezuela and North Korea where the government decides e erything for us

Is that how you would describe this country between the years 1945-1970?

I have no idea at all what you're talking about

The gov duty is to regulate wall street and the corporations to protect the people from the elite. You dont know shit, do you? You want corporations running the world? Lol, you dont understand what that means, do you?
No! We want to be like Venezuela and North Korea where the government decides e erything for us

I know. Look it up.

I know. Look it up.

I don't need to look up that you have no idea what you're talking about

Forum List

Back