Who Should Have The Right To Vote?

We've come a long way in this country. At the start, voting laws were determined on a state by state basis. Many required land ownership for voting rights. Women and colored people were not necessarily excluded since they too have been landowners since well before the start of this country. The concept was that those who had no investment in this country should have no say in in our government, a concept not without merit.

These days it seems we've accepted this idiotic notion that everyone should be able to vote. It's created a serious conflict of interest when people dependent on government are able to vote to increase and sustain such dependence extorting the toils of the producers in this country.

So here's my proposal. Zero liability voters should be banned!

That's right. If you're a net consumer of government, you don't get to vote. It's perfectly fair since I'm the one paying taxes to fund your entitlements. This doesn't include people on Social Security. They paid into that and they deserve to draw from it. That isn't welfare.

But for those of you who pay ZERO taxes, who are on welfare, foodstamps, or disability, I don't hate you, I have no animosity toward you, but I don't think you should have the right to vote in this country.
I support a literacy test, but I do not support property requirements or tax paying as a requirement to vote.

We offer all people an equal chance to become literate, through free public education Pre-k-12, and even beyond into trade schools.

At this point in our history, not all are born on an equal economic footing, so that would not be fair.

All are born with the ability to get a free education, unless just mentally deficient, and then they should not vote anyway.

In short, literacy test, fair, property requirements not fair at this stage in our history. Later maybe.

Literacy tests would hardly make a difference. Everyone can read, though some choose not to.

And everyone has the ability to work and pay taxes and not be a drag on the system unless they're disabled. People choose to have children out of wedlock with no support and then throw themselves upon the system to take care of them. There really are no victims here except those whose labors are stolen from by those who vote for legislative plunder. Fair is fair. Anyone on the dole should not be able to vote for more of OPM.

We've come a long way in this country. At the start, voting laws were determined on a state by state basis. Many required land ownership for voting rights. Women and colored people were not necessarily excluded since they too have been landowners since well before the start of this country. The concept was that those who had no investment in this country should have no say in in our government, a concept not without merit.

These days it seems we've accepted this idiotic notion that everyone should be able to vote. It's created a serious conflict of interest when people dependent on government are able to vote to increase and sustain such dependence extorting the toils of the producers in this country.

That's right. If you're a net consumer of government, you don't get to vote. It's perfectly fair since I'm the one paying taxes to fund your entitlements. This doesn't include people on Social Security. They paid into that and they deserve to draw from it. That isn't welfare.

But for those of you who pay ZERO taxes, who are on welfare, foodstamps, or disability, I don't hate you, I have no animosity toward you, but I don't think you should have the right to vote in this country.

So American troops don't get to vote?

Do you know what earned benefits are and can you distinguish them from welfare?

I quote you:
It's created a serious conflict of interest when people dependent on government are able to vote to increase

American troops are entirely dependent upon government payments.

I quote you:
It's created a serious conflict of interest when people dependent on government are able to vote to increase

Read in context, a rational person would understand I'm talking about welfare, not earned benefits. or did the reference to Social Security go right over your head? You're an intelligent person playing a very silly game. You know the difference between earned benefits and welfare, so stop playing stupid.

I quote you:

Read in context, a rational person would understand I'm talking about welfare, not earned benefits. or did the reference to Social Security go right over your head? You're an intelligent person playing a very silly game. You know the difference between earned benefits and welfare, so stop playing stupid.

Tell me how this statement of yours:

would not apply to American troops?

People dependent on government- i.e. anyone who depends on a government check- are able to increase and sustain such dependence extorting the tolls of the producers of the country.

I have tremendous respect for our military- but they are not producers. Everything that you said in that sentence- and yes you were thinking of people who receive welfare- would also apply to our troops.

I quote you:

Tell me how this statement of yours:

would not apply to American troops?

People dependent on government- i.e. anyone who depends on a government check- are able to increase and sustain such dependence extorting the tolls of the producers of the country.

I have tremendous respect for our military- but they are not producers. Everything that you said in that sentence- and yes you were thinking of people who receive welfare- would also apply to our troops.

You're still playing stupid. You know the difference between earned benefits and welfare even though you're pretending they're they same thing. I don't buy your act.

Agreed. The only exception should be seniors and US military.

If you don't pay taxes, you don't get to vote

I support a literacy test, but I do not support property requirements or tax paying as a requirement to vote.

We offer all people an equal chance to become literate, through free public education Pre-k-12, and even beyond into trade schools.

At this point in our history, not all are born on an equal economic footing, so that would not be fair.

All are born with the ability to get a free education, unless just mentally deficient, and then they should not vote anyway.

In short, literacy test, fair, property requirements not fair at this stage in our history. Later maybe.

Literacy tests would hardly make a difference. Everyone can read, though some choose not to.

And everyone has the ability to work and pay taxes and not be a drag on the system unless they're disabled. People choose to have children out of wedlock with no support and then throw themselves upon the system to take care of them. There really are no victims here except those whose labors are stolen from by those who vote for legislative plunder. Fair is fair. Anyone on the dole should not be able to vote for more of OPM.
Civic literacy tests are needed.

Reading Harry Potter does not make on a civically literate person.

Anyone who gets more from the government than he or she pays in taxes should be declared a ward of the state and should not be permitted to vote. Military personnel (active, Guard/Reserve, or retired) and emergency responders (police, fire, EMT, etc) would not have their pay counted against them for voting purposes.

Anyone who gets more from the government than he or she pays in taxes should be declared a ward of the state and should not be permitted to vote. Military personnel (active, Guard/Reserve, or retired) and emergency responders (police, fire, EMT, etc) would not have their pay counted against them for voting purposes.

That's been the issue on this thread, deliberately thick Leftists pretending they can't tell the difference between earned benefits and pay for government work and welfare that people don't work for, haven't earned, and simply vote for at the expense of the producers in this country. My OP could have been more clear on this point, but my mention of Social Security should have been a clear indicator that I wasn't talking about earned benefits. They Lying Left sees things they way they want to see it, so they deliberately misinterpret my post.

No, you miss my point: unless it is military or emergency responder pay, ANYTHING should be counted! Never work in your life and now collecting social security? No vote!

It's an old idea that I agree with, but it will never come to pass. For one thing, the people you want to take the vote away from now have the right to vote. The chances that they will give up their right to vote are non-existent.

Cool! Another USMB nutter has outlined the primary USMB nutter motivation. Fear that some lesser being is going to take their shit.

Yep. that is definitely something everyone with any property should worry about. That's why we have things like police and burglar alarms.

You're delusional if you think everyone has the same opportunity at getting an education. Kids in the inner city go to schools that are little more than combat zones. Kids who have college educated parents get tutored by their parents. They learn more from their parents than the learn in school. Children whose parents are ignorant learn nothing from their parents.

I quote you:

They earn those payments by defending the country. How does someone earn welfare?

You libs are always trying to equate welfare to SS and apparently you're trying to equate Military service to it as well.

All I can say to that is .....Go fuck yourself.
Find another way to justify your living on the gov tit,cause that shit dont fly.

What else can they do? When you are trying to justify the unjustifiable, you have no choice but to lie and make shit up.

Forum List

Back