Who should pay for illegal's medical care?

Should we deduct all costs for illegals from the foreign aid budget?

• Yes, why should US taxpayers pay for those here illegally?

Votes: 6 60.0%
  • No, we need to keep borrowing money for foreign aid

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other, I'll explain in my post

Votes: 4 40.0%

• Total voters
I called my cable company today...
My cable bill is due... Again.

I asked if they could switch me over to that free Obama Internet service.
I also asked if they could at least cancel my phone account with them.
I figured I could get a free Obama phone,get free Obama Internet...Then apply for Obama bucks
so I can quit my job,get UE benefits,get some Obama bucks,get free Obama internet....Get a free Obama cell phone...

Crap,the democrat party has their shit together,
no wonder why they win elections.

Doesn't it bother you that not one word of this silliness is true?

There are many horror stories of hospitals giving care to illegals who have no money. We end up paying for those who can't afford to pay.

Lets take a poll whether or not we should deduct those costs from foreign aid.

The taxpayer can pay it. Although Americans don't like to give a cent to those less fortunate, do they?

The taxpayer pays for to much as it is.

These people are illegals. They shouldn't be in the country to begin with so who the hell wants to pay for their healthcare? Not me.

Ship em back to Mexico. Let the Mexican Govt cover the bill.

What do you do in Austrailia?? I'm sure your taxpayers would balk at footing the bill for ILLEGALS in your country. Whats Austalias policy on illegals? I'm sure you folks don't roll out the red carpet for em just like Mexico doesn't.

We have people arriving by boat all the time. Some of them need medical treatment. Some Liberal taxpayers can sook all they like, but I happy to help these people out.

There are many horror stories of hospitals giving care to illegals who have no money. We end up paying for those who can't afford to pay.

Lets take a poll whether or not we should deduct those costs from foreign aid.
A better question is who should pay for medical cost for those without money or health insurance and how do we bring down the cost of delivery. Data on health care costs for illegal immigrants are sketchy because hospitals and community health centers don't ask about patients' legal status. Also some illegal immigrants have insurance. Illegal immigrants contribute to the cost of healthcare, but there are much bigger problems.

Treat the person.

If they are an immigrant, legal or illegal, and they don't have insurance, send the bill to their home country.

If they refuse to pay, deduct it from their next check,
Your plans is not practical. Hospitals and healthcare centers don't ask about citizenship. The home country would not pay anyway. Garnishing someones pay is almost impossible if they are undocumented.

Why are rw's suddenly concerned with this? They haven't complained about it all these years and they voted for Mittens who wanted to keep Reagan's disastrous EMTALA in force. And, they hate the ACA which would not cover illegals.

The poll makes no sense. Foreign aid and healthcare for illegals is not even close to the same thing. When I worked for a county hospital-if someone came to the ER, and it was an Emergency, they would get the care they needed-no matter what. If they were here illegally, they were reported to the proper authorities and if they were here legally-they got the bill regardless. No matter what, even if you only pay $10/month you get the bill. Yes, many bills go unpaid and the hospital eats the cost-in the case of county hospitals-the taxpayer eats the cost.

Edit-Let me also add that reporting to the proper authorities is not something that happens at all hospitals because of the fact that they would not seek out care and not only cause pain and suffering-which ethically Dr's have to take care of but also increases the spread of contagious diseases like TB.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back